Piura - Hostal/Hospedaje/Hotel Recomendation

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Piura - Hostal/Hospedaje/Hotel Recomendation

Postby ironchefchris » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:47 am

Can anyone recommend a decent, yet inexpensive hostel or hotel in Piura? Our plane arrives at night and we check out in the morning so I'd rather spend the money on nicer accommodations at the beach. A pool, A/C, cable, etc. not necessary; looking for basic and clean. Lonely Planet recommends Hospedaje San Carlos and a more expensive option (S/.120 for 2 people) that has been recommended to me is Hotel La Coruña. Anyone have experience with either or a favorite of their own that fits my needs?

19naia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Piura - Hostal/Hospedaje/Hotel Recomendation

Postby 19naia » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:32 pm

I just got back from piura decmber 4,2014.. Piura is far from the beach and paita is the nearest beach town that may be worth while,possibly an hour away from piura...the popular beaches are a few hours away further north....i went to downtown piura near the river bridges=central downtown with the malls near by and many scattered hotels or hostal=local style hotel...the quality cheap ones were all around 50 soles...i paid 40 soles for one around the central downtown mall and then paid 50 soles for a 2 star rated hotel(that works to justify its 2 star plaque out front,i been to others with a dusty 2 star plaque and the rest follows the same neglect).. The one for 50 soles was near the real plaza mall a mile or 2 from downtown central,i walked the distance....the hotels average 40 to 50 soles for basic quality and amenities like wi fi and fans....air conditioning in piura is worthy and then its a higher price or the same in lesser districts....80 soles in piura should be fine but if you arrive the airport,you can likely find taxis to know just where to take you if you speak his language...120 soles will be the nice resort stuff,pool,ac,breakfast included if not more....dont worry about the right spot,the taxi will know the district fitting your description,if you go out of piura to the beach towns,they are basically narrow strips of beach front drive with hotels where a short drive along the full length and back will show you all thats offered...if you can pay 120soles,you can pay extra $2 bucks to a taxi to drive the beach front strip and back for an over view of what lodgeings are there...
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi Chris I stayed here two years ago and thought it was fine for one night.

http://www.hotelsanjose.com.pe/es_tarifas.html
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:38 pm

Well, more than you asked for since it has cable but no flat-screen just TV though sadly the late night adult channel can be snowy; clean and large rooms but nothing fancy; private bath with shower, well, no bath just shower and toilet; the towels nicely monogrammed with hotel name though not professionally embroidered just hand crafted with indelible ink; no bellhop but friendly staff willing to help; wifi; salon with a couple of leather couches, well, maybe faux leather; well located (a few blocks from the plaza downtown); safe area beside a park with a bunch of playground equipment for your swinging pleasure. S/.3 from the airport by mototaxi, modest place costing a whopping wallet emptying S/.35 per night for simple (so guessing S/.45 matrimonial). See pm for coordinates.
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:11 pm

Hello Chris,

maybe this can help you:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g2656 ... otels.html
28°N 82°W
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby 28°N 82°W » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:30 am

teamoperu wrote:Well, more than you asked for since it has cable but no flat-screen just TV though sadly the late night adult channel can be snowy; clean and large rooms but nothing fancy; private bath with shower, well, no bath just shower and toilet; the towels nicely monogrammed with hotel name though not professionally embroidered just hand crafted with indelible ink; no bellhop but friendly staff willing to help; wifi; salon with a couple of leather couches, well, maybe faux leather; well located (a few blocks from the plaza downtown); safe area beside a park with a bunch of playground equipment for your swinging pleasure. S/.3 from the airport by mototaxi, modest place costing a whopping wallet emptying S/.35 per night for simple (so guessing S/.45 matrimonial). See pm for coordinates.

I might be in Piura later in the year.
That sounds like my kind of place.
Can you pm me for coordinates, too?
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:54 pm

teamoperu wrote:Well, more than you asked for since it has cable but no flat-screen just TV though sadly the late night adult channel can be snowy; clean and large rooms but nothing fancy; private bath with shower, well, no bath just shower and toilet; the towels nicely monogrammed with hotel name though not professionally embroidered just hand crafted with indelible ink; no bellhop but friendly staff willing to help; wifi; salon with a couple of leather couches, well, maybe faux leather; well located (a few blocks from the plaza downtown); safe area beside a park with a bunch of playground equipment for your swinging pleasure. S/.3 from the airport by mototaxi, modest place costing a whopping wallet emptying S/.35 per night for simple (so guessing S/.45 matrimonial). See pm for coordinates.

Exactly as described; thanks for the recommendation. Was a bit noisy past midnight, probably due to the location. Also fairly noisy in the early morning. But clean with a nice staff. Next time will try Sergio Bernales' recomendation.

I always check Tripadvisor and similar sites, but I like hearing from expats, in addition to tourists, as they often have insight on the places that don't get written up - or their brother-in-law runs a hotel, etc..
28°N 82°W
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby 28°N 82°W » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:43 pm

What I hate is a noisy bed that squeaks.
When you have a partner with you, it's sounds like dueling bedsprings.

But to me the most important thing is a tidy room.
I'm somewhat of a Felix Unger type. Lol!
flakybandit

Postby flakybandit » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:04 am

Anyone know this hostal teamoperu is talking about I am arriving there tomorrow and need a decent cheap hostal pmed him but no reply thanks in advance
28°N 82°W
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby 28°N 82°W » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:26 pm

flakybandit wrote:

Anyone know this hostal teamoperu is talking about I am arriving there tomorrow and need a decent cheap hostal pmed him but no reply thanks in advance

Guess teamo and ironchef are occupied but here it is:

Hostal COSTA NORTE, 857 Huancavelica, Piura 073-301807
flakybandit

Postby flakybandit » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:31 am

Thanks man
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:27 am

Sergio's recommendation was fully booked the night we needed a room, but I can recommend the Hotel La Coruña in Santa Isabel. S/. 100 for a matrimonial.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register