apartment rentals

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
calygirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

apartment rentals

Postby calygirl » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Anyone had any experience with this site?
http://apartamentosenmiraflores.com/miraflores.htm

Thanks for any feedback.

Joleneloo

Re: apartment rentals

Postby Joleneloo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:43 pm

hi,

The site is good but you can get the same type of service if you buy "El Comercio" on a Sunday.
If you want to stay in Lima for a couple of weeks it would be best to stay in a hotel because you'd probably spend more on food and other services that type of websites offer.
Hope it helps.
Jolene
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Joleneloo wrote:hi,

The site is good but you can get the same type of service if you buy "El Comercio" on a Sunday.

You can also look at www.urbania.pe
It`s the rentals section of ElComercio.

www.adondevivir.com is another good website.
Jalapenomel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Jalapenomel » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Joleneloo wrote:hi,

If you want to stay in Lima for a couple of weeks it would be best to stay in a hotel because you'd probably spend more on food and other services that type of websites offer.
Hope it helps.
Jolene

I disagree. Staying in a hotel is much more expensive then renting an apartment. My folks and another couple rented one last year for 9 days, and it was $500 total. A hotel would've ran them at least $60 a night per couple, so about $480 a week as opposed to $250 for the week. The apartment also had maid service for available for daily or weekly cleanings for a minimal cost. They were also able to do their laundry in their apartment, something that couldn't be done in a hotel.

Also, we used this site, which may be a bit more expensive than other options, but I am not positive on that:http://www.mirafloresapartmentrentals.com/
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Jalapenomel wrote: Staying in a hotel is much more expensive then renting an apartment. My folks and another couple rented one last year for 9 days, and it was $500 total. A hotel would've ran them at least $60 a night per couple, so about $480 a week as opposed to $250 for the week. The apartment also had maid service for available for daily or weekly cleanings for a minimal cost. They were also able to do their laundry in their apartment, something that couldn't be done in a hotel.

The advantage of staying in a hotel is that you don´t have to pay a deposit.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register