Need help with booking a flight

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Need help with booking a flight

Postby sunflower » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Can anyone recommend a travel agency, preferable with someone who speaks English and knows a thing or two about his / her job, that can do nothing else than give me a fair quote for a flight for 3 adults and 1 child from Lima to San Jose, either via Panama or Santo Domingo and if the price is ok book it for me?

I’m completely helpless and overwhelmed by the numerous online flight booking sites. Every time I think I have found a good deal, extra charges are miraculously added or Tuesday is cheaper than Wednesday, …. It seems for certain things I’m just too blond!

Thanks for any tips and advice from people who understood the system!

Eva

craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Need help with booking a flight

Postby craig » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:32 pm

Try Vayama. If you really want an English (also German) speaking Peruvian travel agent contact Ana María Gutiérrez at Urpis Peru.

Craig
--
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. -- Thomas Jefferson
Arroz con Pollo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Arroz con Pollo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 am

San Jose.. Costa Rica or California? If Costa Rica you're looking at a $940 round trip via Taca. I've flown the route about 5 times (1/year). It has been the same exact price for 5 years. There are some flights they route through places like Panama/Colombia and you save about $100 or so but then you take a 3.5hr trip and make it about 16-20hrs. not counting delays. If California disregard my comments.
Last edited by Arroz con Pollo on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
PTTurboe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby PTTurboe » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:13 am

Costa Rica is expensive from here. I go to Panama City a lot and it is $440 on Copa one way. (Upgrade to business class is $200 more.) Then you got to get to San Jose....

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register