Transferring Residency passport stamp

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Transferring Residency passport stamp

Postby Lloyd007 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:29 am

Is it necessary to make an appointment with Migraciones to transfer a residency stamp from old passport to new passport or can I just go and turn up? Did their times of attention to the public change?

I looked on their web page but couldn't find any info about transferring stamps from old to new passport. Is there any cost involved?

Can anyone help who has experience in this please?

Thank you,

Lloyd

sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transferring Residency passport stamp

Postby sunflower » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:08 pm

I'm waiting for my new passport as well and was also seaching how it works on the Migraciones website.

Check out "Registro de Extranjeros" - Traslado de Sello http://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.php ... migrantes/

Seems to be an easy process without appointment. Fill out form F-002, pay S/. 19.40 at Banco de la Nacion and have your original and a copy of your new passport with you. The old passport isn't mentioned; but I would have it with me as well.

Probably when you managed transferring your residency stamp, you could share your experience.
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm

I think this is two differente tramites.
One is the actual transferring of the stamp, and the other is a new carnet with the new passport number printed on it.

I remember I only did the 'transfer of stamp' and they told me I could use the 'old' carnet with the old passport number only when I actually took the old passport with me on a foreign trip. Because I didn't do a foreign trip and anyway I think a year later all the sticker spaces were full, so I had to get a new CE anyway.

Some years ago I naturalized to Peruvian, and for me there are no more tramites in Migraciones. Just travel with my DNI throughout South America, and to Europe/USA with my Peruvian passport to leave and enter Peru, and my Dutch passport to enter/leave Europe/USA.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:12 am

fanning I think this is two differente tramites.
One is the actual transferring of the stamp, and the other is a new carnet with the new passport number printed on it.

It's actually three tramites: "traslado de sellos", "cambio de datos" (they have to enter your new passport number in your file) and "duplicado de carnet"(the issuance of a new residence card). Each of them has a price, of course, and your carnet will be invalid if you happen to miss one of these procedures.
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:43 am

3 tramites just because of a new passport???? I can't believe it.

Why is Peru making it so complicated to have your documents in order?
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:11 am

ah, man! Three tramites... it makes sense but what a pain in the ass. And I suppose it is all ''personal'' so I can't just send someone to do it for me with a carta de poder, right? I guess they'll take a new photo for the new carnet?

I'm not doing it for a month or so as my Prorroga isn't due until end of November (work visa).
craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby craig » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:06 am

Does the Peruvian CE number stay the same?

Also, can anyone shed any light on transferring a residency stamp and getting a new carnet de extranjeria when changing passports from a passport from one country to a new passport from another country? Is it possible? If so, is it the same procedure as when the two passports are from the same country?
--
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. -- Thomas Jefferson
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Lloyd007 wrote:ah, man! Three tramites... it makes sense but what a pain in the ass. And I suppose it is all ''personal'' so I can't just send someone to do it for me with a carta de poder, right? I guess they'll take a new photo for the new carnet?

I'm not doing it for a month or so as my Prorroga isn't due until end of November (work visa).

The first two can be done by your representative but the third tramite, i.e. the issuance of a new carnet is to be done in person, yes, they'll have to take a new photo of you for the new residence card. And thank God, they don't change the CE number, it remains the same!

Regarding your prorroga, if I were you I would check this out in DIGEMIN. You might be having trouble getting your residence visa extended with your new passport since the passport number will be different. So, maybe, you'd better do the three tramites before your visa expires.
Last edited by mammamia on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:29 pm

craig wrote:
Also, can anyone shed any light on transferring a residency stamp and getting a new carnet de extranjeria when changing passports from a passport from one country to a new passport from another country? Is it possible? If so, is it the same procedure as when the two passports are from the same country?

I guess, you'll have to do the "cambio de datos tramite" indicating a different nationality and a different passport number respectively. But, you never know, maybe there's a different procedure for changing nationality as well.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:56 pm

We did three things:

1. Traslado de sello - Done - No appointment needed
2. Actualizacion de datos - Done - No appontment needed
3. Got an appointment for my Prorroga de Residencia for end of November. No earlier appointments were available!

The 'Duplicado de Carnet' is only done after all your stickers are complete on your current card.

Note: For people that need the anual sticker for extending their residency 'Prorroga' (not the $20 one done in Jan-March), you need to book an appointment waaaaaaaay in advance, at least TWO MONTHS, so you don't run the risk of missing your deadline expiry date.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register