Help: Small store needed

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
irish84
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Help: Small store needed

Postby irish84 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:52 am

Hey guys,

I am looking for a small office/store that will be open to the public. It can be very small with literally space for 1 worker, a desk, laptop and telephone. We are thinking of something like a small locale in a gallery or commercial centre with rent of between $150/$200 per month.

Any ideas where I could start looking for one of these? Location is not crucial at all, almost anywhere in a relatively safe area will do

Cheers


panman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Help: Small store needed

Postby panman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:02 am

You might not find what you want, but you'll find a guide to realistic prices here.

http://www.vende.pe/lima/oficinas-en_alquiler
User avatar
americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 3841
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Lima

Re: Help: Small store needed

Postby americorps » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:33 pm

There were several little offices for rent in Centro Comercial Caminos del Inka in Surco, near Angamos con Caminos Del Inca. I rented an office there for 2 years for 150 per month plus 100 soles building fee.


There is not one singular renter, so it is best to walk in, see what is available and call the numbers on the windows.

There are 2 sides to the mall, the first side is saturated with womans botiques, but the second side, on the second and third floors, have a lot of assorted offices.
User avatar
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: Granada, Andalusia

Re: Help: Small store needed

Postby chi chi » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:07 am

My gf was used to rent a small store at GALLERIA SANTA PATRICIA in Magdalena Del Mar.

Most of the stores in that galleria are small and have a glass window and door. The galleria is very nice. There are several people who use a store as an office. It's an open gallery so no long dark corridors. But with nice balconies, and roofs with red slates. It looks like one of those swanky galleries you often find in expensive areas on the Caribbean Islands.

The area is safe and the galleria itself has several security officers that are there 24h a day. My gf had a computer, printer and some other expensive things in her office and never had any problems. The galleria is closed to the public from 10pm till 7am but as a tenant they will let you in if you want to work late.

There's a lawyer, a travel agent, a Western Union office and somebody who organises events for children has also an office there.
Although a very nice gallery, it's never crowded so excellent if you want to work quietly in your office.

They are quite fussy about who they want to rent too but if you can prove that you can pay the rent and just want to use it as an office then they will accept you. There head office in in San Isidro. I don't remember the address but just ask the security guards. They will give you the address and the list of documents you need to apply.
Noisy businesses or businesses selling food aren't allowed.

My gf paid $50 a month including cleaning of the communal areas and security. There's a minimum of a 6 months contract. You are not allowed to change the rubrio during the tenancy without consent of the management of the galleria.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:58 pm
Location: Lima, Peru

Re: Help: Small store needed

Postby argidd » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:50 am

El Conquistador, on block 2 of Conquistadores also has small áreas for rent, it's like a galleria. There are shops, restaurants, and hair salons. I don't think it must be too expensive, and it is in a nice área (heart of San Isidro).
Regards,

Argidd
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Help: Small store needed

Postby panman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:11 am

argidd wrote:El Conquistador, on block 2 of Conquistadores also has small áreas for rent, it's like a galleria. There are shops, restaurants, and hair salons. I don't think it must be too expensive, and it is in a nice área (heart of San Isidro).

I'd love to think you can get what the op's looking for in the heart of San Isidro for $150 - $200 per month but with property prices as they are, and San Isidro being the most expensive area in Lima if not the whole of Peru, I'd be very surprised.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:58 pm
Location: Lima, Peru

Re: Help: Small store needed

Postby argidd » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:48 am

panman wrote:
argidd wrote:El Conquistador, on block 2 of Conquistadores also has small áreas for rent, it's like a galleria. There are shops, restaurants, and hair salons. I don't think it must be too expensive, and it is in a nice área (heart of San Isidro).

I'd love to think you can get what the op's looking for in the heart of San Isidro for $150 - $200 per month but with property prices as they are, and San Isidro being the most expensive area in Lima if not the whole of Peru, I'd be very surprised.


I would have thought similar about Chacarilla, but look at how much the previous poster paid!
Just out of curiosity, I'll pop in there during lunch and see if I can get a figure. The place itself isn't the fanciest, that is why I don't think it will be too expensive.
Regards,

Argidd
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Help: Small store needed

Postby panman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:00 pm

argidd wrote:
panman wrote:
argidd wrote:El Conquistador, on block 2 of Conquistadores also has small áreas for rent, it's like a galleria. There are shops, restaurants, and hair salons. I don't think it must be too expensive, and it is in a nice área (heart of San Isidro).

I'd love to think you can get what the op's looking for in the heart of San Isidro for $150 - $200 per month but with property prices as they are, and San Isidro being the most expensive area in Lima if not the whole of Peru, I'd be very surprised.


I would have thought similar about Chacarilla, but look at how much the previous poster paid!
Just out of curiosity, I'll pop in there during lunch and see if I can get a figure. The place itself isn't the fanciest, that is why I don't think it will be too expensive.

Out of pure curiosity it would be very interesting if you did that.
My sister in law rents out a proprty in San Isdro and I'm for ever telling her that she should double the rent, but she's actually one of the few decent landlords the you'll come across in Peru and respects her elderly, long standing tenant.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register