Maximum time as Tourist in Peru per year?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
amigorick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Maximum time as Tourist in Peru per year?

Postby amigorick » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:00 pm

Recently when entering Peru the immigration officer told me that the maximum any person can stay in Peru is 183 days PER YEAR. Is this new as I thought before we could do a simple border hop or do a couple months aboard and re-enter a get additional 183 days without problem. Last year I was given two 183 day tourist visas. Have things changed? The Expat Peru article states that technically the 183 days is not per year,but per issuance. However I did an Internet search and found 183 maximum per year stated on some website.

Just wanted to check in with the community as I have' t read anything in the forums about a new 183 maximum days per year.

Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Maximum time as Tourist in Peru per year?

Postby Sergio Bernales » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:08 pm

It's still the same as before, but it appears that where you enter Peru and who the immigration officer is makes a difference. Here's the last big thread on it.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21410&start=90
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:10 am

amigorick wrote:Recently when entering Peru the immigration officer told me that the maximum any person can stay in Peru is 183 days PER YEAR.

He was probably after a tip to 'help you out'.
amigorick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby amigorick » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Sergio Bernales wrote:It's still the same as before, but it appears that where you enter Peru and who the immigration officer is makes a difference. Here's the last big thread on it.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21410&start=90

Thanks Sergio for the link. I had done a forum search using "Tourist visa" but that thread did not come up.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register