Do I have to transfer entry stamp to new passport?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Dutchiexx

Do I have to transfer entry stamp to new passport?

Postby Dutchiexx » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:18 pm

So my question is the following:
I recently received a new passport at my embassy here in Peru due to expiration. Next week I'm flying back to Europe and I was wondering if I have to transfer the entry stamp in my old passport to my new passport?

Thanks in advance!

Jalapenomel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Do I have to transfer entry stamp to new passport?

Postby Jalapenomel » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:31 pm

Yes.
Dutchiexx

Postby Dutchiexx » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:13 am

Do you or anyone else have experience with this matter? Can't I just bring my old passport along and show it to the immigration officer?

I'm on a tourist visa.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm also about to apply for a passport renewal as my current one has ten months left on it & needs to have a minimum of one year for me to be able to apply for my CE, so once I get my new passport how do I go about getting my entry stamp transferred from my current passport to my new one?
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:43 am

You have to go to DIGEMIN, pay around 20 soles, fill out a form and produce both new and old Passports. Always make sure you take at least one photocopy! You know how they love photocopies!!
Regards,

Argidd
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:13 pm

How do you get a new British Passport? Can someone provide some concrete info? How, where, how much etc?
Dutchiexx

Postby Dutchiexx » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Ok so I went to the local Immigration Office (Ilo) and they transferred the entry stamp from my old passport to my new one in just one day. I had to bring the following:
- Voucher from the Banco de la Nacion that shows that I paid 12.60 soles
- A photocopy of my old passport (personal information page and the page where the old stamp is)
- A photocopy of my new passport (personal information page and the blank page where the new stamp will be put)
- A photocopy of my TAM (Tarjeta Andina de Migraciones).

In case you don't have your old passport anymore (because you lost it or it was stolen), then you also have to bring a Police Report (denuncia).

It was a very fast procedure, but that might be due to the fact that I did it in Ilo. It may take longer in Lima of course.
gerard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gerard » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:19 pm

How do you get a new British Passport?

Just go here and follow the questions. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports. You need to send the paperwork to Washington. I did it a few weeks ago and it came out at £158 and took about 3 weeks, although I posted the forms in the US as I was there.

The passport comes back via DHL and they send you a tracking number when they despatch it so you can see when it is out for delivery as someone needs to sign for it.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Dutchiexx wrote:Ok so I went to the local Immigration Office (Ilo) and they transferred the entry stamp from my old passport to my new one in just one day. I had to bring the following:
- A photocopy of my old passport (personal information page and the page where the old stamp is)
- A photocopy of my new passport (personal information page and the blank page where the new stamp will be put)

In case you don't have your old passport anymore (because you lost it or it was stolen), then you also have to bring a Police Report (denuncia).

It was a very fast procedure, but that might be due to the fact that I did it in Ilo. It may take longer in Lima of course.

So I gather they sent you your old passport from the British embassy in the US & your new one from the UK,

I sent my current one to be renewed this week via Serpost secure mail which takes 10 days at a cost of s/. 39
DHL wanted s/. 275 for a 5 day delivery!

According to the UK passport page as I have 9 months left on my current passport my new passport will have 10 years & 9 months, so I won't lose anything on my current passport ;)
28 de julio
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 28 de julio » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:50 pm

chelsearob77 wrote:
Dutchiexx wrote:Ok so I went to the local Immigration Office (Ilo) and they transferred the entry stamp from my old passport to my new one in just one day. I had to bring the following:

So I gather they sent you your old passport from the British embassy in the US & your new one from the UK,

I sent my current one to be renewed this week via Serpost secure mail which takes 10 days at a cost of s/. 39

According to the UK passport page as I have 9 months left on my current passport my new passport will have 10 years & 9 months, so I won't lose anything on my current passport ;)

I had the same experience as Gerard, although I don´t remember using DHL. With my old passport, I just sent it by UPS to the office in Washington and a new one came back in a few weeks. It wasn´t particularly cheap. I think I paid a bit less than a few hundred quid. I´d have to check. Anyway, they´ve got all the info on the British Embassy Peru webpage that Gerald quotes. You don´t even need to go the embassy, just UPS with the relevant forms printed off the internet. Although I don´t think they use the regional centres any more, I think they´ve reorganised all back in the UK to save money.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:19 am

I recently got a new passport.
The process at Migraciones in Brena is quick and easy.

You have to pay 12.60 soles at Banco de la Nacion
Bring both your old and new passport and TAM.
Make a copy of the pages with your personal date of both passports.
Make copy of the page with your entry stamp of your old passport.
Make a copy of your TAM.

Go to the second floor at Migraciones a go to the counter straight in front of you. (not the usual ones on the left)
They will take your passport and you have to wait. After around 15 minutes you get your passport sback.
(Check that they have put your new TAM and stamp in your passport.
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Danny55 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:20 pm

chelsearob77 wrote:

Rob

Did the UK passport office send you back your old passport when you sent away for your new one?
I need to send mine away shortly and what to make sure that I can transfer the tourist stamp easily before applying for my CE?

Thanks
Dan
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Jalapenomel wrote:Yes.

Why does one have to do this in the first place? What can happen when he/she checks in at the airport? Do you believe the immigration officer will raise noise and won't let them out of the country if a person is just a tourist? Personally, I don't.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Danny55 wrote:
chelsearob77 wrote:

Rob

Did the UK passport office send you back your old passport when you sent away for your new one?
I need to send mine away shortly and what to make sure that I can transfer the tourist stamp easily before applying for my CE?

Thanks
Dan

Yes they send your old passport back from Washington & your new passport is sent to you from the UK,

Then you go to Migrations & get your entry stamp transferred from your old onto your new passport at a cost of S/. 12.60
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Danny55 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Thanks a lot Rob.
I have no idea why the passport would get returned from Washington, but so long as I get the old one back it will make life easier.

thanks again
Dan
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:37 pm

Danny55 wrote:Thanks a lot Rob.
I have no idea why the passport would get returned from Washington, but so long as I get the old one back it will make life easier.

thanks again
Dan

The British embassy in Washington D.C is where you will have to send your old passport to apply for a new one, so that's why

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register