Euroman

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Jennifer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Euroman

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:43 pm

Perhaps not relevant, but I miss Euroman. His comments were not always 100% on topic and were often quite funny but since his departure, the forum is missing some pazzaz, some uumf, some life.

I say come back / bring back Euroman!

What happened to him? Maybe that missing wife got the better of him...

americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Euroman

Postby americorps » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Kelly has already mentioned that he is no longer going to be posting here in the thread and any comments about it should be directed to her through PM.
Ruud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Ruud » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 pm

I didn't know Euroman is banned. Why is that?
americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby americorps » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Ruud wrote:I didn't know Euroman is banned. Why is that?

i repeat

Kelly has already mentioned that he is no longer going to be posting here in the thread and any comments about it should be directed to her through PM.
mahou123
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mahou123 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:48 am

americorps wrote:

i repeat

People here can work out where to direct comments and what to discuss without your directions Americorps. :wink:

I also find it odd that Euroman's account was deleted after few hundred posts over last couple of years. I, for instance, got a useful advice from him about places to visit in Tarapoto. In fact, this was the only useful advice about Tarapoto I've got before going there last year. I'd rather prefer him to continue posting, and people who are sense of humour-challenged or unable to understand occasional sarcasm (never rude to anybody, by the way) are not really forced to read his posts.
JanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby JanD » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:34 am

Couldn't it be because he impersonated this young muslim woman looking for (only) female companion to pray, go shopping, etc.?
I'm not sure, but when this would be the reason it is to my opinion "a bit overdone".

To me this was a funny way to provoke all kind of reactions (in fact I also fell for it, although with some suspicion, because it looked a little bit to much).

So when that's the reason I would be in favour to lift the ban.....

PS
And Americorps: can you tell me/us why anyone should abstain from mentioning anything about this case on this public forum, but instead PM to Kelly?
Jennifer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:18 am

I miss regular mentions of ''come to Tarapoto: swaying palm trees, a perfect climate, beautiful waterfalls...'' and all that makes Tarapoto, Tarapoto - including him.

I, as others have mentioned, also found his posts more useful and not insulting/offensive at all, and think that the forum is missing somebody very special and a big character that many of us had become accustomed to and quite enjoyed reading his regular posts and comments and the very wide and varied array of topics he'd write about, often initiating topics, which provided discussion which had useful information about Peru and, more often than not, his paradisical living. But all the same, they were enjoyable to read and added something different and unique to this forum which has recently lacked that special ''something''.

All in all, we miss him and I think he should be allowed to return (if he would like to) and continue posting, while keeping things on topic.
americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby americorps » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:08 am

mahou123 wrote:
americorps wrote:

i repeat

People here can work out where to direct comments and what to discuss without your directions Americorps. :wink:

I also find it odd that Euroman's account was deleted after few hundred posts over last couple of years. I, for instance, got a useful advice from him about places to visit in Tarapoto. In fact, this was the only useful advice about Tarapoto I've got before going there last year. I'd rather prefer him to continue posting, and people who are sense of humour-challenged or unable to understand occasional sarcasm (never rude to anybody, by the way) are not really forced to read his posts.

those are not my rules or requests, but I was just repeating Kelly's based on the rules of the site owner. I thought we should respect that, but if you disagree, it is your choice not to respect the moderator or the rules of the site.
goingnowherefast

Postby goingnowherefast » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:39 pm

I read his posts for a while. Got the feeling he was the slick type trying to squeeze his way into someone's pockets. Compulsive lying, ads for attentions, impersonation - just a matter of time before he took someone's cash, which I am assuming he already did, or did something similar.
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Americorps is correct in saying that we do ask that any questions about moderation be done via PM.

* Please - Respect the moderator and his/her decisions. If you should disagree with a decision made by a moderator, please take it to PM with the appropriate moderator. If you can't reach an agreement with the moderator or if you don't feel comfortable discussing it with them, you are always welcome to speak with the forum owner.

Reasons for banning or deleting a user's account aren't typically discussed in open forum, unless the need to know outweighs respect for the user's privacy. Additionally, banning or deleting accounts isn't a measure that is made lightly.

I'm going to close this post, because I believe it to be inappropriate to have comments made about a former user who is no longer here to speak up for himself.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register