WHERE SHOULD I HAVE MY BABY IN LIMA?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
SFGirl

WHERE SHOULD I HAVE MY BABY IN LIMA?

Postby SFGirl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:36 pm

I am due in June and need to get info on having my baby in Lima. I will spend whatever it takes to have a great experience. I just need to feel taken care of and that the doctors know what they are doing. I know that I need a cesarian.
Also, any advice on flying or taking a bus or collectivo super pregnant?
please email my at [email protected] if you have advice or experience. thanks!

Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: WHERE SHOULD I HAVE MY BABY IN LIMA?

Postby Alpineprince » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:09 pm

I would probably edit my email so as not to get spam.
orla1

Postby orla1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:20 pm

I have a friend who had her baby in clinica hope, miraflores. she was very happy with the service. I had scans there while pregnant, in the end I went back to Europe to have my baby, but I definately would have stuck with them if I was to have stayed here. not particularly expensive either. I wouldnt advise buses or combis while pregnant- no way, they drive way to recklessly and barely come to a halt to let you get off! Taxi is the best option I think to get around!
happyfeet1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby happyfeet1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:01 am

How much does it cost to have a natural birth in one of the nicer clinics in Lima?
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:18 am

Clinica Montesur in Surco is highly recommended. Some friends had their children there, which were born very premature. They got great care, but it was pricy. It is a Clinica specialized in gynecology, premature births etc.
koplinfamilia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby koplinfamilia » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:02 am

My friend is staying with us right now and is due to have her baby this month in the clinica Ricardo Palma by C-section. She says that he place is completely remodeled and is excellent. She has told me the cost without insurance (although she has insurance there) and I want to say around 2700 soles, and that is for a C-section... great price compared to the States and one of the best clinics in Lima. If you would like I could get her doctors info for you, PM me.
Integrity Tourism & Transportation
ENTEL 985 059 944
RPM #949 811 404
USA Direct Line (585) 861-3106
http://www.integritytourism.com
anuta

Postby anuta » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:44 pm

SFGirl wrote:I am due in June and need to get info on having my baby in Lima. I will spend whatever it takes to have a great experience. I just need to feel taken care of and that the doctors know what they are doing. I know that I need a cesarian.
Also, any advice on flying or taking a bus or collectivo super pregnant?
please email my at [email protected] if you have advice or experience. thanks!

If you are not limited by the money and need a C-section, I was recommended clinica Montesur by a few expat women. My ex-sister-in-law, who's very demanding had good experience in clinica San Isabel in San Isidro (3 c-sections).

I wouldn't call Ricardo Palma one of the best clinics, we didn't have a good experience there (it wasn't for a birth, but it was related to baby care).
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
A. Einstein
bmike1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bmike1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:49 pm

comment withdrawn.
Last edited by bmike1 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:-)~mike~(-:
anuta

Postby anuta » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:53 pm

bmike1 wrote:everybody needs a cessarian.... right? It sure seems that way!

what do you mean everybody needs it ? Normally it's about 30% of women and it's considered high.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

A. Einstein
Remigius
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Remigius » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:44 pm

anuta wrote:
bmike1 wrote:everybody needs a cessarian.... right? It sure seems that way!

what do you mean everybody needs it ? Normally it's about 30% of women and it's considered high.

Yeah, last time I saw some figures it was over 33%, It's way too high and in most cases unnecessary, thus risky. Back to the question of the OP: my wife gave birth in Clinica San Borja without any problems. Whatever it takes, try to find out if you can give birth the natural way. Not only will you recover within 48 hours, it's less risky and you won't have the chance on a bad reaction to the anaesthesia. My wife had horrible headaches because of that.
roddd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby roddd » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:32 pm

my wife was told she needed to have a caesarian because the baby's cord was round his neck i asked for a second opinion from another doctor who showed me on a scan that he was all right and he was born the normal way, i had heard before that the doctors in Peru like you to have a caesarian due to the money involved don't know if that is right or not
Remigius
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Remigius » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:40 pm

roddd wrote:my wife was told she needed to have a caesarian because the baby's cord was round his neck i asked for a second opinion from another doctor who showed me on a scan that he was all right and he was born the normal way, i had heard before that the doctors in Peru like you to have a caesarian due to the money involved don't know if that is right or not

My wife was told exactly the same with out first child. Doctors in Peru work for clinics and c-sections are more profitable for clinics, because with natural birth you could be out in 48 hours without all the extra care needed with a c-section.
seb2010
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby seb2010 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:44 am

If you want a natural birth, then the important thing is to find a doctor who is pro natural births. Mine is and he's located in Montesur. If this is what you want, then you must make your wishes clear from the very beginning. If it doesn't matter to you, then chances are you'll probably end up with a c-section. I've known about 20 women to give birth in the last 1.5 years. All but 3 have been c-sections. 14 were in Montesur and were c-sections, 1 there was natural, 1 was in Santa Isabel (natural, but the mother was pushy about this), 1 was in Clinica Americana (natural), and I can't remember where the other one was...but it was also natural.

The best clinic is Montesur both for the mother and the baby. Ask any doctor located in any clinic and they will tell you this. Other clinics are great too, but if you want the best, it's Montesur.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register