RE: special permission to leave Lima

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
cleo

RE: special permission to leave Lima

Postby cleo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:42 am

Hi everyone, thanks for all the advice about having a baby in a dual language home.

I would like to know, what documentation do I need when I'm leaving Lima to go to South Africa with my baby.

I heard that I can't leave with my baby without a special letter from a notarium( not sure how to spell the this word). In this letter the father states that he gives permission to the spuse to take the child out of the country.

Apparently, without this letter a mother can't travel with her child.

A family member's son is 17 years old and he was travelling to Brasil with his mom with the letter and the airport authorities were not to pleased with the legal letter.They rejected the letter and denied her boarding. They lost there flight and had to purchase another ticket.

Any information on this topic, I would appreciate it.

seb2010
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: RE: special permission to leave Lima

Postby seb2010 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 pm

I've heard about this too. I understand it applies only to children born in Peru traveling with a Peruvian passport with a parent that has another nationality. I would also like to know if anyone has dealt with this.
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:07 pm

If the child is Peruvian and is a resident of Peru and has stayed less than 3 months in Peru you don't need the autorizacion de viaje.
http://www.digemin.gob.pe/cm_cmsp_mostrar.asp
Also if the child is a foreign resident it needs the autorizacion
http://www.digemin.gob.pe/cm_cmse_mostrar.asp

This is only the case if the child doesn't travel with both parents ( meaning that if he does travel with both parents you don't need the permit ). If the child only has a mother registered in the birthcertificate ( so in that case the father never recognized the kid ) you can travel without the fathers permit, but I would anyway check it out in a notario. I suppose you would need to show that birthcertificate then, to proof your case..

It is to protect children from child-trafficking.
cleo

Postby cleo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi everyone,
In response to this problem, you do need special permission to leave the country with your child ,if you are travelling alone.

This rule freaks me out for the one reason that my fiancee works in Miami for up to 25 days in the month, he is only in Lima for ten days.
If I need to leave Lima in an emergency , what is the procedure for this?
This is very stressfull for me.
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:38 am

cleo wrote:Hi everyone,
In response to this problem, you do need special permission to leave the country with your child ,if you are travelling alone.

This rule freaks me out for the one reason that my fiancee works in Miami for up to 25 days in the month, he is only in Lima for ten days.http://weather.yahoo.com/climo/PEXX0005 ... d=418443If I need to leave Lima in an emergency , what is the procedure for this?
This is very stressfull for me.

You need a notarized letter from your spouse/other parent. That is an international rule even in the usa.
Any trip you take internationally the airlines will request the letter. This does not only apply to peru.
Even if your child has a greencard and a US passport or other country.
You will need a letter. There may be an issue also if your child has a different last name, in some cases of un married or divorce couples, they may not give permission. I had to adopt my stepson to take on my last name so that we did not have the hassle of bieng delayed even with a letter. Now his Peruvian passport and green card carry my name which helps us breeze through the airport.

As far as a CE, if you are married to a peruvian you can go and come as you please. Just be sure to have
Your tax stamp on your CE, which show you paid your year CE taxes and fees.
cleo

Re: Illegal Status

Postby cleo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:37 am

Hi, everyone and thanks once again for the advice. It helped me alot.
Now, I really need some major advise.
I'm 36 weeks pregnant, due to the my pregnancy been "high risk" I could not leave Lima to renew my passport.( I normally fly to Miami and then return and recieve 6 months additional time to stay)
I had lost $1000. 00 for my ticket to South Africa because it expired( 1 year)
I am now very much illegal and living here. I'm giving birth in March and leaving to visit my family in South Africa in May 2011.I will be returning after 2 months. I was told by various people and family that all I need to do is pay the overdue amount at the airport and all will be ok. Is it as simple as this?
Can someone please tell me what will happen to me at the airport? Will I be datained? Will I be allowed into Lima again?
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:56 am

I would say you cannot cross any border until you renew your passport, so your only option is to renew your passport in the USA embassy in Lima. And then do the paperwork to transfer your entry into Peru from your old passport to your new passport ( in Migraciones ).
Good luck with your pregnancy !!
Pollo mani
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Pollo mani » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:26 am

I think the OP means that she has not renewed her Visa , not that her passport in out of date. If that is the case , yes it is that easy. when you leave you will have to pay a fine of $1.00 per day over stay.So far there have been no problems returning to Peru after an over stay. Good luck.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register