Brevetes A1

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brevetes A1

Postby marlia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:23 am

Hello all, I would like to get my Brevetes A1.
I took the course (3days), medical test, both cost S/. 230. Pay to Scotiabank S/.32.20 and Banco de Nacion S/. 24.5 When I went to Touring in Lince, they asked also for CERTIFICADO ESTUDIOS (Traduccion Oficial) and Certificado Domiciliario por Notario. I brought my University Certificate from my country (in English) but in order to apply to get Brevetes A1 in Touring Lince.

1. I have to legalize my University Certificate in my country Embassy cost USD 15 (3 working days)
2. legalize to Ministerio Relaciones Exteriores, the staff said it may cost USD 37.50 plus another fee in Soles (2 or 3 working days)
3. to translate into Spanish by Official Traductor, we asked them (in Jr. Miro Quesada 376) cost S/. 80 upto S/ 90.
To apply Brevetes A1 will cost so much more only for Certificado Estudios.
Maybe anybody can share your experience to get Brevetes A1 for foreigner in Peru?

PS: I have my country Driver License (but not International Driving Permit). But I cannot apply for "La Exoneracion de Manejo Presentar" because I do not have Certificado Emitido Por La Autoridad Competente Que Expidio La Licencia (cannot issued by Embassy)

Thank you.

marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Brevetes A1

Postby marlia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Hello, I would like to share some corrections, this morning went to Ministerio Relaciones Exteriores, paid USD 37.5 and S/. 23.5 and we got the legalization for my University Certificate. Thank you to Mr Edward Cruz who gave us lower fee for official translation, it cost S/. 50 (when others offered S/. 70 - S/. 90) , we need to collect next day at 11 AM. Then Touring, here I come again :P
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:58 am

Update, Certificado Domiciliario cost S/. 30 (3 working days) somebody from Notario will come to our house to make sure that I live according to the address that I gave to them for the Certificado Domiciliario, the next day in the morning, I need to come to Notario Office to sign it then in the afternoon I have to go back to pick it up. I live in San Martin de Porres (in this district so far I know only has 4 Notarios).
lesgiu
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby lesgiu » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:33 am

We didn't do Traduccion Oficial, only Traduccion Certificada by a Licensed Trasnlator.
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:45 am

Hello lesgiu, thank you for your information. May I know, what is the different between Traduccion Oficial and Traduction Certificada? and how much it cost?
lesgiu
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby lesgiu » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:54 am

Traduccion certificada doesn't need to be legalized by the embassy/ministerio, just get a certified copy from the Notario and take it to a translator. It is not a simple translation, it is a translation certified by Official Traductor.

It cost me 50 soles.
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:47 am

Hello lesgiu, after you submitted your required documents to Touring in Lince, after how many days did you get your driving exam date?
lesgiu
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby lesgiu » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:01 pm

You have to go to Conchan with all your documents (medical exam, written exam, payment at scotibank & banco de la nacion, certificado domiciliario, translation of your diploma, photo) for the driving test, not in Lince.

Check these very useful posts
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6433&p=43063&hilit=conchan#p43063
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Final update, I went for driving test this morning in Conchan. For practicing outside Touring cost S/.30 for renting a car, tutor and practicing the routes (Ruta A and Ruta B). Inside Touring, for renting car also cost S/. 30. You may get Ruta A or Ruta, depends on the staff there. And hurray....I passed the test, I will have my Driving Licence (Brevete A1) on Monday in Touring Lince. :D
ariel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ariel » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:32 pm

marlia wrote:Final update, I went for driving test this morning in Conchan. For practicing outside Touring cost S/.30 for renting a car, tutor and practicing the routes (Ruta A and Ruta B). Inside Touring, for renting car also cost S/. 30. You may get Ruta A or Ruta, depends on the staff there. And hurray....I passed the test, I will have my Driving Licence (Brevete A1) on Monday in Touring Lince. :D

Congrats, marlia. I got mine last April and had to go through all the theory--exam--practice driving--actual driving test process, even though I have DLs from two other countries. It took me almost a month but now I can pick up the car keys anytime and drive off anywhere without any apprehension, although I still keep a couple of S/.10 bills in my pocket in case the traffic cops get hungry and decide to stop me. In fact, I got flagged down on my way to Ica a couple of months ago, but got away easily when the officer saw that all my papers were in order. It cost me nada, too. :)

Don't forget to have with you all the time your car insurance (including SOAT), the trajeta the propriedad/registro, a copy of your CE or passport (bring the originals whenever you can), and your brand new Driver's License of course. But most of all, stay safe. I remember someone (here or elsewhere) saying that one way to be safe on the road is to think that all the other drivers are idiots. :D
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:00 pm

Thank you Ariel for your information :)
On Monday, after I got my Brevete A1, I need to apply Permiso Lunar Polarizada too
ariel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ariel » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:15 pm

marlia wrote:Thank you Ariel for your information :)
On Monday, after I got my Brevete A1, I need to apply Permiso Lunar Polarizada too

No problem. :)

I see you got a dark tint on your car, thus the Permiso Lunar Polarizada, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sure your reason for that is valid but just be aware that you might get flagged down on the road more often because of that, unless you're a diplomat with the right plate.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:08 pm

marlia wrote:.... I need to apply Permiso Lunar Polarizada too

If "lunas polarizadas" is an option and not a "must have", It is suggested not having this because it is going to be a good reason for traffic cops to stop you on the road, again and again.

Criminals prefer cars with "lunas polarizadas" because they don't want to be seen while committing robberies, kidnappings and things like that.... It is specially true when the windshield and the rest of the glasses are very dark tinted..

Paradoxically dark tinted glasses are used for not being seen by criminals..
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:09 pm

ariel wrote:Don't forget to have with you all the time your car insurance (including SOAT), the trajeta the propriedad/registro, a copy of your CE or passport (bring the originals whenever you can), and your brand new Driver's License of course. But most of all, stay safe. I remember someone (here or elsewhere) saying that one way to be safe on the road is to think that all the other drivers are idiots.

Also have your certificado de Inspeccion tecnica vehicular, as that is also required to have when your car is older than 3 or 4 years. You can get it at Lidercon in several places around the city. I always go to the south, just before Pachacamac.
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Really appreciate all the information :) Thank you Ariel, Windsportinperu and Fanning.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register