Reputable International Moving Company

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Guzman4
Silver Member
Silver Member

Reputable International Moving Company

Postby Guzman4 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:09 am

Hi Everyone! If anyone has had a great experience with an international moving company, please let me know! We are moving soon, most of the bigger items will go into storage temporarily. When we are ready to ship we plan on getting a 20 foot container. We have had quotes ranging from around $4500 to $8000. Many companies seem to be out of New York and most have BBB complaints...Help! Thank you!!

Michelle95

Re: Reputable International Moving Company

Postby Michelle95 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:25 pm

We just moved from Washington, DC, and I contacted a few of the international movers listed on movingscam.com I ended up working with Bayshore Allied (about $5000 for two crates), and also had reasonable estimates from Suddath International and Stevens International. The quote you're getting is pretty much in line with what we were getting, although I think the highest estimate we had for a 20' container was closer to the $6000 range than $8000.
Guzman4
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Guzman4 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi there! How did thing work out with Bayshore Allied? Did your items get there in 4 weeks, or did it take much longer? Did you have any problems with customs when your things arrived? Thanks for the information!
Diane
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Hello. Try Isabel and REYCON SAC here in Lima. She may be able to help you.

[email protected]

Let us know how you get on with whoever you chose.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register