Reporting Posts

Answers to your qestions about moving to and living in Peru,

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

Kelly

Reporting Posts

Postby Kelly » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Perhaps not everyone is aware, but there is a very good method of reporting posts on this forum. If you look just above each post in a thread, there is an "!" button - click on that any you can report any thread that you feel is inappropriate or perhaps of a trollish nature.

No one can see that you've reported the post except for a member of the moderation Team (basically, me or Alan, except in the Travel Forum).

Trolls are like dogs begging at the table - if they keep getting scraps thrown to them, they'll keep coming back. If no one gives them the attention they seek, they will eventually look for greener pastures. It's obvious how one or two trolls can disrupt an entire forum - and it takes the assistance of the entire forum to solve the problem.

By reporting posts instead of responding, the trolls don't get attention, and posts can be dealt with appropriately.

Thanks very much for your help.

Kelly

Re: Reporting Posts

Postby Kelly » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:56 am

Another thing that people can do here in the forum is block people who bother them. If you click on the "User Control Panel", then on the tab marked "Friends and Foes", you can enter the names of anyone whose posts you would rather not see - make sure that you enter it as a "Foe", not a friend!

And don't bother adding me as a foe, you're stuck with me. :wink:
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Kelly & others,

I can't seem to find this "!" in any posts; maybe it has been discontinued?
Always have liked your picture with your posts; which child drew for you & for what occasion?
Have you moved with the 3-4 dogs yet; very hectic.

Best wishes; I miss your taking charge of:
* Fabricators - inserting incorrect or misquoted material to confuse readers or cause "harm" to the poster
* Cyber bullies/defamers/liabelists - they use the "shield" of the Internet to make derogatory statements
* Trolls - they offer nothing to the post & just want to see their name in print; go way off topic.

Take care my amiga,
Philip :roll:
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Kelly wrote:
Trolls are like dogs begging at the table - if they keep getting scraps thrown to them, they'll keep coming back. If no one gives them the attention they seek, they will eventually look for greener pastures. It's obvious how one or two trolls can disrupt an entire forum - and it takes the assistance of the entire forum to solve the problem.

Good point.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register