Adoption

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
hennekea
Silver Member
Silver Member

Adoption

Postby hennekea » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:35 am

Within 9 months, I'll be a Peruvian citizen. One of the reasons I'm pursuing this is the possibility of adoption. I heard that it's free and relatively easy. Does anyone have any info? What if I adopted 2 kids, and then took them back to USA to share / give / whatever to an infertile relative. Would that even be possible? And how much $$$ does it cost to take your Peruvian adopted kids and make them into American citizens.

panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Adoption

Postby panman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:28 pm

I hate to sound awful but, I would like to think that what you have in mind might be highly illegal.
Obviously you are going to have to go through some sort of vetting process, and it will be you who will be being scrutinized with regards to being a suitable parent, not the person you might be thinking of giving, sharing or whatever the children with.
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:25 pm

If you are an american citizen, and you adopt a child under 18 on foriegn soil, they become us citizens. If you adopt on us soil, they have to be 15 or under. And i would not ghink it a good idea to adopt a child to "give them away. " IMHO.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:55 pm

I am curious to know what makes you think you will become a citizen in 9 months. There is another recent post on someone's 2 yr mission to become a citizen, with a high possibility of failure.

With that said. I have heard it is much easier for foreigners to adopt kids, than Peruvians.

And about adopting 2x1, and giving away one kid... you are talking about a kid, not a cat, right?
After all the legal paperwork that must be put into place, I think you will have to go through a lot to "give that kid away, or whatever".
Regards,

Argidd
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Danny55 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:15 pm

argidd wrote:I am curious to know what makes you think you will become a citizen in 9 months. There is another recent post on someone's 2 yr mission to become a citizen, with a high possibility of failure.

I have the same question.
hennekea
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby hennekea » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:44 pm

As far as "giving a kid away" --- yeah, I know that sounds bad, but it was just my thought that it could be a good thing for everyone. And if it didn't work out, well I've always wanted more kids, and particularly I've always wanted to adopt a child in need.

As far as becoming a citizen, everything has gone fine so far, and I don't expect any insurmountable obstacles. The citizenship process is just pretty fast here in Peru - basically just 2 years, a lot of hassles, and a bit of $$$. But I'm married to a Peruvian.
hennekea
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby hennekea » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:23 pm

OK, I just had a less-controversial thought. Maybe as a "Peruvian insider" who "understands the system" (hehe, anybody who can understand the system here?) Maybe I could sort of walk a relative thru the foreign adoption process, and help with paperwork and things. I hadn't thought that Peru did international adoptions, but apparently they do. Does anyone have any resources for international adoptions from Peru?
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:33 am

hennekea wrote:OK, I just had a less-controversial thought. Maybe as a "Peruvian insider" who "understands the system" (hehe, anybody who can understand the system here?) Maybe I could sort of walk a relative thru the foreign adoption process, and help with paperwork and things. I hadn't thought that Peru did international adoptions, but apparently they do. Does anyone have any resources for international adoptions from Peru?

For the sake of being polite, all I can say is that words escape me.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:23 am

I did the whole Adoption process but your thoughts and comments are totally absurd. I would politely ask that you do not see this through and that you make no more posts on this thread or any other thread elsewhere. I cannot believe the things I am reading from you.
hennekea
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby hennekea » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:10 pm

OK, Lloyd, you say you did the whole adoption process, but consider my dreams of adoption as "absurd." Care to clarify? You don't even know me, so why do you think I'm such a bad person?

Why don't you tell me more about the adoption process, or refer me to a web-site or office. I think that would be a bit more helpful.
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:44 pm

hennekea wrote:OK, Lloyd, you say you did the whole adoption process, but consider my dreams of adoption as "absurd." Care to clarify? You don't even know me, so why do you think I'm such a bad person?

maybe you should edit your post, and take the adoption process a little more seriously.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:48 pm

caliguy wrote:
hennekea wrote:OK, Lloyd, you say you did the whole adoption process, but consider my dreams of adoption as "absurd." Care to clarify? You don't even know me, so why do you think I'm such a bad person?

maybe you should edit your post, and take the adoption process a little more seriously.

Ah, the adoption process. And here's me thinking we were talking about child trafficking.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:38 am

hennekea wrote:Why don't you tell me more about the adoption process, or refer me to a web-site or office. I think that would be a bit more helpful.

Not in a million years.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:44 am

panman wrote:
caliguy wrote:

Ah, the adoption process. And here's me thinking we were talking about child trafficking.

^ This.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register