sending gifts to Peru from the US

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
BellbottomBlues
Gold Member
Gold Member

sending gifts to Peru from the US

Postby BellbottomBlues » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:03 pm

I would like to send a gift to my partners parents in Lima for Christmas, starting to plan ahead now in order to get it shipped on time.

He says not to worry about getting them anything, but this is something I want to do.

They are in their late 70s and retired….I am thinking of something like a gift of food that is typically American, etc.

Any suggestions on something from here that might be appreciated by Peruvians and how long it will take in the mail to reach Peru?

Thank you, BBB

caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: sending gifts to Peru from the US

Postby caliguy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:00 pm

i wouldn't recommend food, as they may not like it. maybe some good quality house slippers, or good quality bed linens that state "Made in the U.S.A." they are also not fragile products. as for the length of time for shipping, i would think not more than 7 business days.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:39 pm

I agree with Caliguy, they will probably not enjoy typical American food, especially if they are older people.
You could send them a gift basket but from Peru, these baskets are always very appreciated, and you can get basic baskets or more gourmet ones. http://www.canastasnavidenas.com/

If you want something "made in the US", Caliguy's suggestions are good, since those products (high quality ones) are expensive here. You could also send them some table linens with Christmas motives.
Regards,

Argidd
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Be aware that not all kind of food items can be sendet to Peru. Customs might confiscate some food items.
canastasdenavidad

Postby canastasdenavidad » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:13 pm

Okay bro, but you have to try other things and better. Try to send different gifts like Christmas baskets with the best quality products, at https://www.canastasdenavidad.pe we have a lot of variety of Christmas baskets. You must test our results as we have many years of experience in that area of ​​Christmas baskets. Executive Christmas Baskets, Corporate Christmas Baskets,
Christmas briefcases, Christmas basket with food.
Give something where the company's employees feel comfort and are in a company that values ​​work.
Our company is fully integrated from product design to final production.
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:55 pm

To "sailor",
Postage times from the US to Lima may only take 8-10 days to arrive in Lima....BUT, then through Customs and Snailmail-Serpost, can add another 2-3 weeks before actual deivery, or availability to collect from Serpost,IF the parcel is deemed to large for the postie to take on his bike.
Prioriy mail from the US can shorten that time a bit.
Cheers,
W

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register