LAN Lima to Easter Island Flights

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
jude
Gold Member
Gold Member

LAN Lima to Easter Island Flights

Postby jude » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:20 am

In January LAN will start flying directly from Lima to Easter Island twice a week. To promote this new route LAN is offering some highly discounted fares on their website. I snagged a Lima-Easter Island return for $300 which is an excellent price. So if Easter Island has been on your wish list for a while, as it has been on mine, then this may well be the time.

americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LAN Lima to Easter Island Flights

Postby americorps » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:02 am

Don´t forget if you are a US Citizen, there is a $140 entry tax to enter Chile on your passport.
iron butterfly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby iron butterfly » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Yes LAN has quite a few good deals. Isn't LAN wonderful? I was just perusing the LAN site and there are many great deals, less than $70 round trip to Arequipa, for example. I am not sure if I want to take advantage of that one or the Cuzco deal, at less than $60 round trip.
americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby americorps » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Just got a round trip to Tacna for $60 on Peruvian Airlines and I can take my tourist friend without paying the $300 Lan would charge him for the same trip.

Sweet lan.
markr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby markr » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:14 am

I landed in Arequipa the other day on one of LAN's $66 bargain flights, excellent.
I'm currently sat in the hotel lobby having checked in for my return flight tomorrow. So for no one has asked to see my CE even though all my details with them are registered under my passport number.
LAN. Simply the best.
americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby americorps » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:23 am

i have sent this conversation to Lan to see what they have to say.

Good luck tomorrow, have a safe flight.
markr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby markr » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:32 pm

americorps wrote:i have sent this conversation to Lan to see what they have to say.

Good luck tomorrow, have a safe flight.

As I said, no one "so far" has asked to see my CE. If they do, then they are more welcome to see it.
Being the straight, honest type of person that I am, I would never suggest anyone tries to bend the rules and would hope that LAN thanks you for you sincere concern, though I think there's a good chance that your good will gesture may be filed straight in the bin.
It was only as a result of previous conversations re LAN that I decided, without malice, to see how far through the journey I could progress without being asked for proof of residency. I assume, bearing in mind that you are given all the details with regards to booking requirements when you go through the online process, they suppose only an idiot would try and cheat the system.
I will report further after my return, on what I hope will be yet another enjoyable LAN experience.
soniakandathil

Postby soniakandathil » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:20 am

Hi All,

I just purchased LAN flights to Easter Island and we got three tickets for 800 US. LAN is running a promotion on their English website that includes 10% off existing flights. The fare sale to Easter Island ends today, November 30th. If you can get tickets, I hear it's worth it to go during the Tapati Festival, which in 2011 is being held from February 3rd-February 12th.

Sonia
uwwgal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby uwwgal » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:18 pm

just got back from Easter Island... i got the $300 new route price from lan.com.

the $140 fee for an American citizen to enter Chile is not enforced in Easter Island.

In fact, that is only charged when you fly into Santiago. Just like the same $140 for Americans to enter Argentina is only charged if you fly into Buenos Aires.
Katie

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register