British and Married?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Jennifer
Gold Member
Gold Member

British and Married?

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:42 pm

There must be some recently married Brits here on this forum.
If you are a Brit and married in the lst year or two, we need some help and guidance on the whole process of getting hitched! Please pm me or write to [email protected]
We have lots of questions and need some clear cut, accurate advice on the whole process from start to finish.
Many thanks in advance.
Jen

eve81
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: British and Married?

Postby eve81 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:49 am

hi there,

I just married my peruvian husband in peru in december, quite an ordeal! but managed it, and yesterday hesuccessfully got his settlement visa to come to the UK, i havent seen him for 6 months, but finally it has been worth it and i will get to see him in less than two weeks.

I had such a tough time with it myself, and know that its not easy now, so will be happy to offer any help if you need it, let me know and i any questions you have, if you want my help e-mail me at [email protected]

good luck
Cheetara

Re: British and Married?

Postby Cheetara » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:56 pm

I got married to my Peruvian husband in April. I wanted to get married in the Uk. As our plan is to eventually live in Peru he was able to come over here on a fiance visa. The fiance visa is pretty straight forward to get - you bascially just need the same documents that you need for a tourist visa to the UK , although i also included a letter from the registrar. Once you get the fiance visa its possible to stay in the uk for up to 6 months. If you plan to live in the UK you will need to apply for a mariage visa. I don't know what's needed for this process.... it sounds really complicated from what I've heard from friends.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register