Bookstores

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
keng223
Silver Member
Silver Member

Bookstores

Postby keng223 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:58 am

I am looking for a place that stocks a good amount of books on Peruvian history. Sadly for me they have to be in English. I'm going to head down to Larcomar because I don't know where else to go - and i don't even know if there's even a bookstore there at all. So if anyone has a gem of an idea for me, that would be terrific. Thanks!

keng223
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Bookstores

Postby keng223 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:02 am

p.s. If someone wants to exchange, i'd be thrilled. I currently have "a sacred landscape" by hugh thompson (interesting, easy read), and "chan chan, andean desert city" which is a serious archaeology book on the northern cultures, mostly the chimu and moche.
Cruton
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Cruton » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:17 pm

I always have good luck with finding English books at Ibero Libreria in Miraflores along Parque Kennedy. http://www.moon.com/destinations/peru/l ... bookstores

There are also two bookstores in Plaza San Miguel with lots of English language history and travel books about Peru.
jude
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jude » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Try South American Explorers. They have new and used books for sale, and if you're a member you can borrow books from their library.
Mr. X
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Mr. X » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Of course with a Kindle or comparable device you can get whatever you want as a download anywhere you have internet access.

Here in the US, Amazon connects to sellers of 2nd hand books and that's where I get Spanish language books for my Peruvian wife. I just search "libros en español" and an author's name.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register