kindergarden/preschool Surco Lima

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
rodd
Gold Member
Gold Member

kindergarden/preschool Surco Lima

Postby rodd » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:36 am

hi does any one know of any good kindergarden/preschools in surco for my son who will be 3 in may i know its a long time a way but i like to be prepared well in advance
many thanks
Rodd

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:11 pm

Rod,
Hi. Your final decision will probably have a lot to do with where you plan to live, since neighborhood seems to be a big factor when choosing a pre-school.

If you will live in Miraflores though, I`d recommend Kindercare, which is on San Martin and Pasaje Sucre. We sent both of our kids there and never had a problem; not just that, it was nothing but good experiences. Well managed, good teachers and infrastructure.

Alan
naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:18 am

Alan wrote:If you will live in Miraflores though, I`d recommend Kindercare, which is on San Martin and Pasaje Sucre.

Is it in Spanish, English or both?
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:30 pm

While they claim to be bilingual, I found that in practice none of the teachers really spoke English, but they had enough to teach basic vocabulary.
Remy

Postby Remy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:41 pm

Alan wrote:Rod,
Hi. Your final decision will probably have a lot to do with where you plan to live, since neighborhood seems to be a big factor when choosing a pre-school.

If you will live in Miraflores though, I`d recommend Kindercare, which is on San Martin and Pasaje Sucre. We sent both of our kids there and never had a problem; not just that, it was nothing but good experiences. Well managed, good teachers and infrastructure.

Alan

Kinder care is very expensive. A bit farther you'll find Fresitas: http://www.oycsolutions.com/nidofresita.htm. Same quality, but about S./200 less per month.
loise980

Re: kindergarden/preschool Surco Lima

Postby loise980 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:36 am

Hello,

Could you please suggest me a home daycarer for my 2years old kid??
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringolandia » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:51 am

Seems like a bit of an odd question for a first post (hmm...). I would not recommend looking for nanny recommendations on an open forum due to various safety / privacy concerns. Nor would I recommend anyone give such recommendations on an open forum. The last thing anyone wants is online strangers having the direct or indirect contact info of the nannies of one's kids.

Best option is to use your personal contacts and ask around for nanny recommendations... maybe friends of your friend's nannies that they trust.

Failing that, try a nanny agency, but I have never heard anything good about such agencies. But if you have no other choice that's really your only option.
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:19 am

We have had about a half dozen over the years and the agency one's are the worst! When you get a good one "Treat them like Gold"!
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:56 pm

I agree 100% with Alpine Prince. Go for personal recommendations if you can.

Regarding the post requesting information, what I am seeing more and more of is online marketers who enter, make a post (usually reviving a long lost past post that ranks for certain key words - in this case kindergarden or preschool), then they return in a few days and add a spammy back link from their orginal post to whatever site they are trying to market. We'll have to wait and see..

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register