Hardest Time

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
sanbartoloian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hardest Time

Postby sanbartoloian » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:07 am

This is the hardest time for me in Peru because it's time to leave until next year. I have read about escaping to Peru and it makes me furious. Peru is not such a thing. My love affair with Peru is not about escape. It is about being. Reading the question how to entertain guests the other day made me think of the answer of asking guest to sit down and look around. Sit by the ocean, go into the mountains, see Quelap, or Caral, or drive to Paracas. Sit at Haiti for a coffee and listen to the synphony of horns and watch the gestures. Loving Peru is not simply being in a place it is being Peruvian, struggling to be understood but always being understood. It is about enjoying the hospitality of hundreds or by now maybe thousands of people. My friends here are family and somehow I know when I touched the ground this is where I belong.

I will go home and take off the charger off the Harley, and I will enjoy every amenity that is the United States. I will enjoy and travel all over the US and I will as always be proud to be an American, but I know now I am proud to be both a North and South American. That does not come from some governmental paper you have to stand and line for and is stamped by somone who does not even know you. I will also be waiting for November to come to my other home.

mammalu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Hardest Time

Postby mammalu » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:10 am

Very nicely said, as it comes from the heart. Have a nice and safe trip!
Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong." ! Abraham Lincoln
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Sanbartolonian,

I appreciate a lot your words. That is the reason why you have great friends here in Peru..
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:53 pm

We'll be missing you here in Peru, too. Remember, just because you aren't here doesn't mean you can't keep in touch here on the forum. :)

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register