OLX? MercadoLibre?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

OLX? MercadoLibre?

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Anyone have any experience either buying or selling on either? Apparently there's no fees with OLX whereas MercadoLibre charges listing fees and commissions.

tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: OLX? MercadoLibre?

Postby tupacperu » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:34 pm

ironchefchris wrote:Anyone have any experience either buying or selling on either? Apparently there's no fees with OLX whereas MercadoLibre charges listing fees and commissions.

Bought my home on OLX (Pimentel). I browse MercadoLibre but never bought anything.
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:35 pm

I like Adoos.com.pe better
mammamia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammamia » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:49 pm

I always buy on Linio. It's not exactly the same as OLX or MercadoLibre (one cannot sell anything there) but sometimes they have good deals on licenced software.
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:20 pm

been using OLX for quite some time with very good results. (from a sellers standpoint.)
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
danjaker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby danjaker » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:15 pm

They are both free to buy and sell... Paid options come with added features (when you read the headings on the website when you post, it clearly explains this) . I have ought and sold through both.. Basically like a craigslist.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:44 pm

danjaker wrote:They are both free to buy and sell... Paid options come with added features (when you read the headings on the website when you post, it clearly explains this) . I have ought and sold through both.. Basically like a craigslist.

You can also put a free add on ElComercio.pe

Just expect a phone from their office a few days later where they try to sell you a paid add. But if you tell them that you aren't interested, they still leave your free add on their website.
jvimage
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jvimage » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:07 am

Over the years both OLX and Mercado have worked well for me to sell high end items like photo/video equipment. Mercado will charge fees. Craigslist, Peru is gaining momentum but is not quite there yet.

Also, posting in the Expat forums has been great to advertise a moving sale gearing up to leave Peru in April. Pretty much everything sold fellow expats.
be as you are
crazytacoperu.com
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby crazytacoperu.com » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:27 pm

mammamia wrote:I always buy on Linio. It's not exactly the same as OLX or MercadoLibre (one cannot sell anything there) but sometimes they have good deals on licenced software.

I didn't even think you could get licensed software in Peru, since Photoshop is sold by the disk for 2.50, and SQL Server 2012 cost 3 soles.
..A Peruvian once asked me:what's the difference between special and abnormal?.....well my answer was : Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus..

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register