English speaking toddler group

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
juliawedel

English speaking toddler group

Postby juliawedel » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Hello,
I am the mother of a two year old, and am looking for an English speaking toddler group. If anyone knows of one, ideally in the vicinity of Miraflores, I'd be very happy to hear about it.
Many thanks,
Julia

lauri

Re: English speaking toddler group

Postby lauri » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi!
I am also looking for a toddler group. I have a 16-month old daughter and I live in San Isidro.

If anyone knows of a toddler group, please let us know.

Thanks!
Laura
vivaperu

Postby vivaperu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:18 pm

Julia/Laura, i may be moving to lima from the states in a few months. i have two toddlers and would be interested in meeting up. do you mind if i ask you a few questions about the area, childcare, etc? if so, i'll give you my email and we can speak offline. also, i will be there in mid-march for a visit - sin ninas. ~Neel
juliawedel

Postby juliawedel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi both,
Laura, let's see if there are any other replies, if not why don't we just meet up and create a group?
Neel, feel free to let us have your email to chat offline.
Best,
Julia
vivaperu

Postby vivaperu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:30 am

it's [email protected].

hope to hear from both of you.
seb2010
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby seb2010 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Hello, i'm a mother of a 10month old....maybe she's a little too young to properly play and of course speak, but we would love to be involved!! I would be thrilled to be added. Will send my email to your expatperu inbox.
lisd

Postby lisd » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi ladies!
There is currently an Expat group(pretty good in size!) here, in Miraflores. We have kids from under a year to 6 years in range. It's a great group of gals, and kiddos! :)

Would love to get you connected! If you'd like more info., pls drop me an email, and I'll fwd it on to the leaders of our group, which will send you weekly schedules.

My best, and hope this will be helpful to you and yours! :)

lis~
ChioRoff

Postby ChioRoff » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:26 pm

I have a 3 years old boy.We will love join to the group.Please, keep me in contact.We live in Surco.
johannita

Postby johannita » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Hello, i am also looking for a toodler group for my 10 month old son. I am German/Peruvian. I would be happy to be part of the group! :D
saludos
detrigoso

Postby detrigoso » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

didnt mean to double post...
Last edited by detrigoso on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
detrigoso

Postby detrigoso » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:23 am

Hello All,

I too would love to get involved in an English speaking play group. I have 2, 10 month old twin boys, and a 4.5 year old daughter.

please contact me at [email protected]. next time you plan to meet. We live in San Isidro and we are glad to go to Miraflores as well!

Cheers,
Juliana
lauri

Postby lauri » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi everyone,
Would anyone be interested in meeting up with our kids at Parque Castilla (located in Lince), on Friday morning? If so, you can drop me a line.
Cheers,
Laura
vida.en.peru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vida.en.peru » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:09 am

Hi ladies, my name is Debbie & I'd also love to be involved. I have a 3 yr old little girl who is dying to play with kids who understand her. We recently moved here so her & understands very little Spanish. We live in Surco currently. My email is [email protected] is anyone wants to set something up :D
Caddy

Postby Caddy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm also looking for a toddler group for my 2 year old son, would be great to hear of any meetings.

Thanks
Amelia
Suncha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Suncha » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:02 pm

I emailed lisd, I'm also looking to find a mama/kiddo group close to miraflores. I have a 8yo, 4 yo and 17mo.
Suncha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Suncha » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Anyone want to just pick a spot and meet their? Parque Reducto has a great bioferia on Saturdays and a play area for a small fee for 2 hrs starting around 11am. They also have a music circle that starts about 10:30- 11 ish too and it's free.
KiwiNE

Postby KiwiNE » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Hello ladies, I would like to know if you are getting together because I had my first child about 4 months ago. It looks like its going to be a lot of fun and a very interesting group. Hope to hear from you soon!

Kiwi from Nebraska
Jormane

Postby Jormane » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Alrighty, let's get this going! I live close to Kennedy Park...I can meet there most afternoons at the playground after 1:30 pm for a toddler play group...although, who are we kidding? These toddler play groups are more for our own sanity than for our kids'! I also would love to meet new English-speaking friends...my Spanish is great, but there are just some emotions and experiences that only fellow expats understand!

Who's in? PM me and we'll meet up at the park! :)

Jordanna originally from California (18 years), 10 years in Utah, 2 1/2 years in Mexico, 2 years in Florida and currently 3 months and counting in Peru.
KiwiRach

Postby KiwiRach » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:36 am

Hi ladies!
We're moving to Lima in 3 weeks with our two boys 3 & 6 years old.would be great to meet up with some other mums. We will be in Miraflores also.
Cheers
Rachael
debbieinlima

Postby debbieinlima » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi there! Is this group still going? I have a 5mnth old little boy and would love to meet other mums in the Miraflores area. Parque Kennedy is close to me, so ideal! Please let me know if you are still meeting up or if anybody would like to start a new group?

Thanks!
nube

Postby nube » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:44 am

Hello. Was happy to find this post and am hoping that there are still people out there wanting to meet up. My poor daughter really needs some little friends and I'd like to meet some too
nube

Postby nube » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:51 am

Not sure what happened to my post but wanted to know if you were still meeting up. Please let me know asap
locho

Postby locho » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi, does this group still meet up? I have a two month old and would love to meet other moms around Surco/Miraflores.
nube

Postby nube » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:50 am

Hi Locha
I've never managed to get much response here but am still up for trying to organize something. I've discovered a great place near my place in monterrico to meet with lovely toys and coffee if you'd like to try it?
adin

Postby adin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Hello Ladies!!!
I am from Lima-Peru, I got married with a wonderful american citizen from Peoria (IL),we used to live in Urbana(IL). We recently moved to Lima and I am looking for a play group for my two boys...they are not toddler anymore :( Joaquin is 8 years old and Adain is 6 years old, both are bilingual. At this time of our life I am really inte9resting in keep our english alive and the american culture in order to motivate more our boys(now I am doing the opposite what I used to do in USA)

well ladies, in case you are interesting to share future moments together...please contact me
[email protected]
473-0727
Facebook. Ada Lucia Stamper.

M
Thank you very much!!!
See you son!
Ada

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register