Claddagh ring

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
sarita
Gold Member
Gold Member

Claddagh ring

Postby sarita » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Has anyone seen a where they sell Claddagh rings in lima? im looking to buy one for a friend but i havent come across one :(

gerard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Claddagh ring

Postby gerard » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:59 pm

A lot of the jewelry shops will custom make you something if you can show them a design. We had a custom ring made in silver for my mother by giving the shop an old costume jewelry ring that she liked the design of. Took them about 3 days and we just paid the weight in silver.
mateo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mateo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:22 pm

i dont have a particular store in mind.

but in miraflores between republica and larco, north of schell and south of palma...there are a ton of jewelry stores.

hope it helps.
Omikron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Omikron » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Buy one on E-bay and have it shipped to Peru.
For $10-$15 including international shipping (yeah I sorted the results by Low Price+ shipping), does not worth the hassle in having it custom made unless you really want one made out of gold with fancy jewelry.
sarita
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sarita » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:45 pm

gerard wrote:A lot of the jewelry shops will custom make you something if you can show them a design. We had a custom ring made in silver for my mother by giving the shop an old costume jewelry ring that she liked the design of. Took them about 3 days and we just paid the weight in silver.

how much did it cost you? im not looking for anything superrr expensive. they arnt that expensive in the US so i cant imagine here they would be either.
gerard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gerard » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:16 am

It's a few years back so I can't remember how much we spent, but it wouldn't have been more than 50 Soles for .975 silver - probably more like 30 Soles. The price of silver has more or less doubled in the last couple of years though.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register