should you register kindle in peru or not?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
mulcahen
Gold Member
Gold Member

should you register kindle in peru or not?

Postby mulcahen » Tue May 10, 2011 11:09 am

is there any disadvantages to registering one in Peru, ( even if you spend all your time here) or should you register it U$?Thanks

sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: should you register kindle in peru or not?

Postby sbaustin » Tue May 10, 2011 11:15 am

mulcahen wrote:is there any disadvantages to registering one in Peru, ( even if you spend all your time here) or should you register it U$?Thanks

In general I'd suggest you register it in the USA if you can. Sometimes media is restricted (not sure about Kindle) for outside USA such as for music and many websites. Please note that if your kindle supports "whispernet" without WIFI (via cell network), you will be charged $2 more for each purchase you make on the kindle.
euroman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby euroman » Tue May 10, 2011 3:53 pm

mulcahen wrote:is there any disadvantages to registering one in Peru, ( even if you spend all your time here) or should you register it U$?Thanks

Who is kindle?
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Tue May 10, 2011 3:54 pm

euroman wrote:

Who is kindle?

It is common used to light fires.
MartitaAQP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MartitaAQP » Tue May 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Mine is registered to the US. I have international 3g whispernet and use it all the time to download books and mags and have never been charged for downloads. I think they phased that out extra charges quietly or just don't apply it in Peru at least. If you register it to Peru you will have some content limited.

Martha
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Tue May 10, 2011 6:48 pm

MartitaAQP wrote:Mine is registered to the US. I have international 3g whispernet and use it all the time to download books and mags and have never been charged for downloads. I think they phased that out extra charges quietly or just don't apply it in Peru at least. If you register it to Peru you will have some content limited.

Martha

Martha, I definitely stand corrected by you. Sorry about any confusion. I used to be charged extra as I've mentioned in other posts but today I emailed Amazon and got this response which confirms what you've been saying:

Your wireless Whispernet connection is free and included with your Kindle purchase. There's no wireless set-up, no confusing service plans, no contracts or commitments, and no monthly wireless bills.

Fees apply if you receive regularly scheduled issues of your newspaper, magazine, and blog subscriptions wirelessly if you're a U.S. customer traveling outside the United States.

There is no fee for receiving books or single issues of periodicals wirelessly. Browsing the Kindle Store and using Kindle's web browser are also free.

Shopping and downloading from the Kindle Store is free. So is accessing your Archived Items on Amazon.com and Kindle's Basic Web that allows you to browse and search on the Internet.

Some extra services, such as conversion and wireless delivery of personal documents, carry a charge of $0.15 per megabyte of content you submit for conversion.
roddd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby roddd » Wed May 11, 2011 11:57 am

sbaustin wrote:
euroman wrote:

Who is kindle?

:) :) :) :) :)
sanbartoloian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sanbartoloian » Wed May 11, 2011 2:16 pm

roddd wrote:
sbaustin wrote:
euroman wrote:

Who is kindle?

:) :) :) :) :)

Kindle is the stick they use in the cape before the sword in bullfights. Once using it, it is called Kendling and this is when it is ok to burn.
mulcahen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mulcahen » Thu May 12, 2011 12:37 pm

thanks for the good advice and humour!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register