Best sports bar to watch American sports

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
lyndelld
Gold Member
Gold Member

Best sports bar to watch American sports

Postby lyndelld » Wed May 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Can you tell me what is the best sports bar to watch American sports? Right now I want to watch NBA. When the time comes I would like to watch college football (american).

argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Best sports bar to watch American sports

Postby argidd » Wed May 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Have you tried "The Corner"? It's on Larco, almost reaching Larcomar.
Last Friday I was at TGI Fridays at Larcomar and there was an NBA game on... and a lunatic screaming like there's no tomorrow, so maybe you want to do that too? He didn't get kicked out...

I've seen them play NBA, European football (soccer), NFL, I think if you are nice enough to them they will tune into the sports channel you want.
Regards,

Argidd
lyndelld
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby lyndelld » Wed May 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Thank you!
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Wed May 15, 2013 7:02 pm

argidd wrote: there was an NBA game on... and a lunatic screaming like there's no tomorrow, so maybe you want to do that too? He didn't get kicked out...

That's why I hate sportsbars. Can't people just quietly enjoy a drink and eat some slop whilst watching a game?
metal moth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby metal moth » Thu May 16, 2013 8:30 am

I agree with Chi Chi.
Sports bars and sporting events there always seems to be some obnoxious drunken lout spilling beer on me.
I like beer as much as the next person but I prefer to drink it not wear it.
lyndelld
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby lyndelld » Thu May 16, 2013 11:48 am

I'd have to agree with both of you metal moth and chi chi. I would watch with a few friends instead. I didn't go last night -and it's a good thing. The Oklahoma City Thunder were embarrassed and sent home from the playoffs.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu May 16, 2013 5:02 pm

lyndelld wrote:I'd have to agree with both of you metal moth and chi chi. I would watch with a few friends instead. I didn't go last night -and it's a good thing.

You are right. Better watch it at home with friends. Buy a few sixpacks of cheap beer at the supermarket and prepare your own sloppy Joe`s. . Better than getting ripped off buy those bars. And you don't run the risk to get robbed by landshark when walking home drunk after the game.
Arroz con Pollo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Arroz con Pollo » Thu May 16, 2013 5:54 pm

What's with all the debby downers in this forum these days? God forbid you leave your home and meet new people. The Corner is not a bad place to enjoy a game once in a while and I've never seen it get out of hand there or anything even close. If you like to enjoy the game at home, good for you, nobody asked and nobody cares.
Jalapenomel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Jalapenomel » Wed May 22, 2013 7:12 pm

The Corner Bar is terrible. Terrible service, food is overprices, just not a great place, IMO. We have watched several games at Fiesta, and we have always enjoyed our time there.
taterbabies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby taterbabies » Thu May 23, 2013 1:51 am

i went to corner my first day here......i was ignored the whole ten minutes i sat at the bar even while giving the 'please help me posture' with a bill in my hand.....wasn't even able to order a drink
limaclub

Postby limaclub » Thu May 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Altho not an American sports event the SAE lima clubhouse is holding a small get together at 10.30am for the Champions league final on Saturday morning. We will meet at the clubhouse at 135 Calle Piura where there will be Hotdogs, Cheese Burgers for 5 soles and beer for 3 soles. Then at 12.15 we will head to the Old Pub to watch the final (kick off 1.45pm) where we have a table booked.

The SAE events are a great way to meet new people and if it goes well we will be looking into creating similar events for upcoming American sporting events! Hope to see you soon!!
Attachments
293791_10151387253562610_1205758291_n.jpg
(57.04 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Saludos,

South American Explorers,
956 Enrique Palacios,
Miraflores,
Lima 18.
Tel: 01 447 7731

http://www.saexplorers.org

Open: Mon-Fri: 0930 – 1700 (Weds: 2000); Sat: 0930 - 1300
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:26 pm

I have never heard of any negative comments about SAE events; unfortunately, this Saturday is booked for us.
Have a good time - EVERYONE; the prices are "democratic" for food & beer - are you listening Chi Chi???

Enjoy your soccer,
Philip & Rosmery :roll:
budley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby budley » Mon May 27, 2013 4:07 pm

I've been to the Corner maybe 200 times and never had any bad service. The food prices are a bit high for what you get and its not to the quality of an american sports bar. the tv's are well placed and it feels very american for US sporting events. People are indeed yelling and screaming, that is the point of a sports bar, so definitely stay away all you people that don't like it, you know what you're getting into. I go there to watch the chargers or march madness if I'm in Lima, or a big soccer game etc.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register