Most livable cities in the world

Answers to your qestions about moving to and living in Peru,

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Most livable cities in the world

Postby woodchuck » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:08 am

Just stumbled upon this info & thought I would share with other expats.
I am perfectly happy living in Huaral, Peru; but if I was to do some traveling - these cities would appeal to me.
Enjoy your day.

http://news.trust.org/item/20190312234913-0wgcx


User avatar
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 741
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:36 am

Re: Most livable cities in the world

Postby SilverbackPeru » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:00 pm

I can see those cities mentioned in the top places being good places to live but at the same time when the list states London as being the most livable city in the U.K you can't help but think there's some major B.S going on! :roll: :lol:
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Re: Most livable cities in the world

Postby woodchuck » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:36 am

Any list regarding anything is ripe for interpretation.
I was shocked by London especially with the recent Muslim influence.
User avatar
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 2758
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Most livable cities in the world

Postby Alan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:13 pm

woodchuck wrote:Any list regarding anything is ripe for interpretation.
I was shocked by London especially with the recent Muslim influence.



I am not really sure what your thinking is behind that statement. The quality of life in a city is more about personal behaviour and economics than religion. Boy, I'd rather have a peace loving, hard working, tax paying Muslim neighbor over a lazy, violent, tax evading 'whatever'. Besides, isn´t it a little lazy how we westerners generalize about ´Muslims¨in the way we would never generalize about Christians (which are a pretty mixed bag, too). It's not very fair, if you stop and think about it.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Most livable cities in the world

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:53 pm

Alan wrote:
woodchuck wrote:Any list regarding anything is ripe for interpretation.
I was shocked by London especially with the recent Muslim influence.



I am not really sure what your thinking is behind that statement. The quality of life in a city is more about personal behaviour and economics than religion. Boy, I'd rather have a peace loving, hard working, tax paying Muslim neighbor over a lazy, violent, tax evading 'whatever'. Besides, isn´t it a little lazy how we westerners generalize about ´Muslims¨in the way we would never generalize about Christians (which are a pretty mixed bag, too). It's not very fair, if you stop and think about it.

Well ya gotta admit there ain't no 'vicious tax evaders' strapping on bombs or driving air planes into buildings, to say nothing of the fatwas "Death to Christians. Cheers!
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Most livable cities in the world

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:51 pm

69roadrunner wrote:
Alan wrote:
woodchuck wrote:Any list regarding anything is ripe for interpretation.
I was shocked by London especially with the recent Muslim influence.



I am not really sure what your thinking is behind that statement. The quality of life in a city is more about personal behaviour and economics than religion. Boy, I'd rather have a peace loving, hard working, tax paying Muslim neighbor over a lazy, violent, tax evading 'whatever'. Besides, isn´t it a little lazy how we westerners generalize about ´Muslims¨in the way we would never generalize about Christians (which are a pretty mixed bag, too). It's not very fair, if you stop and think about it.

Well ya gotta admit there ain't no 'vicious tax evaders' strapping on suicide vests or driving air planes into buildings, to say nothing of the fatwas "Death to Christians and Jews. Cheers!
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Re: Most livable cities in the world

Postby woodchuck » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:58 pm

I personally know a bunch of former London residents that have come to Peru due to the Muslim influences.
The sharia law situation would personally bother me also.
It would be great if all nationalities could exist together, but some are too violent for the average person.
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1453
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: "Miraflores State of Mind"

Re: Most livable cities in the world

Postby Alpineprince » Wed May 01, 2019 10:43 pm

I am thankful they have arrived in Peru and have brought their cuisine. I have a Shawarma once a week!
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Re: Most livable cities in the world

Postby Formidable 1 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:35 am

Alpineprince wrote:I am thankful they have arrived in Peru and have brought their cuisine. I have a Shawarma once a week!


Filling our bellies with great grub is something we can all agree on.
After all, that's why we're here.
User avatar
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 2758
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Most livable cities in the world

Postby Alan » Thu May 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Formidable 1 wrote:
Alpineprince wrote:I am thankful they have arrived in Peru and have brought their cuisine. I have a Shawarma once a week!


Filling our bellies with great grub is something we can all agree on.
After all, that's why we're here.


It's probably not the reason why most people come, but it is one of the better reasons to stay! :D
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Most livable cities in the world

Postby jumpinjack » Thu May 09, 2019 11:13 am

Alan wrote:
woodchuck wrote:Any list regarding anything is ripe for interpretation.
I was shocked by London especially with the recent Muslim influence.


Boy, I'd rather have a peace loving, hard working, tax paying Muslim neighbor over a lazy, violent, tax evading 'whatever'.


Peace loving?
Keep in mind, these kids are entrenched in the USA, could be your next door neighbor anywhere in the western world. Imagine what their parents must be like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTc4Bxz ... T3jdza8iuY
User avatar
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 2758
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Most livable cities in the world

Postby Alan » Fri May 10, 2019 12:43 pm

jumpinjack wrote:
Peace loving?
Keep in mind, these kids are entrenched in the USA, could be your next door neighbor anywhere in the western world. Imagine what their parents must be like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTc4Bxz ... T3jdza8iuY


No thanks! There is too much imagining going on already. :)

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register