Lomas de Lachay

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
tea11

Lomas de Lachay

Postby tea11 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:52 am

Hi everyone!
Since I now live in Lima I'm looking for some nice one-day trips around. I've seen that the Lomas de Lachay is a beautiful place to go in winter, when everything is wet and green. Does anybody have an idea of how to get there, or if there is some agency organizing tours there?

Thanks!

h2olilly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Lomas de Lachay

Postby h2olilly » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Lomas de lachay is a nice day out, I don`t think you can get there by public transport, but the little booth in parque kennedy where you buy the tickets for mirabus, has leaflets with details of day tours, they normally offer a trip to lomas de lachay every month or so.
tea11

Postby tea11 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:11 am

Ok, so it's true that you cannot go there with public transport (or at least, not easily), so we booked a tour with Sierra Verde Peru. It cost us S/.75 per person and includes the Lomas de Lachay and the Castillo de Chancay, with everything except the lunch. We were quite happy with it except that compared to the Lomas, the castle is not worth it. I would have preferred to spend more time in the Lomas (although we did spend 2 hours and a half there). I think now is one of the best time to go see them, since it's all green and foggy, and apparently everything blossoms in August.
All in all I really recommend going there on a week end, to get a bit of fresh air outside of Lima.
onetakenatep

Postby onetakenatep » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Hi all... just wondering if anyone has been to Lachay recently?

I'm guessing right now in the middle of winter is the best time to go? More garua/moisture means that the plant life there is more lush?

Cheers!
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:41 pm

onetakenatep wrote:Hi all... just wondering if anyone has been to Lachay recently?

I'm guessing right now in the middle of winter is the best time to go? More garua/moisture means that the plant life there is more lush?

Cheers!

Yup.. June to October. The park is open from 8am to 5pm and entrance costs 10 soles.
onetakenatep

Postby onetakenatep » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:33 pm

Alan wrote:
onetakenatep wrote:Hi all... just wondering if anyone has been to Lachay recently?

Cheers!

Yup.. June to October. The park is open from 8am to 5pm and entrance costs 10 soles.

Cool, gracias Alan!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register