Saint Patrick´s Week Celebration

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
IrishPeru

Saint Patrick´s Week Celebration

Postby IrishPeru » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:01 pm

I am having trouble posting the poster, so I will direct you to the website.

www.irishperu.com

The Irish Consulate in Lima is presenting a great week if Irish culture, tradition and celebration in Lima.

On Thursday, March 15 you can enjoy the grand opening of the new Irish Consulate in Lima

On Friday, March 16, dance the night away with the Shamrock Ball, featuring a full orchestra, an Irish band, an international buffet, fireworks and so much more at the Cricket Club

On Saturday, March 17, Celebrate the National Day of Ireland, St. Patrick's day with a good country Picnic, also at the Cricket Club.

More details forthcoming, but mark your calendars now.

Throughout the events, enjoy a cold Guinness, Irish Whiskey or Bailey's Irish Cream, taste authentic Irish foods, listen to Celtic Harp and traditional Irish music, learn how to dance a proper Jig and join in the fun.

Everyone is invited.

IrishPeru

Re: Saint Patrick´s Week Celebration

Postby IrishPeru » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:12 am

We are currently looking for volunteers to help with the event. If interested in knowing more, please email

[email protected]

Also:

Sponsorship opportunities available

Commercial booths available at the picnic

Community tables (for NGO's, churches, community groups, clubs) are also available.

Beneficiaries of the event include Help Them HOPE and other social service organizations.
jcn7vc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jcn7vc » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:57 pm

IrishPeru wrote:Throughout the events, enjoy a cold Guinness, Irish Whiskey or Bailey's Irish Cream, taste authentic Irish foods, ...

Mmmm, corned-beef and cabbage. :P Nom, nom, nom.

St. Patrick, being the patron saint of engineers, is celebrated pretty heavily by me. Unfortunately, I think I will teach them how to make green beer and Irish car bombs in Huaraz.
-Joe

"A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation." -Mark Twain

http://www.flickr.com/jcn7vc
renodante
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby renodante » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:04 pm

awesome, this irishman thanks you
IrishPeru

Postby IrishPeru » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:52 pm

I am so glad to see excitement.

We will have corned beef and cabbage, though that is a bit more of a US St. Patty´s Day tradition than an Irish one.

Colcannon, Cabbage and Bacon and of course, Irish Stew will be on hand along with some other treats.

Black and white puddings as well for the daring.

I suggest making reservations for the dinner soon as space is limited and tables are already selling.

Just contact the email or the phone number in the poster.

www.irishperu.com
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:48 pm

IrishPeru wrote:On Thursday, March 15 you can enjoy the grand opening of the new Irish Consulate in Lima

On Friday, March 16, dance the night away with the Shamrock Ball, featuring a full orchestra, an Irish band, an international buffet, fireworks and so much more at the Cricket Club

On Saturday, March 17, Celebrate the National Day of Ireland, St. Patrick's day with a good country Picnic, also at the Cricket Club.

I hope you´ll have a lot of ´´craic´´.

Slàinte.
rgbjr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rgbjr » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:34 am

Hi can you please tell me what day and where they are having the corn-beef and cabbage. It is my favorite food.
Thank you
Bobby :D
rgbjr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rgbjr » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:11 am

I know everyone is busy
But I only requested simple information on what day and where they are going to have the corned beef and cabbage and black pudding. PLEASE answer me if you can its been a LONG time since I had corned beef.
THANK YOU
Bobby :D
IrishPeru

Postby IrishPeru » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:37 am

Bobby,

I am so glad you wrote again. For some reason I missed it the first time and did not get an email for your PM. Please forgive the oversight, we had no intention to ignore you.

Corned beef and cabbage, and blood pudding will be served at the Shamrock Ball on Friday, March 16th at the Cricket Club.

The Ball schedule is as follows:

6:30-8pm Registration and reception. Lite bites, open Irish bar, silent auction preview and Celtic Harp
8-9:15pm, International buffet dinner with Irish &Peruvian fare, opening presentation & special dessert
9:15-12pm Dancing with Pat Reid and his orchestra, jazz, big band, ballroom, Sinatra and many classics
12 Midnight, A special fireworks show
12:15-2am live Irish music in the calaigh fashion

General admission tickets are $60, VIP tables of ten are $1,000
Open Irish bar with Guinness, Jameson Whiskey, Bailey's Irish Cream, wine, pisco, soft drinks, fruit juice and water.

For more information, please visit our website.

Our website will be updated with a ticket reservation system in the next couple of days.

www.irishperu.com
IrishPeru

Postby IrishPeru » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:43 am

For any questions or for more information email us

[email protected]

Thank you.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register