venue for outdoor wedding in Lima?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
canadiantraveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

venue for outdoor wedding in Lima?

Postby canadiantraveller » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Hey Folks,

I have been looking around with my fiance recently to find a location for next year to have an outdoor wedding ceremony and reception in Lima and it's proving pretty difficult. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ideally we are looking within the city, places where it's not too difficult for family and friends who live in Lima to get to by taking a taxi. We are aware of places around an hour or so outside of Lima but that is more of a last resort for us, we are hoping for something a little bit closer.

A garden or nice outdoor space is what we are looking for.

Any help is appreciated.

Matt

Kelly

Re: venue for outdoor wedding in Lima?

Postby Kelly » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Perhaps the location in this thread would be adequate?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11305
Jennifer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Jennifer » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:59 pm

I went to a friends wedding last year in Parque de la Amistad in Surco, by Caminos del Inca avenue/Benavides. There was also one in the Maria Reiche park last week that i saw which looked nice. Overlooks the ocean too, so would be great for photos if you're doing a summer wedding. It's also very spacious. No idea how exactly you'd get permission to have it in the park, but struck me as a good idea.
Oliver S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Oliver S » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks Jennifer,

I dont want to steal the place now from Matt, but Maria Reiche is the place we always go with our (too many) dogs and I just told my fiancée that it is possible to marry there and she is really excited about it...jeje and its much closer and probably cheaper than the exotic places she had in her mind before...You saved me a lot of money now :) Of course you ll get an invitation then once it will happen.. :)
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi I know you may be a little short of cash, but this is the most important day of your lives. I used a wedding planner who arranged everything. A venue was organised at the Military Club in Polo and I dont remember much at the end of our wedding. My wife put me to bed. Paola from the company took care of all. The entertainment was fantastic, invitations sent out on time, Drinks on the tables and we had a wonderful day. All I had to do was be there. If you need help in this area please pm me. The cost for 150 people was $5000.
Oliver S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Oliver S » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Thanks for worrying, but we have around 50 or more women who would love to do the planning for free and we can get some club - maybe the same? for free too and we have some offer to use a great beachhouse with private beach too for free, singers, musicians - thats what friends are for!
Marrying and party is not the problem. But especially since it is an important day, we want to be at a place that has a personal meaning to us (like Maria Reiche). Dont want to go to a place I ve no connection to myself. Well, thats just my opinion. We ll marry two times anyway, one time in Europe, one time here.
meggyrosey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby meggyrosey » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:01 am

If you know anyone connected with the Air Force in Peru they have a club in Surco behind the US Embassy where there are always outdoor weddings and parties set up.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register