Howdy, I could use your experience and brain power on this one.
Married to a Peruvian (my wife), we've been idling in Lima since last May waiting for her US residency visas to process. After a long year of waiting and paper pushing we're finally ready to go.
We've got a flight on Sunday the 19th.
Here's the catch: last year I applied for my Peruvian residency. At the start of this year I didn't pay annual fee. Now it's about $20 for the fee + a $40 fine.
I'm going to be abandoning my Peruvian residency one way or another, but would like to know if it's advisable to A) go through the process with DIGEMIN to pay my fee+fine plus all the notarized crap and processing + fee of canceling my CE (as seen in the thread here -- http://expatperu.com/expatforums/viewto ... f=1&t=4625
)... or B) to leave the country with my CE intact and the fee unpaid.
As I've never left Peru as a resident before I'm totally unfamiliar with the process.
* Will they deny me exit if I haven't paid my annual fee?
* I haven't worked. Do I need to present form 1495 at the airport? (http://orientacion.sunat.gob.pe/images/ ... rm1495.pdf