Tasa Anual procedure for this year

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tasa Anual procedure for this year

Postby agantuk » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:17 am

any change in the formalities for this year?

thank you in advance for any updates.

sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tasa Anual procedure for this year

Postby sunflower » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 am

Just did the tasa anaul two weeks ago. Everything was the same as last year. No problems, but the lines were quite long.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Be in the queue at 7am.

That way, you will be one of the first when they let you in :)
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby agantuk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 am

just came back from DIGEMIN...the lines were not too bad....1 hour max for the whole procedure....

the interesting bit is that if you got your CE is through marriage to a peruvian, you no longer have to pay the exoneracion fee...

:D
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:54 am

WHAT????? How is this possible??? I was there beginning of January and I had to pay.
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby agantuk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:57 am

i was as surprised as you are....i even went to INFORMES (near the entrance) to double-check before leaving...but they also said the same thing....

i hope you can get your money back...
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 am

For us "newbees" in Peru; what is this "Tasa Anual".
I am married to a Peruvian woman; I am interested in not having to pay some sort of fee...

Philip :roll:
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby agantuk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 am

look here:

http://www.digemin.gob.pe/en/servicios_ ... jeria.html

only difference from what it says on the website is that you don't have to pay the S/. 26.95.
DC_20833

Postby DC_20833 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Ok, i am a new Carnesta holder what is the process? This is my first year. Considering my performance on a tourist visa for 5 years i want to be good guest.
DC_20833

Postby DC_20833 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:43 pm

Ok, I am a new Carnesta holder what is the process? This is my first year. Considering my performance on a tourist visa for 5 years I want to be good guest.

Now look at this do I have to pay?

Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Go to Immigrations EARLY, 7am. Go to the bank and pay $20 ''Tasa Anual''.

To the left of the bank there is a wooden hut and seats, get in the queue and wait your turn for your sticker, presenting the receipt from the bank which you just paid.

Easy.

However, as your are EXONERADO, it seems you do not have to pay. How did you get the EXONERADO status? What is your category in Peru, on the front of the card?
DC_20833

Postby DC_20833 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:20 pm

RXA Rentista
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:21 pm

I assume the Rentista visa. My mother in law just got hers and it looks exactly the same; no yearly tasa, no prorrogas.
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Is this one of those visas - for people who invest a certain amount of money?

sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:05 pm

Here is a link to the law: http://spij.minjus.gob.pe/CLP/contenido ... 03-2005-IN

Pertinent sections (in spanish):

Los extranjeros que obtengan por primera vez la calidad migratoria de rentista de acuerdo a la Ley, están exonerados de la Tasa Anual de Extranjería mas no de los derechos de trámite y de Inscripción en el Registro Central de Extranjería. Están exonerados de los pagos de Inscripción en el Registro Central de Extranjería los menores de edad conforme a lo dispuesto en el D.S. Nº 206-83-EFC.

Aquellos extranjeros que obtengan la calidad migratoria Rentista por el procedimiento administrativo de cambio de calidad migratoria están exonerados de los pagos de los derechos de trámite, de la Tasa de Extranjería por cambio de calidad migratoria y de los correspondientes a la inscripción en el Registro Central de Extranjería y otorgamiento del Carné de Extranjería.

La DIGEMIN efectuará de oficio la exoneración permanente de la tasa anual de extranjería a todos aquellos que posean y ostenten la calidad migratoria Rentista, pudiendo proceder a la cancelación de oficio de dicha exoneración si el extranjero incurre en alguna de las causales previstas para dicha acción.

La DIGEMIN procederá a la verificación de que el administrado no esté incurso en las causales de la pérdida de la calidad migratoria Rentista.
SarzaCriolla
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SarzaCriolla » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:02 pm

I went today and it's true, no more fee for the exoneration/F-007 form for those married to Peruvians! They also handed me back the notarized guarantee letter from my wife, even though I'm pretty sure the DIGEMIN page says that's one of the requirements. So all you need is the F-007 form, a marriage certificate, and photocopies of your passport, your CE, and your spouse's DNI, it seems.

I was surprised to see they've actually really improved the system at Migraciones since I was there a year ago. That may not be saying much, considering how bad it used to be, but I actually got out of there without having the urge to jump in front of a bus afterwards! One negative is that the visa extension (prórroga) is no longer a same-day thing, and you have to go back a week later to pick up your CE with that sticker. Also, they checked the address in my wife's letter against the one they have in their system (!), and mentioned that I need to update my file because they didn't have my most recent address. I must have moved four times since I've been in Peru, never notified them of any address changes, never had a problem. This time, they almost didn't let me get my prórroga sticker until I filed for a change of address (another F-007 form, S/. 22.10 at Banco de la Nación), but relented in the end, so long as I promised I would do it as soon as I got my CE back. They seem to be getting... formal!
ariel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ariel » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:10 pm

SarzaCriolla wrote:I went today and it's true, no more fee for the exoneration/F-007 form for those married to Peruvians! They also handed me back the notarized guarantee letter from my wife, even though I'm pretty sure the DIGEMIN page says that's one of the requirements. So all you need is the F-007 form, a marriage certificate, and photocopies of your passport, your CE, and your spouse's DNI, it seems.

Did you have to get the latest copy of your marriage certificate?
SarzaCriolla
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SarzaCriolla » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:56 pm

Yes, as far as I know, it has to have been issued by the RENIEC within the last 90 days. Although they did say that copies that have been "fedateado" by the notary-type guy on the third floor are acceptable. I'm not sure if he checks how recent the copy he's notarizing is, but I assume so.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 am

Hold on. Are you sating that your spouse no longer needs to sign a ''Carta de Garantia'' to get your prorogga?

I did my prorogga end of November 2012 and it was requried then.

Please clarify.
SarzaCriolla
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SarzaCriolla » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:50 am

For the prórroga, yes, you need the letter from your spouse.

For the Tasa Anual, you don't, even though I had it written down as one of the requirements. Not sure whether I got that from the DIGEMIN page or from the Ultimate Peru List, but you don't need it for the TAE.
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby agantuk » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:24 pm

according to the digemin website you do not even need the passport and spouse's DNI...but they just keep asking for whatever they feel like....

http://www.digemin.gob.pe/servicios_inm ... jeria.html

I didn't have either and they asked for my spouse's DNI....i pointed out the website instructions....they gave me the sticker anyway...
koplinfamilia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby koplinfamilia » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:26 pm

OK, so I want to be clear on this, I'm married to a Peruvian, what do I "officially" need to bring with me to do this procedure? Also, when does it need to be completed by?

It looks like I need to pay $20 USD but no longer pay the exemption fee, is that correct?

The last time I went to do the prorroga de residencia thing I ended up having to make like 4 trips before I got the sticker... I want to be prepared this time!
Integrity Tourism & Transportation
ENTEL 985 059 944
RPM #949 811 404
USA Direct Line (585) 861-3106
http://www.integritytourism.com
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:19 am

The Tasa Anual has to be done between January and March each year, otherwise you pay more. But if you are married to a Peruvian even though you are late you are exempted anyway.

For the prorroga have a look at your carné. On the front you find "vencimiento". Mine state 11th of January, so I have to do the extention each year before this day.

What you need

Tasa Anual:
Either pay US$ 20 at the Banco de la Nacion or do the Exoneracion. For the exemption you need:
- formulario F007
- marriage certificate (not older than 3 months, 6 months when it's issued abroad; if the certificate is issued by a foreign consulate or in the provinces you need to have it legalized at Reniec in Lima)
- your carné + copy
- copy of your spouses DNI (DNI needs to be "valid" and has to have all the stickers from the elections on it)

Prorrogo de Residencia:
- formulario F007
- receipt of Banco de la Nacion payment (I think it was S/. 26.50)
- passport + copy
- carné + copy
- copy of spouses DNI (DNI needs to be "valid" and has to have all the stickers from the elections on it)
- marriage certificate (not older than 3 months, 6 months when it's issued abroad; if the certificate is issued by a foreign consulate or in the provinces you need to have it legalized at Reniec in Lima)
- Carta de Garantia legalized by a notary

I hope I have listed everything.

Note: You won't get the sticker for the prorroga immediately anymore. you have to pick it up afte 4 or 5 days. For this you need a copy of your passport and / or carné (not sure anymore, I had both with me) and the piece of paper they gave you.
JanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby JanD » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:21 pm

So, when I understand things well, I, as Rentista, am exonerated from paying the annual taxes, etc.?
And as such don't have to pay anything?
Or is there any "hidden" tax, or wathever, I have overseen?
Huayruru
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Huayruru » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:06 am

Might be worth adding that when you return to pick up your carne + sticker after applying for the prorroga (they don't seem to issue it same day any more), you need to take: receipt they give you + passport + copy of passport.
y2jimmy

Postby y2jimmy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:23 am

I just did this yesterday, everything went fast was out of there in less than an hour and didn't have to pay the fee.
Below is the list of items i took:
- formulario F007 that i printed from http://www.digemin.gob.pe/formularios/f-007.pdf
- my carné + copy
- plus a copy of my spouses DNI
- marriage certificate from Reniec which cost s/.15 , i took the original and a photo copy, the copy had to be take to be authenticated by fedateado which is to the left just when you enter digemin(Av. España Nº 730 - Breña - Lima) and its free, his hours are from 8:30am to 1pm if i recall correctly. After that just walk over to where the Banco de la Nación is an you'll see like a little shed with 3 windows make the line there to collect your sticker and that's it.
koplinfamilia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby koplinfamilia » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:08 pm

Does anyone know if my husband (he is the Peruvian) can do the anual Tasa for me? If he goes with all the paperwork in hand is that fine or do I have to be present?
Integrity Tourism & Transportation
ENTEL 985 059 944
RPM #949 811 404
USA Direct Line (585) 861-3106
http://www.integritytourism.com
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:16 pm

I assume you do the exonaeration? If so, fill out form F007, add your husband's details under representante legal and sign.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:57 am

I never paid that any will never will pay that.

Why should I anyway? I don't get any wellfare payments, free healthcare and social housing from the Peruvian goverment. Although, I am entitled to that as I am not working or looking for work.
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:36 am

What BENEFITS - from the government of Peru???
It is my understanding that only FREE HEALTH CARE (grossly inferior to US or Europe) & a few other "crumbs".
You mention other ENTITLEMENTS - I don't see others adressing here on expat; am I missing something?

Have a FANTASTIC EASTER; "He is risen!!!"

alchemist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alchemist » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:44 pm

SarzaCriolla wrote:I went today and it's true, no more fee for the exoneration/F-007 form for those married to Peruvians! They also handed me back the notarized guarantee letter from my wife, even though I'm pretty sure the DIGEMIN page says that's one of the requirements. So all you need is the F-007 form, a marriage certificate, and photocopies of your passport, your CE, and your spouse's DNI, it seems.

I wouldn't count on not needing a notarized letter, they can just as well ask you to come back with it !
“Why it's simply impassible!
Alice: Why, don't you mean impossible?
Door: No, I do mean impassible. (chuckles) Nothing's impossible!”
Michelle95

Postby Michelle95 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:19 am

I need to renew my carne. My Peruvian husband and I were married in Washington, DC, and obviously we had to have our marriage registered with Peru (RENIEC, I think?) in order to get my carne in the first place. We have hired a laywer who says he has gone to all the municipalities and not found our marriage registered anywhere. He is now saying we need to go to Washington, DC, to get a copy of our marriage certificate. I have the document from the Peruvian consul in DC saying that they registered our marriage in 2011. I also have triple certified copies of our marriage license, again from 2011.

Any ideas on how or where to track down where our marriage is registered here in Peru?
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Michelle95 wrote:I need to renew my carne. My Peruvian husband and I were married in Washington, DC, and obviously we had to have our marriage registered with Peru (RENIEC, I think?) in order to get my carne in the first place. We have hired a laywer who says he has gone to all the municipalities and not found our marriage registered anywhere. He is now saying we need to go to Washington, DC, to get a copy of our marriage certificate. I have the document from the Peruvian consul in DC saying that they registered our marriage in 2011. I also have triple certified copies of our marriage license, again from 2011.

Any ideas on how or where to track down where our marriage is registered here in Peru?

Maybe your problem is that your husband is registered as married in Peru, but that the CERTIFICATE never has been properly registered in Reniec. ( two different procedures ). So now you are married but the only way to proof that is to get a new copy of your US marriage certificate and legalize/translate it for you to use it to renew your carnet.
To avoid to do this every year, you should register the marriage certificate in Reniec, so next year when you need a fresh copy, you can simply get it in Reniec, instead of getting a new legalized/translated copy from the US.
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Does this mean even though one was married abroad to a Peruvian and registered the marriage at a Peruvian consulate, one can register the marriage at RENIEC in Peru a second time? Are you sure? I have many friends who go through the trouble of having send a "new" marriage certificate each year from the consulate to do their prorroga. If it's really possible to re-register the marriage here and then get the marriage certificate at RENIEC that would be great.
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Go to http://www.reniec.gob.pe/portal/tramiteGeneral.htm#
-> TRÁMITES DE NACIMIENTO, MATRIMONIO Y DEFUNCIÓN
-> Matrimonios
-> Inscripción del Matrimonio celebrado en el Extranjero

Maybe to OP only did the
'Rectificación: Cambio de Estado Civil en DNI' of the Peruvian.
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Provided link states the following : " Procedimiento para la Inscripción de matrimonio de peruano celebrado en el extranjero, que no fue inscrito en la Oficina Consular Peruana correspondiente."

So you can only register your abroad marriage if it's not already registered in a Peruvian consulate. Nowhere could I find that you can re-register the marriage when it's already registered at a Peruvian consulate. And that's exactly what I heard from my friends.

For the OP this means like for many of my friends as well, you have to get a new marriage certificate from the consulate your marriage was registered; in your case it seems to be Washington. For the extension of your canré the marriage certificate is allowed to be 6 month old. The only thing you can do, get in contact with the Preuvian consulate and ask how you can get your marriage certificate to Peru.

Hopefully as planned for years now, the Peruvian consulate will soon be connected to Reniec.
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:38 am

If your marriage ( or birth ) is registered in a Peruvian consulate abroad, you can get a fresh copy of that document in the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Cercado de Lima. No need to travel back to Washington or London..
http://www.rree.gob.pe/servicioalciudadano/Paginas/Copias_Certificadas.aspx
It costs US$ 7.50 and takes 5 working days according to the webpage.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:35 pm

It sounds like getting that CE is only giving hassle and nothing else. And it's used by the government to easily get money out of the gringo's pocket.
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:57 am

fanning wrote:If your marriage ( or birth ) is registered in a Peruvian consulate abroad, you can get a fresh copy of that document in the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Cercado de Lima. No need to travel back to Washington or London..
http://www.rree.gob.pe/servicioalciudadano/Paginas/Copias_Certificadas.aspx
It costs US$ 7.50 and takes 5 working days according to the webpage.

That's really good news! I never heard of this before and it seems many others as well. Thanks a lot for this very useful info!

chi chi wrote:It sounds like getting that CE is only giving hassle and nothing else. And it's used by the government to easily get money out of the gringo's pocket.

Yes getting, having and keeping a carné isn't always easy. But as there are people out there wanting to be legal (!) in this country and can't travel all the time, they have to fulfill the even though sometimes stupid requirements.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Hello,

I have been residing in Peru for almost three years now. I was thinking about naturalization after renewing my CE last year but then gave up the idea: too much hassle and paperwork and not so many advantages.

So, I decided to stick to my CE.

As we know, all holders of CE have to go to DIGEMIN at least twice a year: 1) to pay TEA or get the exemption stamp, 2) to renew their CE.

Well, I have to renew my CE in August. So, my visits are scheduled for January through March and August accordingly. I live in Huamanga province and two 10-hour round trips in a provincial bus isn't really what I like. In this respect I have a question:

Since I am married to a Peruvian citizen do I have to get my exoneration January through March too or can I do it any time of the year, let us say, in August when I come to Lima to renew my CE? Is it OK to walk around without a TEA stamp in your CE up until August?

I would greatly appreciate any reply to my request.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register