Shipping vitamins from US

Answers to your qestions about moving to and living in Peru,

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shipping vitamins from US

Postby woodchuck » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:01 am

A friend in the US has suggested I try special vitamins for people over 60.
I went to the web site & the company doesn't ship to Peru.
Do any readers anticipate "problems" if my friend ships to me?
Thanks for your help.

Wiracocha
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Shipping vitamins from US

Postby Wiracocha » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Hello,

Peruvian Customs sometimes have an issue with imported vitamin pills, fish oil capsules etc etc...and can request/demand that the receiver shows a prescription, or there is a prescription with the goods, made in the name of the receiver, before they will release the package....and even maybe request "duty"or tax to be paid.
If that is not done, they may return to sender.
You could try an inexpensive shipment and get your friend in the States to send it via USPS First Class International mail....that works for me, here in Peru, when I buy stuff off Ebay....nothing gone missing (yet) and the Serpost postie here will get a signature and ID number from the receiver.

Alternatively, buy local in Peru from a Natural Products outlet

Cheers, hope this helps...even thought it is a bit negative....voice of experience .
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Thanks.
That is probably why many businesses in the US will not ship to Peru.
They don't want the hassle of merchandise returned or extra fees/taxes go the purchaser.
Unfortunately, I have not seen a comprable product in Peru.
Drupal

Postby Drupal » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:03 am

It seems to me that through the delivery service everything can be arranged. Including the delivery of medical products and vitamins.
Linker

Postby Linker » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:16 am

You can easily use a customs broker from the USA to deliver medicines. They are engaged in drawing up relevant documents and working with the US Customs. See what offer clearitusa - https://clearitusa.com/. You can arrange this variant аnd the price is pleasant.
gt-cri

Postby gt-cri » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:39 pm

Linker wrote:You can easily use a customs broker from the USA to deliver medicines. They are engaged in drawing up relevant documents and working with the US Customs. See what offer clearitusa - https://clearitusa.com/. You can arrange this variant аnd the price is pleasant.

Clearitusa.com only deal with imports TO the US, not exports FROM. A import broker at Callao would be required, or a different shipping agent, who could manage all documentation for Peru Customs. Or do it yourself, with associated risks/"extras" etc.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register