Looking for full-time maid

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
jvimage
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looking for full-time maid

Postby jvimage » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:19 am

Hi,

We are looking for a full-time maid for cooking, cleaning, laundry and dog walking. Must be honest, neat, willing to learn new ways of cooking (vegetarian/raw) aside from criollo food, and not afraid of keeping company with a big friendly Labrador.

We are a family of 2 adults, a civilized 13 year old boy, and our 4 year old Lab, and live in a mid-size apartment near Malecon de La Reserva, in Miraflores.

We are kind generous people, but don’t respond well to cheats and crooks.

Any leads are greatly appreciated.

be as you are
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Looking for full-time maid

Postby chi chi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Place and add in the local papers in the provinces. Many girls from small villages in the provinces are interested in a housekeeping job in Lima. They are honest and prepared to work hard so they can send money to their family back home.

Many girls from the provinces also register with employment agencies when they arrive in Lima.

When I had my lavanderia in Lima, I found some employees via the following agency. Girls that just arrived are often sitting in the agency and you can interview them on the spot.

http://www.amarillasinternet.com/pe/lim ... pleos.html
jvimage
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Looking for full-time maid

Postby jvimage » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:54 am

Thanks,

We went with a flat fee-for service agency called, Asiste Luciana, in San Borja. We interviewed 3 candidates and decided on a 36 year old woman named Hilda.

The agency provides a file on each person that includes; current police background and health certificate, work references, copy of DNI, sworn statement, and a personal profile page higlighting various related skills. They also guarantee their placement and offer up to 3 months to choose another maid if things don't work-out.

Hilda has been with us for 2 weeks. So far so good.
be as you are

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register