Health Insurance for Expats in Peru?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
LJK

Health Insurance for Expats in Peru?

Postby LJK » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Hello everyone! I am planning to live in Peru for an indefinite period of time (I depart in a few days)

I have taken the precaution of buying travel insurance, I pay 65 USD / month for travel health coverage.

I don't know what the cost of health care is like in Peru but I was wondering what other expats in Peru do? Is it more affordable to pay out of pocket should the need for health care arise or is this insurance a good choice as a long-term investment?

argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Health Insurance for Expats in Peru?

Postby argidd » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:33 pm

It depends where you go. I think insurance is an investment. This is, if you are not legal I don't think you can purchase local insurance.
Regards,

Argidd
e-peruvian
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby e-peruvian » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:37 pm

There is a banner add for health insurance in Peru directly above your posting. it is by Cigna Insurance www.cignaglobal.com. You might want to check it out
JanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby JanD » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:10 am

available irrespective of nationality?
Last edited by JanD on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mickd
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby mickd » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:12 am

Hello,
I hope that this is of some help. I am British married to a Peruvian, and I went to the Maison de Sante, and was signed onto their system with no problem at all. They have clinics in San Isidro, and Miraflores,and other parts in Lima. The cost per month for my wife and I, is $49. We are not able to claim for the first 3 months, and thereafter we are then covered. 90% of tablets/meds are covered, and also payments for their clinics. Because we only stay in Peru for periods of up to 3 months, we keep the fees going by payments on the internet. They are efficient.
P.S. At the initial interview/examination they do stress that pre-existing conditions were not covered,which I believe is normal practice anywhere.
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:42 am

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register