Womens Shoes - Larger sizes

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
cuyguy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Womens Shoes - Larger sizes

Postby cuyguy » Fri May 30, 2014 11:46 am

Does anyone know where I can find some women's dress flats size 9 U.S. I'm not sure but I think that's size 42 or 44. The largest size I have found were size 40. Is there anywhere I can find larger sizes? Or does anyone have any advice about this subject.
The super glue I was using to hold my black work shoes together is no longer going to solve the problem. I need new shoes. :?

sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Womens Shoes - Larger sizes

Postby sunflower » Sat May 31, 2014 5:15 pm

I feel with you. I have shoe size 41 and it's nearly impossible to find shoes here this size or larger. A few month ago I found 1 (!!!) really nice pair at Payless Shoes at Angamos Plaza, sometimes the branch in Miraflores on Av. Larco near the Ovalo has women shoes size 41 and 42. The offer is very, very, very limited, if they have any at all. Even though the quality isn't that good, prices are ok and people like us unfortunately have to buy what they get.

The key when having big feet here is to "maintain" the shoes you have - NO super glue, but get your shoes to one of these great old shoemakers; they really can do wonders even with completely ruined shoes for exceptional low prices.
randomperson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby randomperson » Sat May 31, 2014 9:43 pm

I'm coming to Lima this Thursday and doing some last minute shopping in the San Francisco Bay Area. Would not mind bringing a pair or 2 if you want to PM me with a link to mainstream store style and size.
cuyguy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby cuyguy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:57 pm

randomperson wrote:I'm coming to Lima this Thursday and doing some last minute shopping in the San Francisco Bay Area. Would not mind bringing a pair or 2 if you want to PM me with a link to mainstream store style and size.

Thank you so much for offering. That is extremely nice of you to just offer to bring a complete stranger some shoes. That's cool. :D

I actually found a pair though, so it wont be necessary. I went to the Larcomar and found a pair of size 9s. Super expensive but hopefully I can take care of these and keep them a while. Thanks Sunflower for the advice. I appreciate that too.

Take care everybody.
Nemoshark
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Nemoshark » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:21 pm

I share your problem, I'm a size 40 or 41 depending on the shoe design. Last weekend a saleswoman insistently tried for 5mins to jam my foot into a size 40,and told me it fits good when I sit down. Having failed to sell me on that speech she then tried to sell me a pair of mens shoes claiming they're the same as women's. Another salesman also tried to sell me mens shoes.
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Oh yes that's sounds so familiar. :) There might be no difference when it comes to running shoes or climbing boots (which in Peru I bought in the mens section), but until now I never saw dress flats or high heels for men and think that mens dress shoes might look a bit funny with my suit or dress gown. :wink:

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register