Dentists in Lima

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
eugene.in.peru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Dentists in Lima

Postby eugene.in.peru » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:56 pm

ozzie wrote:My family goes to Dr. Raul Ordoñes in Salamanca which is near La Molina, San Borja area.

I had two root canals and two dental implants and one daughter had 7 cavities fixed. At first I tried dentists from my insurance, Maison de Sainte, but their prices were astronomical and I was treated like a money machine and the work was rushed so they could over charge.

His specialty is general dentistry, root canals, and implants.
I have been going to this dentist for three years.
His prices are very reasonable. I payed $ 1200 for two dental implants with the crowns included. Romandent in San Isidro wanted $2400. Dr. Ordoñes is in Salamanca, where prices are
lower then Miraflores, Surco, Molina, San Borja, Monterrico, and San Isidro.

He is a dental surgeon registered with the "Colegio de Odontologos de Peru" and he is accomodating in setting appointments.
He speaks some English; His two daughters that are Dental school students speak English.
His office is clean; it is located in:
Avenida Paracas 908, # 202, Salamanca
His Phone number is 999719925. His email is [email protected].
Tell him Oscar from Texas provided the referral. Salamanca has good dentists with good rates. If you have questions email me.

Awesome! Thank you!

Indra

Postby Indra » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:42 pm

I would like to recommend the Dentist Dr. Carlos Cueva. He is the best dentist i have ever know. He has studied and worked in USA many years, but now he has him dental office in Miraflores, Lima - Peru.
I visited different dentists in U.S.A. but nowere have I found a dentist like.
He speaks English good English.
www.odontodigital.com [email protected] cell phone 991216060
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:19 am

I made this website which connects people with English speaking doctors in Lima. I have worked here in Peru for 10 years in the medical field and I know who you can trust. Here is a link to the dental section:

http://www.surgeryinperu.com/dental-treatment-in-lima/

You can also get an idea of prices by looking here:

http://www.surgeryinperu.com/prices/

Hope it helps!

LOGO surgeryinperu.png
LOGO surgeryinperu.png (11.64 KiB) Viewed 4166 times
gameofthrones

Postby gameofthrones » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:17 pm

mfperu wrote:I chose not to go with Peru Dental. It was 240 Soles for the cleaning and "basic check up", and the full diagnosis and 3D exrays were another 396 Soles, or 634 Soles, which is a LOT of money in Peru, and much, much higher than I've heard other dentists charge. I was confused with what the basic check up was as they needed the full diagnosis to be able to treat. I also needed to come into the office to find out what kind of materials they use for fillings. Historically when things get too complicated or the dental work is way higher than other places it doesn't end well. I find a correlation between the cost of the place and how much dentistry the are looking to sell (a term I heard a dentist use in his office once). There's another expat site with a lot of locals and no one has mentioned Peru Dental. Sometimes when there's many people recommending a dentist, especially when their not recommended on the other local site, I get curious if the dentist is driving traffic to the site.

Can you please tell me the name of the other boards? Thanks and happy holidays!
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:28 am

Do your due diligence on Price & EXPERTISE!
I made the mistake of trusting a dentist in Peru (a referral) & he extracted four (4) of my teeth with no x-rays. He assured me he could tell they were in need of extraction just by visually looking at the teeth.
When my regular dentist returned from a long vacation, he explained using my recent x-rays that none of the teeth needed to be extracted!
I filed a complaint with INDECOPI, but apparently the dentist "bribed" them into taking no action.
I am told this happens more often than people realize, especially when you are dealing with people who are wealthy or have many powerful contacts.
PS - I bribed the local police to shut down his office & I don't think he practices any more!
Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:17 pm

woodchuck wrote:Do your due diligence on Price & EXPERTISE!
I made the mistake of trusting a dentist in Peru (a referral) & he extracted four (4) of my teeth with no x-rays. He assured me he could tell they were in need of extraction just by visually looking at the teeth.
When my regular dentist returned from a long vacation, he explained using my recent x-rays that none of the teeth needed to be extracted!
I filed a complaint with INDECOPI, but apparently the dentist "bribed" them into taking no action.
I am told this happens more often than people realize, especially when you are dealing with people who are wealthy or have many powerful contacts.
PS - I bribed the local police to shut down his office & I don't think he practices any more!

Did you have gold fillings? Maybe he was after that.
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 am

I do have some gold crowns from when I had great insurance in the US!

The dentist had added an office to his residence w/o securing the proper paperwork.
I bribed the police to SHUT HIM DOWN & he was forced to close his dental practice.
I don't advocate abusing the legal process, but sometimes it is necessary.
annamc

Postby annamc » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Helloooo! I’d like to recommend Odontodigital. It was Christmas Eve & my family and I were touring around miraflores, but I was unable to eat or even enjoy the day because I was having a strong pain in a tooth that had a root canal about 12 years ago. I gave Dr.Carlos Cueva a call and he was nice enough to attend me on Xmas eve, which you rarely see in the US with most clinics &
places being closed. He did an amazing job & in the long run ended up saving me a huge amount of money with the treatment he performed & was even able to save my natural tooth rather than to extract it as we thought he might’ve had to do.

Definitely recommend Dr.Carlos Cueva! His office is in Miraflores, I believe others have stated his information above as well^^.

Happy New Year everyone!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register