Naturalization Exam in DIGEMIN

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Cecile

Re: Naturalization Exam in DIGEMIN

Postby Cecile » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 am

mammamia wrote:
Sugarkane wrote:Congrats! :D And what about questions? The same as mentioned here or they changed the list of questions?

Why should they change those questions?! Shuffling them from time to time should be enough, I guess.

I will take the test on August 15, 2014. I have the summary list of items to study and the lady at the office said a score of 12 is needed to pass, each question is worth 2 points. If someone can tell me about a current test taken, please give me test question examples, in English and Spanish, if possible. I studied Spanish for 6 months at ICPNA and know a lot, but not all words, of course. I am worried about the test. I read all the examples on this site -- very helpful.

After my test, I will update you all on my test, with questions, etc.

randomperson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby randomperson » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:30 am

An excellent source for dirt-cheap books to brush up on Peruvian history is the book market downtown...not sure what it's called but it's adjacent to the Mercado de las Mochilas and a fascinating place to visit. Many, many stalls filled with old books, new books and the vendors, if they don't have what you want, will run to another stall and produce it. These vendors, perhaps because of their line of work, are more helpful and knowledgeable than most market-stall attendants. I also suspect that because of the prices on the new books, many are "bamba" but the collection of used books is one-of-a-kind.

I purchased a used Compendio de Historia del Peru, Martha HIldebrandt's new book and a stack of back issues of Casa y Mas (Peruvian Interior Design and Architecture magazines) all for less than USD10 total and spent hours browsing at this very somewhat unknown and underrated gem of a place.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Can you do this test and be naturalised after being on a work visa for two years? Is that the rule?
kenpo1st

Postby kenpo1st » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:12 am

I will be going to Lima to take the test, my spanish is not so good yet. Can I bring a translator?
Gorria

Postby Gorria » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:06 am

Hi everybody

I pass the test last week, we were about 40 people. They put us randomly in the room, 4 people for each table. There were 4 different tests (named A, B, C & D), so each person in the table has a different test. My test was relatively easy compared to some I saw in the web, and I prepare me intensely during two weeks so I think I will pass it (with 15 or 16 I presume...). Here are the questions of my test:
1) Dar el nombre de 8 Incas
2) Quien ha escrito el libro “La Ciudad y los Perros”:
- Ciro Alegria
- Jaime Bayli
- Mario Vargas Llosa (X)
- Ricardo Palma
- Ninguno de estos
3) Decir si las siguientes afirmaciones son verdaderas (V) o falsas (F):
- Ana Jara Velasquez es Vice-Presidenta de la Republica (F)
- Inca Garcilaso de la Vega es un poeta y escritor peruano famoso (V)
- Mario Vargas Llosa recibió en 2010 el Premio Nobel de Literatura (V)
- Una pregunta mas que olvidé…
4) Indicar en cual departamento se encuentran los siguientes lugares:
- Ruinas de Kuelap (Respuesta: Amazonas)
- Líneas de Nazca (Respuesta: Ica)
- Sillustani (Respuesta: Puno)
- Caral (Respuesta: Lima)
5) Escribir el coro del himno nacional
6) Citar 6 de las regiones del Peru (según Pulgar Vidal)
7) Indicar si las siguientes afirmaciones son verdaderas (V) o falsas (F)
- El Rio Marañón es el más caudaloso de Peru (F)
- Las líneas de Nazca pertenecen al Departamento de Arequipa (F)
- El Alpamayo es la montaña más desacatada de la Cordillera Blanca (V) (Para mi… la más alta es el Huascarán, pero la más destacada creo que sería el Alpamayo, pero no se que considera Migraciones…)
8) Indicar lo que sabe sobre la Cultura Nazca (edad, ubicación geográfica, cerámica, artes y hechos destacados)
9) Quien fue el primer Presidente del Perú
- Inca Garcilaso de la Vega
- Simón Bolívar
- José de la Riva Agüero (X)
- Agustín Gamarra
- José de San Martin
10) En que consiste la leyenda de Manco Capác y Mama Ocllo

Something I wanted to know from people who have already finished the process. I need to go out of Peru a few times during the next weeks, and I'm not sure if it is possible. Can you tell me how long it takes when they announced you that you pass the test? Is it possible to leave Peru before you have the DNI (and so the possibility to ask for a Peruvian passeport)?

Good luck! If you work well, you will pass it!
Gorria
Smoke&Mirrors
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Smoke&Mirrors » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi all,

Kind of a related question.

I am considering changing from my CE to residency, but would like to know if the superannuation / pension (the approximately 13% you pay on your earnings) that I have paid as an employee here gets 'locked-up' by becoming a resident? I.e., currently if I leave the country for good I have recourse to get this money back.

In becoming a resident, it would make sense to me that this money would be locked-up as you are essentially becoming Peruvian, but I have heard different views (none of which was that informed).

Thank you very much for any information!
Cuchito50

Postby Cuchito50 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:50 pm

"lo mas destacada" means the most famous, so it would be Aplamayo.

Gorria wrote:Hi everybody

I pass the test last week, we were about 40 people. They put us randomly in the room, 4 people for each table. There were 4 different tests (named A, B, C & D), so each person in the table has a different test. My test was relatively easy compared to some I saw in the web, and I prepare me intensely during two weeks so I think I will pass it (with 15 or 16 I presume...). Here are the questions of my test:
1) Dar el nombre de 8 Incas
2) Quien ha escrito el libro “La Ciudad y los Perros”:
- Ciro Alegria
- Jaime Bayli
- Mario Vargas Llosa (X)
- Ricardo Palma
- Ninguno de estos
3) Decir si las siguientes afirmaciones son verdaderas (V) o falsas (F):
- Ana Jara Velasquez es Vice-Presidenta de la Republica (F)
- Inca Garcilaso de la Vega es un poeta y escritor peruano famoso (V)
- Mario Vargas Llosa recibió en 2010 el Premio Nobel de Literatura (V)
4) Indicar en cual departamento se encuentran los siguientes lugares:
- Ruinas de Kuelap (Respuesta: Amazonas)
- Líneas de Nazca (Respuesta: Ica)
- Sillustani (Respuesta: Puno)
- Caral (Respuesta: Lima)
5) Escribir el coro del himno nacional
6) Citar 6 de las regiones del Peru (según Pulgar Vidal)
7) Indicar si las siguientes afirmaciones son verdaderas (V) o falsas (F)
- El Rio Marañón es el más caudaloso de Peru (F)
- Las líneas de Nazca pertenecen al Departamento de Arequipa (F)
- El Alpamayo es la montaña más desacatada de la Cordillera Blanca (V) (Para mi… la más alta es el Huascarán, pero la más destacada creo que sería el Alpamayo, pero no se que considera Migraciones…)
8) Indicar lo que sabe sobre la Cultura Nazca (edad, ubicación geográfica, cerámica, artes y hechos destacados)
9) Quien fue el primer Presidente del Perú
- Inca Garcilaso de la Vega
- Simón Bolívar
- José de la Riva Agüero (X)
- Agustín Gamarra
- José de San Martin
10) En que consiste la leyenda de Manco Capác y Mama Ocllo

Something I wanted to know from people who have already finished the process. I need to go out of Peru a few times during the next weeks, and I'm not sure if it is possible. Can you tell me how long it takes when they announced you that you pass the test? Is it possible to leave Peru before you have the DNI (and so the possibility to ask for a Peruvian passeport)?

Good luck! If you work well, you will pass it!
Gorria
Cuchito50

Postby Cuchito50 » Tue May 26, 2015 5:25 pm

Thanks for the info, Gorria, and all those previous if no longer posting.

I just took the test, 42 people took it, 7 failed, including me. The results are now posted on the Internet. There are at least four different tests, and the luck of the draw decides which one you get. There was nothing on the test that was not mentioned on this chat. The hard part is which to study; there is so little time. For example, my test asked for a LIST of 8 Congress persons still in office, along with a LIST of 5 Ministers and their respective ministries. Also it asked for a LIST of works by Mario Vargas Llosa and a LIST of works by José María Arguedas. It asked to name the Province in which two places that I had never heard of are located, but I cant remember their names. The reason I failed is because I concentrated too much on culture and not names. I had a lot of stuff down pat, but, as I say, the luck of the draw.

I would assume that the questions about Pre-Inca cultures will change from time to time, Chavín, Gallinazo, Paracas, Nazca, Chimú or Mochica, so its best to know a brief outline of each. Knowing ALL ministers and Congresspersons cant hurt, but that may not be necessary to pass if you know all the rest of the stuff.

When I took the test, persons who had taken it before received theirs first, but were not allowed to start until all were distributed. I'm sure they want to make sure you don't receive the same test twice.

When I called to find out what to do because I had failed, they told me to come to the office as soon as possible. I went, they gave me a ticket to the next test, five days away, no extra time to study. I'm now cramming.

My recommendation for those considering nationalization is to start studying BEFORE you apply. When you can answer ALL the questions posted here, THEN APPLY, but continue to study. Personally, I find studying Peru very interesting, so I enjoy it. I should be able to pass the test if I can remember everything, but I wish I had started studying BEFORE I applied.

Good luck to all who come to this chat.
Cuchito50

Postby Cuchito50 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:45 pm

I just took the test the second time and I'm sure I passed because I was better prepared. Most questions were similar to ones posted, but a new one was if Ana Jara is still President of Consejo de Ministros. No. She recently got the boot, Marisol Espanoza took her place. So they keep up present times on the tests.
Best of luck to all.
momentum_power

Postby momentum_power » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:32 pm

Hello, this morning I took the exam so I'd like to share what I can remember to help you study for this ridiculously difficult exam.

En que cultura es la cuidela chan chan? Chimú

Que fue la capital de la cultura Tawantinsuyu? Cusco

2 obras de Mario Varga Llosa y 2 de Cesar Vallejo.

Mario Vargas Llosa: La Chunga, La ciudad y Los Perros

Cesar Vallejo Mendoza: Tungsteno, Los heraldos Negros

Verdadero o falso...servicios de migraciones.

Codigo moral de incas.

1.- Ama Llulla (No seas mentiroso)
2.- Ama Súa (No seas ladrón) y
3.- Ama Quella (No seas haragán)

Quien donde y Cuando proclamo la libertad de peru? Que palabras celebres la independencia?

Jose de San Martin proclamó la independencia en 29 de Julio, 1821 en la plaza mayor, lima. I don know the words to celebrate it so I wrote the chorus of the national anthem.

Las cosas en el escodo nacional?

Vicuña – Las riquezas del reino animal
Arbol de quina – Las riquezas del reino vegetal
Cornucopia – Las riquezas del reino mineral

Describe el patrio Parque Manu y en que distrito está ubicado?

Parque Nacional del Manu es un espacio natural protegido localizado en el sureste del Perú, ubicado parcialmente en los departamentos de Madre de Dios y Cusco, en las provincias de Manu y Paucartambo.

En el Manu es posible encontrar toda la variedad de pisos ecológicos que existen en la Amazonia y esto la hace una de las áreas protegidas más apreciadas.

Good luck!
moonstar

Postby moonstar » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:28 pm

Took this exam recently and it was ridiculously difficult had more than 3 sets of true or false questions about peruvian tradicions, law on nationality and services or migration office and others. Asked 8 ministers for 1 number and also 8 natural attractions and which departments they were located for another number. There were more heroes related questions of 4 people I never heard of like coronels that accompanied the war on independence. Almost none of the previous questions were included in the exam.

There was 1 guy who was on his 3rd or 4th take. Good luck to those planning to take this exam, you will need it in getting a better test set I think.
MartitaAQP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MartitaAQP » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:43 pm

WOW, the exam has changed a LOT since I took in at the beginning of 2012. The minimum score was 18/20, and no questions were true/false or multiple choice. They were all just write a short answer. And all the questions (there were 10) were compound each asking a lot of questions in one (eg. the question would be a list of books/poems and you had to write the authors for each one) and if you got one part of the question wrong you lost the 2 points for that question.That was before spouses had to take it so obviously they've streamlined it. They told me "know everything" and no one had "example questions" back then because no one had passed it in over a year, and I couldn't even find anyone who had take it. So I tried knowing everything...it took two tries and more studying than my PhD finals to pass. I hope eventually they will work from a database of questions so it is at least standardized but in the meantime, at least it sounds passable!
robertd2

Postby robertd2 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:04 pm

Here is the new list of exam questions - my Spanish is not that good , but I think that the translation is OK .

Topics of the Questionnaire for the written evaluation

1. The political and social organization of the Inca empire , and the Ican rulers

2. Geographic regions of Peru , according to the Peruvian geographer Javier Pulgar Vidal

3. Peruvian heroes (biographical , according to their battles or combats)

4. Historical and cultural heritage .

5. PreInca cultures , characteristics , unification , sculpture , ceramics (statues)

6. National law .

7. Natural attractions and wealth (gold) (description and unification)

8. Patriotic symbols (flag).

9. Peruvian saints

10. Peruvian artists : writers (with their work - books) , poets , musicians , singers

11. Actual Peruvian congressmen and public ministers

12. Rivers , lakes , lagoons , plateaus , volcanoes , ridges in Peru

13. Peruvian independence - date , leaders , place , etc.

14. Peruvian traditions

15. Services and functions of the superintendent of Immigration of Peru

16. Treaties signed by Peru : Mercosur , Andean Pact , Constitutive Treaty of the Union of South American Nations ( the
concept and members )

17. Political organization of Peru ( purpose and representatives )

18. Peruvian presidents - especially the latest ones

19. Peruvians foods - and fruits , vegetables

20. Prominent Peruvian figures

Thanks for all of your help everybody . Hope that everyone passes , including me .
craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby craig » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:57 pm

MartitaAQP wrote:WOW, the exam has changed a LOT since I took in at the beginning of 2012.

Did you ever get your citizenship?
--
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. -- Thomas Jefferson
marcello

Postby marcello » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Below were my questions from test “D” followed by My Notes that served me well. This thread was a huge help and I wouldn’t have passed without all the great posts here but still, verify everything you read here. Thank you and good luck.

- List 2 works by Cesar Vallejo y 2 by Mario Vargas Llosa
- Name the department Chavin was in
- List el Codigo de morales de los incas
- Name the civilization that gave us Chan Chan
- Describe the escudo (essay)
- Capital of Tawantinsuyo. Multiple choice.
- Independencía del Peru: Who, where, when and with what words?
- 4 in 1 T & F about the functions of the dept of migraciones (Verdad o Falso).
- What I can remember of the 4 part T & F questions (Verdad o Falso):
Is the Kalasasaya Palace in Puno? (V o F)
Is so and so a Peruvian football player (V o F)
Manu es en el departmento de xxx (V o F)
Runa simi is another name for the Quechua language (V o F)
- sorry, there was one more question I can’t remember

My Notes:

Funciones y Servicios de la Superintendence general de migraciónes
Inmigración y nacionalización, registro de nacionales y extranjeros, movimiento migratorio

LEY DE NACIONALIDAD
- Ley 26574 
- Son peruanos si ha nacida en la República del Peru
- Hijos de Peruanos son Peruanos también
- Los extranjeros que desean ser ciudadanos de Perú debe que residen en la Republic por lo menos dos anos y tiene un profesión o unida en matrimonio con un Peruano.

Miguel Grau (El Caballero de los Mares) y
Elias Aguirre se murieron 8 Oct 1879 en la batalla de Angamos
Andrés Avelino Cáceres (El Brujo de los Andes) un héroe nacional por liderar la resistencia contra la ocupación chilena durante la
Guerra del Pacífico (1879 - Oct 20 1883)
El primer Presidente del Perú fue José de la Riva Agüero
Jorge Chávez primero de cruzar los Alpes en avioneta 23-Set-1910

Himno Nacional del Peru
Musica - José Bernardo Alcedo
Letra - José de la Torre Ugarte
El Himno Nacional del Peru ha sido presentado y cantado por primera vez en 23 de Septiembre de 1821 en el teatro Nacional de Lima por Rosa Merino.

¡Somos libres! 
¡seámoslo siempre!
Y antes niegue sus luces el Sol
Que faltemos al voto solemne
Que la Patria al Eterno elevó

President of the Republic Ollanta Humala
Primer Ministro Pedro Cateriano
Presidente del Consejo de Ministros Pedro Cateriano
Vicepresidente Marisol Espinoza
Presidenta del Congreso Luis Iberico
Pres del Poder Judicial y de la Corte Suprema de Justicia Víctor Ticona Postigo

Some Ministers:
Ministro de Defense Jakke Valakivi
Ministro de Labor Daniel Maurate Romero
Ministro de Environment Manuel Pulgar Vidal
Ministra de Energia y Minas Rosa Maria Ortiz
Ministro de Educación Jaime Saavedra

Los suyos de Tawantinsyo:
Chinchasuyo noroeste Antisuyu noreste
Kuntisuyo suroeste Qullosuyu sureste

Cusco was the capital of Tawantinsuyo

Manco Cápac y Mama Ocllo salieron del lago Titicaca buscado para encontrar el ombligo del mundo pusieron una barra de oro en la tierra en Cusco

Javier Pulgar Vidal hizo su tesis en 1938 Los ochos regiones naturales de Peru
chala
yunga
quechua
sumi
puna
janca
rupa rupa
omagua

Cuales los rios Afluentes del Lago Titicaca:
Ramis
Huancané
Coata
Catari
Ilave
Suchez

Frutas del Peru
Lucuma
Tuna
Chirimoya
Sauco
Camu Camu
Aguaje
Maracuya
Caimita
Carambola

Some Incas
Manco Cápac I
Sinchi Roca
Mayta Cápac
Inca Roca (killed his brother Urco)
Viracocha (1438 Chanka offensive)
Pachacútec (1438-1473)
Tupac Inca Yupanqui
Huayna Cápac
Huáscar
Atahualpa En 1533 Atahualpa capturado y matado Huascár por Pizarro. El cuerpo de Huascár fue tirado en Río Yanamayo
Manco Cápac II
Tupac Amaru

Regiones de Peru (no completo):
Tumbes
Piura
Cajamarca
Amazonas
Loreto (mas grande)
San Martin
Ancash
Ica
Ayacucho
Apurimac
Cusco
Ayacucho
Apurimac
Madre de Dios
Arequipa
Puno
Tacna

Declaración de la Independencia
28-Jul-1821 General José de San Martín Plaza Mayor de Lima
¡VIVA LA PATRIA!, ¡VIVA LA LIBERTAD!, ¡VIVA LA INDEPENDENCIA!.

Codigo moral de incas.
1.- Ama Llulla (No seas mentiroso)
2.- Ama Súa (No seas ladrón) y
3.- Ama Quella (No seas haragán)

quechua = runa simi language

- Caral 2600 BCE and 2000 BCE, pyramids
- Paracas 800 BCE and 100 BCE amplio conocimiento de riego y gestión del agua. Region Ica
- Chavin 900 BCE to 200 BCE Chavin de Huantar. Region de Ancash
- Nazca 100 BC to 800 Nazca es mas famosa por Las Lineas de figuras. Un aspecto distintivo de Nazca es su cerámica policromada. La base de la economía era la agricultura, actividad que se presentó para los nazca como un reto difícil de superar por las características geográficas de la región donde se desarrollaron, pues el clima es bastante seco. Region Ica
- Tiahaunaca 200 - 1000 era la mayoría de las civilizaciones importantes antes del Imperio de los Incas
- Chachapoyas 750 - 800. Kuélap and Gran Pajáten. Region Amazonas
- Chimu 900-1470 Trujillo, Chan Chan. Chimú adoraba la luna. Conquistada por Tupac Inca Yupanqi en 1470
- Wari 500 - 1000 cerca Ayacucho, Wari ruinas

Rios alrededor Las Lineas de Nazca:
Rio Ingenio el en norte y el Rio Nazca a la sud
Parque Nacional del Manu es un espacio natural protegido y ubicado en los departamentos de Madre de Dios y Cusco, en las provincias de Manu y Paucartambo.

3 partes de gob de Peru
a) Poder Ejecutivo
b) Poder Legislativo
c) Poder Judicial

Huascarán en el Cordillera Blanca es el montaña mas alto en Peru- 6746M

National flower: Cantuta
National animal: Vicuña
National bird: Rupicola peruviana

Peruvian regiones y departamentos son subdividido en provincias and districtos

Mario Vargas Llosa escribió “La Casa Verde”, ”El Guerra del Fin de Mundo” y ”Conversación en La Catedral”
Cesar Vallejo escribió ”El Tungsteno” y ”Paco Yunque”
Ciro Alegria escribió ”La Serpiente de Oro”, ”Los Perros Hambrientos” y “El mundo es ancho y ajeno”
Alfredo Bryce Echenique “Un mundo para Julius”
Jose Maria Arguedas “Los Rios Profundo”

Las cosas en el escodo nacional?
la vicuña en el parte superior izquierda sobre un fondo celeste y mirando en el interior del escudo
el arbol de quina es en el parte superior derecha sobre un fondo de blanco
una cornucopia con una gran cantidad de monedas de oro sobre un fondo rojo está debajo de la vicuña y el árbol de la quina

En que cultura es la sitio chan chan? Chimú
Que fue la capital de la cultura Tawantinsuyu? Qosqo, Cuzco

SIMBOLOS PATRIOS Bandera, escarapela, escudo y Himno Nacional del Peru
SANTOS PERUANOS Santa Rosa de Lima y San Martín de Porres

What is the deepest canyon in Peru, in Latin America and the world?
Cotahuasi Canyon

What does the acronym VRAE mean and what problems have there been in this area?
Valle del Río Apurímac y Rio Ene. la desnutrición infantil, produción de cocaína y narcotráfico

Meseta de Collao = Meseta de Titicaca = Altiplano Andina

Volcanos:
Misti, Pikchu Pikchu and Chachani cerca Arequipa
estrato volcanos compuesto por múltiples capas de lava

PRESIDENTES DEL PERU

Los presidentes del República de los 30 años pasado fueron

Alan Garcia 1985-1990 Aprista

Alberto Fujimori 1991-2000 Fuerza Popular

Alejandro Toledo 2001-2005 Peru Posible

Alan Garcia 2006-2010 Aprista

Ollanta Humala 2011-presente Gana Peru
marcoazp1

Postby marcoazp1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi I took the exam on july /2017 Thanks to all the info posted here, I aproved ! I think it getting easier each time..
.. the balotario is the same and questions basic ones true false, Name rivers, ministers, congresmans at least 8, locations of famous atraccions and historic ruins
Good Luck
atpe

Postby atpe » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:17 pm

onurinal wrote:why you guys want to become citizen I don't get it.

What's bad about it?
atpe

Postby atpe » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:18 pm

marcoazp1 wrote:Hi I took the exam on july /2017 Thanks to all the info posted here, I aproved ! I think it getting easier each time..
.. the balotario is the same and questions basic ones true false, Name rivers, ministers, congresmans at least 8, locations of famous atraccions and historic ruins
Good Luck

I congratulate you :D
rgbjr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rgbjr » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:38 am

Hi
If you are married to a Peruvian Citizen there is no exam.
Bobby
rudder
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby rudder » Tue May 08, 2018 12:21 pm

rgbjr wrote:Hi
If you are married to a Peruvian Citizen there is no exam.
Bobby

Is that a fact? What are the requirements then?
Turn a desert into a sustainable food oasis:

http://cropsfordrylands.com/
Juan de los Altos

Postby Juan de los Altos » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:35 pm

I was there last week. They told me there is no longer an exam if married to a Peruvian. I was also told that last year they decided that if you are married to a Peruvian your visa/CE is good for 2 years. You don't have to renew it every year, I double checked the reqs and this seems to be the case. :D

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register