From Guatemala, need advice on staying in Peru

Answers to your qestions about moving to and living in Peru,

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

delaselva

From Guatemala, need advice on staying in Peru

Postby delaselva » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:59 am

Hi everyone,

I am from Guatemala City and I have not been able to find many Guatemalans that also live in Perú. I understand the number of days and the technical parts of what I am allowed --- however, my real question is: has anyone from Guatemala tried to stay over their number of days in Perú and what has happened? Have you left the country and returned? How has it worked for you? Thank you for your time!

Buenos días,

Soy de Guatemala. Ahora mismo, estoy viviendo por Perú pero todavía no he conocido a nadie más de Guatemala que también ahora está viviendo por Perú. Entiendo yo que sólo tengo 90 días con mi visa pero me gustaría saber si hay alguien de Guatemala que sí, ha pasado sus días permitidos aquí en Perú y qué hiciste (saliste? quedaste?) Cómo funcionaba para tí? Mil gracias,

Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: From Guatemala, need advice on staying in Peru

Postby Formidable 1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:38 pm

Why would you want to over stay?
Wiracocha
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: From Guatemala, need advice on staying in Peru

Postby Wiracocha » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:38 am

by delaselva » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:59 am

Hi everyone,

I am from Guatemala City and I have not been able to find many Guatemalans that also live in Perú. I understand the number of days and the technical parts of what I am allowed --- however, my real question is: has anyone from Guatemala tried to stay over their number of days in Perú and what has happened? Have you left the country and returned? How has it worked for you? Thank you for your time!

Buenos días,""
G'day Delaselva,
I suggest that you read the posting headed "Tourist visa,current Migraciones law". for current information.
Generally speaking, if you overstay your tourist visa, you will be charged Soles/4.15 per day of overstay (in excess of the number of days given to you on your original arrival).. and have to pay at the airport when you leave Peru.
However, you can request an extension of the tourist visa from Migraciones, BUT BEFORE your current visa expires !!

Hope this helps,
Wiracocha

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register