Carnet

Answers to your qestions about moving to and living in Peru,

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

Gordi

Carnet

Postby Gordi » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi, I'm married to a Peruvian citizen and I'm planning to apply for the carnet. Does anyone know roughly how long the process takes? Also, has the process has changed with the recent changes to immigration law? Any replies gratefully received.

gt-cri

Re: Carnet

Postby gt-cri » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Hi Gordi,

I just had my application approved and it was just short of 2 months from start to finish. I did most of the leg-work in Miraflores but had to visit Lima central Immigraciones office, to sort out an issue with the web-based appointments system. The form to use was Formulario F-004 (Cambio de Calidad Migratoria Residente Familiar De Residente).

That and making payments to the Banco de la Nacion took most of the back and forward efforts, apart from the Interpol 0.5 day trawl, for the Police Report. After everything was handed-in (copies of passport, marriage certificate copy, copy of last entry page on passport, DNI of my wife, a utility bill from our address) it became a waiting-game, occasionally logging-in to the immigraciones website to monitor the progress.

It's worth mentioning that Christmas/New Year would have probably caused additional delays in processing the application.
Hope that helps!
gt
Gordi

Postby Gordi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Thanks gt-cri, that's really useful to know.
gt-cri

Postby gt-cri » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:08 pm

No worries- good luck and get in touch if you need any more info?

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register