tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

April 1st LAN TO SUSPEND FLIGHT OUT OF SFO

Postby tupacperu » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:57 am

http://www.aviationnews.net/?do=headline&news_ID=222865

LAN Peru To Suspend SFO Operations, Boost LAX Service
Sep 04, 2013 08:09 AM

LAN Peru announced that it will suspend operations out of San Francisco International Airport effective April 1, 2014, after nearly four years of service there. The last flight departing San Francisco to Lima will be on March 29, 2014.

In related news, the carrier said it will increase flights to 14 frequencies per week between Los Angeles and Lima using Boeing 787 aircraft.

calygirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: April 1st LAN TO SUSPEND FLIGHT OUT OF SFO

Postby calygirl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:05 am

That's not good news for me. We've been taking these non-stop flights from SFO since they started a few years go. Last year we took a late night flight and landed in Lima in the morning, which was a nice change from arriving at 1:30 a.m. Looks like now we go to back to leaving from LAX, after the one hour flight from SFO. Hope the schedules are flexible. Thanks for the info.
craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby craig » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:15 pm

calygirl wrote:That's not good news for me. We've been taking these non-stop flights from SFO since they started a few years go. Last year we took a late night flight and landed in Lima in the morning, which was a nice change from arriving at 1:30 a.m. Looks like now we go to back to leaving from LAX, after the one hour flight from SFO. Hope the schedules are flexible. Thanks for the info.

If I can't do it non-stop from SFO then I'm going to try Delta (SFO --> ATL --> LIM) to avoid LAX.
--
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. -- Thomas Jefferson
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:22 pm

craig wrote:If I can't do it non-stop from SFO then I'm going to try Delta (SFO --> ATL --> LIM) to avoid LAX.

It's quite a detour. You'll be quicker via LAX.
craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby craig » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:11 pm

chi chi wrote:
craig wrote:If I can't do it non-stop from SFO then I'm going to try Delta (SFO --> ATL --> LIM) to avoid LAX.

It's quite a detour. You'll be quicker via LAX.

Not really, if you look at the geography. Peru is as far east as the Atlantic seaboard and Atlanta is far south of the Pacific NW. To get to LAX you have to go directly south rather than east towards Peru which adds to the distance. It is about the same either way.
--
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. -- Thomas Jefferson
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:03 am

craig wrote:
calygirl wrote:That's not good news for me. We've been taking these non-stop flights from SFO since they started a few years go. Last year we took a late night flight and landed in Lima in the morning, which was a nice change from arriving at 1:30 a.m. Looks like now we go to back to leaving from LAX, after the one hour flight from SFO. Hope the schedules are flexible. Thanks for the info.

If I can't do it non-stop from SFO then I'm going to try Delta (SFO --> ATL --> LIM) to avoid LAX.

Try Jet Blue.. Starting LIma Nov 2013 also American Airlines from FT Worth/Dallas

Dallas/Fort Worth To Lima | Peru | American Airlines
www.aa.com/DallasToLima

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register