Renewing CE

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
seb2010
Silver Member
Silver Member

Renewing CE

Postby seb2010 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Hello,

I know this has been discussed several times, and here it is again. There used to be a document on this website that clearly stated what is needed to renew the Carnet. Could someone please post again? I saw something about a Carta de Garentia or something. What is this? It would be great to have a bullet point list again of what exactly is needed. Thank you so much!

fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Renewing CE

Postby fanning » Fri May 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Amerijewvian3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Amerijewvian3 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:01 pm

Please someone tell me where I may find where I get an appointment to renew my CE.
I went to Migraciones today, and well I learned they changed the whole process of renewing my carnet.
Thanks.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Ameri, the web provided by Fanning should help you. If not, ask someone to call DIGEMIN (do you know when they changed it?). My husband went in May, and it seemed straight forward, although we ask an attorney to do it because of times and availability.

Seb, it will depend on how you got the CE. If you are married to a Peruvian, your spouse has to write a simple letter saying you are still married and living together. Besides that you need to make a payment, have your tax up to date, present a recent original of your marriage certificate, copy of spouse's DNI and the signed form requesting the residency renewal. Also carry your Passport and CE, of course with a simple photocopy per document (they do love photocopies!)
Regards,

Argidd
Amerijewvian3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Amerijewvian3 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:57 pm

I reviewed the website but I cannot locate where to actually sign up for an appointment. I am sure it's looking me straight in the face, but I was being hopeful someone has been down this road recently. It is all a different set up at Migraciones...I guess in some way they are trying to make it more organized, unfortunately I walked in there thinking everything was the same and was basically told, go make an appointment online and then come back.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Ameri... I'm sorry, I've searched the page, gone into servicios en línea, called (no answer), no where does it say you have to book an appointment. If you were told this I am sure it must be very recent and they might not have had the chance to change it yet.

Word of advice, and always with a smile on your face, when you are told something like that go back and say, "can you please tell me where/how?". In my experience when you are polite and play a little dumb, they respond nicely.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I wonder if they ever answer the phone...
Regards,

Argidd
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Just go to http://www.digemin.gob.pe The popup is right in your face with the link..
The problem is we never read popups anymore :shock:
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:50 pm

You are right! The problema is that if you go in through the direct link to the page you won't get it. You need to go in the main page.
Brilliant Fanning! :idea:
Regards,

Argidd
Amerijewvian3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Amerijewvian3 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Thank you Fanning, at least now there is a post updating this process for all you CE holders.
kpw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby kpw » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:08 pm

NEW:
When renewing your CE if you are married with a peruvian, then you will need to show a legalized marriage certificate (or apostilled) that is not older than 6 months.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register