Kentucky Derby

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
sanbartoloian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kentucky Derby

Postby sanbartoloian » Fri May 06, 2011 11:52 am

The Kentucky Derby is tomorrow and I made it back two days ago and will be able to celebrate. Hunter S Thompson said that you could tell a Kentucky Colonel by the vomit of his white pantent leather shoes. The infield will be packed and the stands full and parties everywhere.

I suggest as good expats you do a Derby Party too. 19 horses in the line up.

adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Kentucky Derby

Postby adrian Thorne » Sat May 07, 2011 7:42 am

Great idea. I started organising it. Booked the arena, put up bunting, got the beers and ice cream in, but darn it(good old American phrase) somebody stole the horses. I only turned my back for one minute and they vanished. There was a policeman in a posh uniform and MC90 standing guard. Perhaps we can try again next year.
sanbartoloian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sanbartoloian » Sat May 07, 2011 9:13 am

adrian Thorne wrote:Great idea. I started organising it. Booked the arena, put up bunting, got the beers and ice cream in, but darn it(good old American phrase) somebody stole the horses. I only turned my back for one minute and they vanished. There was a policeman in a posh uniform and MC90 standing guard. Perhaps we can try again next year.

I have found the last thing you need are horses... it requires alcohol and a TV helps. I am not sure how it is in Peru but here in the US they post odds for every race today and you can be via pc. This allows one to get both drunk and broke thru the day.

I have to admit Calvin Borel made 700 dollars for me a few years ago but my horse betting is like my golf. I hit good shots enough to keep me coming back but can't figure how the hell I did it.
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Sat May 07, 2011 10:37 am

sanbartoloian wrote:
adrian Thorne wrote:Great idea. I started organising it. Booked the arena, put up bunting, got the beers and ice cream in, but darn it(good old American phrase) somebody stole the horses. I only turned my back for one minute and they vanished. There was a policeman in a posh uniform and MC90 standing guard. Perhaps we can try again next year.

I have found the last thing you need are horses... it requires alcohol and a TV helps. I am not sure how it is in Peru but here in the US they post odds for every race today and you can be via pc. This allows one to get both drunk and broke thru the day.

I have to admit Calvin Borel made 700 dollars for me a few years ago but my horse betting is like my golf. I hit good shots enough to keep me coming back but can't figure how the hell I did it.

You'r on. See you down the bar in thirty minutes. Oh sorry we don't have any bars outside Miraflores, other than the beach and I think they are closing for the winter. I will have to keep a cold one in the fridge for you when you get back home here in Peru.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register