DIGEMIN Incompetence and injustice exposed on peruvian tv

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
El Tunche
Gold Member
Gold Member

DIGEMIN Incompetence and injustice exposed on peruvian tv

Postby El Tunche » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:57 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=fCO3a8MpbEQ

The video is in spanish, but is about how Migraciones is destroying the lives of three expats on Peru.

chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: DIGEMIN Incompetence and injustice exposed on peruvian tv

Postby chi chi » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:05 am

Why don't they just stay away from Migraciones? They should know that migraciones is a corrupt organisation.

Just stay in Peru and pay a fine when you borderhop. What's the problem?
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:22 am

chi chi wrote:Why don't they just stay away from Migraciones? They should know that migraciones is a corrupt organisation.

What's the problem? Pay the fine? When, when they are booted out of the country? Did you actually listen to the video before commenting?

The report said nothing about corruption, it reported on injustices. Your hatchet job slandering Peru and Peruvians once again rises to the surface.

The report is a bit of a wake up call for some, methinks.
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:00 am

The first two cases, I would say, are very good examples on why you should follow the rules. Doing things underhanded, or trying to get around the system, as some recommend here, can only cause you problems. Look at the US. We know that the illegals in the US are not all criminals. Well technically they are because they are violating immigration laws, but they don't rob banks and deal in drugs and such. ( Immigration and Nationality Act Section 237 (a)(1)(B) which says: "Any alien who is present in the United States in violation of this Act or any other law of the United States is deportable." ) Most just work hard and want a better life. But that looking the other way in this issue has caused the US major problems. What to do with 20 million or more illegals now? It is interesting to see how most latin American countries have very stringent laws concerning immigrants. The report uses the phrase "Illegal immigrant" normally, while in the US it is taboo to say that phrase on most news broadcasts. Immigration is a slippery slope. Let some in, look the other way, give some a break. Where does it stop? If you enter a country illegally, or over stay your visa, expect to be deported.

The last case, she is getting a raw deal. She followed the rules. Someone in authority should step in and review her case.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:06 pm

captcosmic wrote:The first two cases, I would say, are very good examples on why you should follow the rules. Doing things underhanded, or trying to get around the system, as some recommend here, can only cause you problems. Look at the US. We know that the illegals in the US are not all criminals. Well technically they are because they are violating immigration laws, but they don't rob banks and deal in drugs and such. ( Immigration and Nationality Act Section 237 (a)(1)(B) which says: "Any alien who is present in the United States in violation of this Act or any other law of the United States is deportable." ) Most just work hard and want a better life. But that looking the other way in this issue has caused the US major problems. What to do with 20 million or more illegals now? It is interesting to see how most latin American countries have very stringent laws concerning immigrants. The report uses the phrase "Illegal immigrant" normally, while in the US it is taboo to say that phrase on most news broadcasts. Immigration is a slippery slope. Let some in, look the other way, give some a break. Where does it stop? If you enter a country illegally, or over stay your visa, expect to be deported.

The last case, she is getting a raw deal. She followed the rules. Someone in authority should step in and review her case.

The last case looks to me a bit weird. I guess it's not entirely digemin's fault: I think the lady just "forgot" to change her status when she got divorced to "divorciada" and then when she re-married digemin saw the irregularity and instead of just fining her made things worse and more complicated. The bureaucratic machine just smashed the lady!
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:28 am

chi chi wrote:Why don't they just stay away from Migraciones? They should know that migraciones is a corrupt organisation.

I think the title of this thread is a little misleading. Badly managed, but the signs are there. Peru is waking up to the practise of illegal immigration. They give their visitors free entry visas, which can last up to six months, expecting these to be honoured and have only imposed fines if anybody overstays their welcome. This could change at any time, due to the abuse of the system. The cost and implications of applying for a visa to visit other countries make it impossible for the average Peruvian to travel and enjoy the same benefits freely given by Peru. It is totally disrespectful and arrogant to believe you can be above the law and yet it is a simple process to visit Peru and stay within the law.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:01 am

adrian Thorne wrote:Peru is waking up to the practise of illegal immigration. They give their visitors free entry visas, which can last up to six months, expecting these to be honoured and have only imposed fines if anybody overstays their welcome. This could change at any time, due to the abuse of the system. The cost and implications of applying for a visa to visit other countries make it impossible for the average Peruvian to travel and enjoy the same benefits freely given by Peru. It is totally disrespectful and arrogant to believe you can be above the law and yet it is a simple process to visit Peru and stay within the law.

If Peru starts introducing visas and charging money for that for visitors then tourism will suffer.
Illegal immigrants don't have an impact on the economy in Peru. Only a few backpackers work illegally as English teachers. Most immigrants only spend money which is good for the economy.

I wouldn't even think of working in Peru. My gf and I ran a lavandería. Too much work and little money.
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:21 am

chi chi wrote:. Only a few backpackers work illegally as English teachers. Most immigrants only spend money which is good for the economy.

chi chi, so are you saying the only illegal immigrants in Peru are gringos?
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:34 am

chi chi wrote:If Peru starts introducing visas and charging money for that for visitors then tourism will suffer.
Illegal immigrants don't have an impact on the economy in Peru. Only a few backpackers work illegally as English teachers. Most immigrants only spend money which is good for the economy.

I wouldn't even think of working in Peru. My gf and I ran a lavandería. Too much work and little money.

Ah but you have just admitted you did work illegally in Peru.
I am only stating a fact. There is no mention of a reason for being here. The law is the law and anybody who flouts it are well warned "Big Brother" is watching. I suggest Chi Chi you keep one eye over your shoulder and be ready for that knock on your door. With your collection of criminal activities they may well throw the book at you.
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:51 am

In response to the suggestion that tourism might suffer from tighter control/visa fees, I think not.
The cost of a real holiday in Peru, from Europe or North America is high and those who can afford to come and spend their money here would not be detered by having to pay a democratic visa fee.
I'm talking about the people who pay to stay in the numerous quality hotels now on offer in Peru, not the 20 Soles a night, border hopping backpacker.
TonyLeslie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby TonyLeslie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:48 pm

chi chi wrote:If Peru starts introducing visas and charging money for that for visitors then tourism will suffer.

According to Mercopress, South Atlantic News agency (Uraguay) the tourist figures in Chile increased 13% against the average increase of 6% for South America. 2013 figures. Chile charges $95.00 US recriprocal fee for Australians (Up from $61.00) yet Australian visitors to Chile increased by 37.3%.

Just proves Chi Chi's theory is wrong. Nothing new there I suppose.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register