Need help...

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Bigalrules

Need help...

Postby Bigalrules » Wed May 29, 2013 6:21 am

Sorry, but I need help and I don't know where else to turn. My brother-in-law is Peruvian, and has lived in the us for 6-7 years. He married my wife's sister 5 years ago, after she got pregnant. They bought a house in the us and have 2 young kids, ages 2 and 1. He now wants to move the family back to peru, against her wishes. What is concerning to us is his job- it seems very shady. His father is very wealthy , and is ready to retire, and is passing the job to him. My brother in law says he stands to make millions kin the next few years, retiring in 10 years. The supposed job? As a sales rep getting commission selling paper manufacturing equipment to companies in peru only. This seems insane. His father always needs him to stop in Miami to get money out for him before he visits peru, which also seems fishy, but who knows, can anyone think of a good reason for that? Thanks for your help....

caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Need help...

Postby caliguy » Thu May 30, 2013 5:51 pm

hey Bigal,
are you talking about paper mill machines?
i have a lot of experience in the paper industry and know where all the manufactures originate. China, Brazil and some European. i dont see how someone could make millions as a sales rep just selling paper manufacturing equipment to Peru. I export industrial machinery to South America, and in the past 5 years it has become very competitive due to the internet. in short, Peruvian will always look for the best deal on machinery, so his prices will have to be competitive with everyone else. maybe talk to your sister-in-law more about it.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
inscop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby inscop » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Maybe instead of making money, they are "making" money. Funny money.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Bigalrules wrote:Sorry, but I need help and I don't know where else to turn. My brother-in-law is Peruvian, and has lived in the us for 6-7 years. He married my wife's sister 5 years ago, after she got pregnant. They bought a house in the us and have 2 young kids, ages 2 and 1. He now wants to move the family back to peru, against her wishes. What is concerning to us is his job- it seems very shady. His father is very wealthy , and is ready to retire, and is passing the job to him. My brother in law says he stands to make millions kin the next few years, retiring in 10 years. The supposed job? As a sales rep getting commission selling paper manufacturing equipment to companies in peru only. This seems insane. His father always needs him to stop in Miami to get money out for him before he visits peru, which also seems fishy, but who knows, can anyone think of a good reason for that? Thanks for your help....

I suggest that he goes alone to Peru. When things work out and he's making million then your wife's sisters joins him with the kids.
But making millions working just as a sales rep? Sounds impossible.
SmartKitty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SmartKitty » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:36 pm

chi chi wrote:I suggest that he goes alone to Peru. When things work out and he's making million then your wife's sisters joins him with the kids.
But making millions working just as a sales rep? Sounds impossible.

Everything is possible in Peru. I met a Peruvian guy who started selling toilet paper and cleaning supplies to the companies and the government, he became a millionaire. Right connections and big contracts and it's a big money in Peru. If there is the father with an established business and network, not bad and it's not obligatory shadow business, industrial sales or wholesales... good, very good.
My name is Fortunata Carhuapoma, pies de plomo. I'm a modest serrano girl in polleras and alpargatas.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register