Real Men's Barber

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
limberjim007

Real Men's Barber

Postby limberjim007 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Where is their a real men's barber shop in miraflores?

americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Real Men's Barber

Postby americorps » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:48 pm

since there are so many, you are clearly looking for something specific. What do you mean by REAL MENS?
craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby craig » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:46 am

I have never been able to find one in Miraflores. But I think I have seen one on Espinar just before Ovalo Gutierrez. Technically that is Miraflores, perhaps.
--
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. -- Thomas Jefferson
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:44 am

I think it's a real "men's barbershop" he's looking for, not a barbershop for "real men".

I don't know of one in Miraflores, but there is a fantastic men's barbershop on Av. Panama at the corner of Angamos, just across from the Maestro (Ace) Home Center. It's next to a chifa and a parrillada place. My advice is to ask for the guy with the mustache - everyone there is good, but he is a master. And a haircut is only 6 soles.
rama0929
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rama0929 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 am

Kelly wrote:I think it's a real "men's barbershop" he's looking for, not a barbershop for "real men".

May be a niche market that needs exploiting... :lol:
MarcoPE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MarcoPE » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:18 am

Actually I have seen quite a few around but the only one I can think of right now is (and I know you were looking for Miraflores, but if you can hop on over to San Isidro) one located at the Municipalidad de San Isidro, Av Republica de Columbia 717, directly behind Metro. I think they may even have one of those old style barber shop posts.
renodante
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby renodante » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 pm

limberjim007

Postby limberjim007 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 pm

I want to find a place that only cuts guys hair and maybe get a shave.

All the places I have been to are for women and generally give bad hair cuts.
Omikron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Omikron » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:03 pm

From an old post I replied to here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12130&p=70508

I get my haircut for 10 soles near downtown Miraflores, calle Grau block 2 & Berlin (between Berlin's 4th & 5th block ). It is not a fancy place but an old barbershop like from the 60s. I do not care about the building, it's a great price for this area. There is only 1 barber though, the owner, so it might take a while for a haircut.
vida.en.peru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vida.en.peru » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:50 pm

I know this is outdated but my husband is a barber at A&S barbershop in Miraflores. We are from the US, NY. I'll attach a pic of his flyer, in case anyone is still interested. He uses all the same clippers & shapers that they use in US. Nobody has access to buy them here. All the shops here use a clipper with only one number or just scissors (which ends up taking forever). If you want a REAL cut for men like from the states, give him a try. His name is Jason. You won't be disappointed. He has a page on Facebook, A-s Barbershop, if you want to check it out. You're welcome to all you guys who've been searching all over for a real barber.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 4564_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 7806_n.jpg
seb2010
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby seb2010 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:35 am

limberjim007 wrote:Where is their a real men's barber shop in miraflores?

try this place: http://smikspa.com/ it's on aramburu. it's a men's only club. it may be a little metrosexual, but it's a nice place and surely you'll find exactly what you're looking for....
vida.en.peru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vida.en.peru » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:25 am

It does look pretty metrosexual. Not that there is anything wrong with that if you like that sort of stuff...guess it depends on what a guy is looking for...simple or fancy. Personally, I wouldn't mind going to a place just like that for women. Looks really relaxing!
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:25 pm

seb2010 wrote:
limberjim007 wrote:Where is their a real men's barber shop in miraflores?

try this place: http://smikspa.com/ it's on aramburu. it's a men's only club. it may be a little metrosexual, but it's a nice place and surely you'll find exactly what you're looking for....

Don't ya love it when they do not list prices on the web site. I guess it must be one of those places that if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it :D
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Omikron wrote:I get my haircut for 10 soles near downtown Miraflores, calle Grau block 2 & Berlin (between Berlin's 4th & 5th block ). It is not a fancy place but an old barbershop like from the 60s. I do not care about the building, it's a great price for this area. There is only 1 barber though, the owner, so it might take a while for a haircut.

Those old fashioned barbershops are cool.

In Tarapoto, we have many of them and their prices are democratic.
They generally charge between 2 and 4 soles for a haircut.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register