Moving in 12 days, advice wanted!

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
doublek278

Moving in 12 days, advice wanted!

Postby doublek278 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Hey all!

I am moving to Peru for at least a year on May 9. In this process of packing (and graduating college) I am looking for all advice offered! I will be traveling for three weeks with a class and then heading off on my own to Talara.

Anything you didn't think to bring to Peru and wish you had?

Any advice is welcome! I have spent a lot of time in Central America and a bit in South America, but have actually never visited Peru. I'm happy to hear from anyone!

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Moving in 12 days, advice wanted!

Postby Alan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi there,

Sounds like an exciting trip. Why Talara?

Regarding your questions, spend some time with the search bar, and cruising some of the older posts. Tons of useful info given there.
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Talara has water shortages all the time, so I'd suggest you bring lots of water (joking about bringing it but they don't have a lot of potable water). Also, they don't have movie theaters, mall (I don't recall one there), and stuff that isn't made in Talara is pretty expensive: ie, razors, vitamins, medicines(ibuprofen), etc. My girlfriend's family is from Talara. Really my biggest complaint in the short amount of time I spent there was the amount of dust that is everywhere.

On the upside, you are close to the beach, life is relaxed, the cebiche is to die for, and the girls are cute (if you like girls that is). Enjoy your time there!
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:41 am

If you like surfing, in Lobitos - Talara is a great place for this..

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register