children naturalization

Answers to your qestions about moving to and living in Peru,

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

alinaargentina

children naturalization

Postby alinaargentina » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Hello

Me and my husband are from argentinan nationals, our children aged 10 and 15 are spanish and argentinian nationals, born in spain. we have lived in peru since 2016. is it posible for my children to become peruvian citizen when they are under 18 years. can they become peruvians and also still be argentian and spanish. I heve read the you have to be 18 to naturalize. Maybe we parents have to naturalize first. Please nice if help me.

bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: children naturalization

Postby bigdaddy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:15 am

alinaargentina wrote:Hello

Me and my husband are from argentinan nationals, our children aged 10 and 15 are spanish and argentinian nationals, born in spain. we have lived in peru since 2016. is it posible for my children to become peruvian citizen when they are under 18 years. can they become peruvians and also still be argentian and spanish. I heve read the you have to be 18 to naturalize. Maybe we parents have to naturalize first. Please nice if help me.

Yeah, youse guys doing it first would be the right call.
Teach your children well.

Cheers!
Large and in charge!
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: children naturalization

Postby Alan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:07 pm

This was such an interesting question that I reached out to the law firm that advertises on this site (rgbavocats.com). They answered the following:

1. With regard to adults, applicants who wish to nationalize must have at least (02) years of legal residence; according to Article 3°, sub-section 1) of Law N° 26574 - Law of Peruvian Nationality (hereinafter the "Law"). It should be noted here that applicants must submit their application according to their current migratory category.
2. In regard to minors, they can apply for legal residence under the category of Relative of a Peruvian Resident (Familiar Residente), however they cannot apply for Peruvian citizenship until they reach the age of eighteen (18); according to Article 4° of the Law.
3. With regards to the loss of foreign nationality, the Peruvian National Superintendence of Immigration does not explicitly ask applicants to renounce their foreign nationality before the appropriate entities, so nationalized Peruvian citizens may retain their foreign citizenship.

I hope this helps :)

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register