"We need more Machu Picchus across the country

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

"We need more Machu Picchus across the country

Postby tupacperu » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:22 pm

Been saying this for years. Peru is a one trick pony, they ride them pony into the ground. First the mining shoe fell, now Peru is looking at economic diversification, So Peru doesn't t want to get caught with their pants down should MP Tourism is over capacity (2500 tourist per day):

http://gestion.pe/economia/turismo-nece ... is-2110288

"We need more Machu Picchus across the country"
Friday, October 03, 2014

ECONOMIA06:43
URS Schaerer, Dean of the Faculty of management in hospitality and tourism from the UPC, says that the authorities should focus on developing new tourist places and consolidating the North-Eastern circuit of the Peru.

Barbara Salas Vanini
[email protected]
We need more Machu Picchus for tourism "to the next level". Urs Schaerer was thus expressed to evaluate the development of the sector in the Peru. The Dean of the Faculty of management in hospitality and tourism from the UPC maintains is needed to consolidate new positions as the North-Eastern circuit.

"The sector, like any economic activity, have their ups and downs. What is missing now is to take it to the next level. We need to do more to open the country and not only depend on Cusco, Machu Picchu. We need more Machu Picchus across the country,"he said.

Professor Schaerer indicates that the State as a whole must make basic efforts in infrastructure or water services to viable private tourist projects.

"Something very important for me is the North. The North-Eastern circuit start by Caral, chico norte, Trujillo, Chiclayo, Chachapoyas, a part of the forest, the moche route. They would be measures to create a significant flow of tourists,"he added.

The Peruvian tourism is not the big beach resorts. Always has been characterized by an experiential, adventure tourism, and "cultural tourism", Machu Picchu and Caral, which, despite the figures, no summons million tourists.

The opportunities to explore other types of tourism is in the bird watching and tourism of congresses and conventions, according to Urs.

Profile of tourists
The Dean of the UPC says that the tourist has undergone a process of sophistication. It requires more of the tourist services, but not necessarily willing to pay more for it.

"The tourist, anywhere in the world, has sophisticated, is more demanding. You can read through the Internet pages you are looking for, can verify, put their criticism. Not so much in what you're spending but what is required", explained.

Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: "We need more Machu Picchus across the country

Postby Guiri » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:51 pm

No offense but the tourism faculties in Peru are fu...ng useless :twisted: They certainly dont need another Machu Picchu they only have to develope what is already there but they dont do it...its really sad to see!
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Guiri wrote:No offense but the tourism faculties in Peru are fu...ng useless :twisted: They certainly dont need another Machu Picchu they only have to develope what is already there but they dont do it...its really sad to see!

I couldn't agree more. I've discovered places on my own that even my Peruvian colleagues have never heard of, let alone visited.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:33 am

When most people go on vacation, they want to rest, sunbath and hang around the pool or beach. Especially people with kids.

Because of the economic crisis, people spend less on vacations.

For only the cost of a flight to Peru, you can get an all inclusive vacations in a luxury resort in the Canary Islands, Greece, Cuba and many more destinations.

Peru attracts mostly backpackers that want to travel off the beaten track and spend as less money as possible.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Another bs post by chichi – folks, just think the opposite of what chichi says and you'll be right more often than not.

I agree, Peru needs more diversification of tourism, but not sure you need to be a distinguished professor to conclude that. Steps are being taken to develop the north for tourism (just yesterday I coincidentally passed through Aypate, the Machu Picchu of the north) and agree the northern circuit (the places the professor mentions and more) is well worth developing. I read he is talking about a circuit, more than just individual sites that are by themselves already fabulous.

But lets not be foreign-centric. Tourism in Peru is not just international tourism, domestic tourism is riding high, probably a precursor of more to come. But yes, develop it and they will come, (as per, Field of Dreams).

And to the suggestion Peru is not doing something to develop diversified tourism is quite misinformed. You only need to go to some of the recently improved or built tourist sites to know how stupid a comment that is. Museum of the Royal Tombs of Sipan anyone? These Mocha era tombs were discovered in 1987 and a years ago a wonderful modern museum was completed. If you haven't gone, do go. The Sipan gold work is fabulous and the spider's globes are amongst my favourite antiquities in Peru – I go just to sit in awe admiring them. BTW, about 80% of the visitors to this incredible museum (and dig site and Pyramides) are Peruvian. Maybe they know something chichi and giuri do not.
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:38 pm

teamoperu wrote:
1....... is well worth developing.

2...., domestic tourism is riding high, probably a precursor of more to come.

3 .And to the suggestion Peru is not doing something to develop diversified tourism is quite misinformed. You only need to go to some of the recently improved or built tourist sites to know how stupid a comment that is. Museum of the Royal Tombs of Sipan .

What a bunch of nonsens!

TO 1. The universities had already since 2006 where the government at this time decided to start a major tourism offensive...what happened since then ...barely nothing !
TO 2. This is actually true in terms of sex tourism...I only have to look out of the window right now because I am in Iquitos...its a sad sight.
TO 3. I was speaking in general and you come up with one recently developed tourism sight..come on? :? Lets go to Chachapoyas, Pucallpa and Cajamarca ,which would have endless resources to do quality tourism and...??? Zero, nepia, nix!!
And as I mentioned Iquitos ,the pearl of the jungle...if anybody had slightly interest to develop the city ,they should start with the airport and the roads.

No, my friend , if you really wnat to know how its done right in an emerging second world country , you should visit Angola! :wink:
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Guiri wrote:
teamoperu wrote:

3 .And to the suggestion Peru is not doing something to develop diversified tourism is quite misinformed. You only need to go to some of the recently improved or built tourist sites to know how stupid a comment that is. Museum of the Royal Tombs of Sipan .

What a bunch of nonsens!

TO 1. The universities had already since 2006 where the government at this time decided to start a major tourism offensive...what happened since then ...barely nothing !
TO 2. This is actually true in terms of sex tourism...I only have to look out of the window right now because I am in Iquitos...its a sad sight.
TO 3. I was speaking in general and you come up with one recently developed tourism sight..come on? :? Lets go to Chachapoyas, Pucallpa and Cajamarca ,which would have endless resources to do quality tourism and...??? Zero, nepia, nix!!
And as I mentioned Iquitos ,the pearl of the jungle...if anybody had slightly interest to develop the city ,they should start with the airport and the roads.

No, my friend , if you really wnat to know how its done right in an emerging second world country , you should visit Angola! :wink:

“What a bunch of nonsens!” and then “This is actually true...” Good to know my nonsense is actually true!

Peru is spending lots of $$ every year on developing tourists sites, either expanding existing or developing new ones. There are thousands of them on the protected list, works are prioritized and sadly, no, Peru cannot afford to do them all at once. Would it be nice if they could spend more on this, yes, and more on crime prevention, more on infrastructure, more on education, more on...

Panman, it is unlikely the sites you see are not known if they are major, though possible. I stumble across sites and wonder the same as you. Not to say new sites are not being found regularly. So much to do, so little money.
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:27 pm

teamoperu wrote:“What a bunch of nonsens!” and then “This is actually true...” Good to know my nonsense is actually true!

Sorry, but thats so stupid I cant even write a reply on that :?
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:43 pm

I came across a place called Tambo Colorado in the Pisco valley last year, whilst looking at a route on Google Earth. Next time we were in the area we checked it out.
On the whole a great place and very well worth a visit, though ruined in part by graffiti. When we arrived, we parked up, completely alone, on a brand new car park where we were greeted by the one and only guide, who we'd disturbed from reading his book under the shade of a nearby tree.
After spending several interesting hours discovering the place alone, with unrestricted access, we returned to the car park to continue our journey, but not before calling into the washrooms. Once again they were completely nes and even though it's may be hard to believe, they were complete with toilet seats, paper and hot running water.
Some months ago there was a feature about the place on a morning TV show, yet still as I drive through the area at least once a month, I've never seen a sign post form the Pan America Sur directing you to the site. Shame on the Peruvian tourist authorities.

http://youtu.be/AIiye4IV8p8
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:25 pm

panman, I misunderstood you to mean they had never been discovered, now I see you mean not discovered for tourism. I'm a mixed on this. I sort of like seeing these places without the crowds. Some say Machu Picchu is being destroyed by tourism. So selfishly I like these touristically unknown places to remain unknown but yeah for tourism $$ they should be made valuable.
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:46 pm

teamoperu wrote:panman, I misunderstood you to mean they had never been discovered, now I see you mean not discovered for tourism. I'm a mixed on this. I sort of like seeing these places without the crowds. Some say Machu Picchu is being destroyed by tourism. So selfishly I like these touristically unknown places to remain unknown but yeah for tourism $$ they should be made valuable.

likewise, I selfishly prefer to keep most of the interesting places, good restaurants and hotels I've come across to myself. Thought I'd share Tambo Colorado though, as it got the recent airing on TV.
Other than that, there's a whole load more places I'm not going to tell about. :twisted:
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:46 am

Tambo Colorado is pretty well known. It's in all the guidebooks and even the local Hilton has it on its website. The truth is it just suffers from being slightly out of the way and not high on visitors' list of priorities when visiting Peru. Part of the reason is also that most visitors only have a limited amount of time in Peru and there is an element of box ticking to this kind of tourism, so Lake Titicaca, Colca Canyon and Machu Picchu are what people come to see.

A similar thing happens at Tiwanaku in Bolivia. The site is just incredible, but not many tourists go there, so it still has something special about it, that feeling of not being a gawked at tourist attraction. I remember sitting chatting with some of the archaeologists working there, as they ate lunch, and then took a combi back to La Paz later with a few of them, thinking, I could never imagine doing anything like this at Machu Picchu.

You can even see a similar phenomenon happening in the UK. The Tower of London or Windsor Castle get millions of international visitors each year, but somewhere like Leeds castle, which is arguably much more impressive than either gets only a fraction of that number and most of its visitors are domestic tourists.

http://www.leeds-castle.com/home

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels ... index.html
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:52 am

Guiri wrote:
teamoperu wrote:

What a bunch of nonsens!

Angola a second world country?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_World
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:54 am

My point is not about development of a site/location for tourist but, transportation, Marketing and Advertising. Ask anyone one who has never been to Peru, they only know Machu Picchu or Lima. Ask them about Sipan (KIng Tut of South America), you'd draw a blank expression. With more direct international flights there would be more tourist, Trujillo (Chan Chan) Tumbes/Mancora (Beaches) Chiclayo (Bruning museum/Sipan). MOst South American countries have multiple international airports. Lima only has Lima and they are running out of space. The economy was booming but Peru failed to invest in infrastructure which is now biting them in the butt, Instead politicians and corrupt officials/mafia lined their pockets.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:01 am

Peru has a couple of international airports ie. Iquitos but that is just nitpicking, your point is well made.

Thinking about it, yes, a sign on the highway would be useful, but read to the end of the article. Travelers are more sophisticated now. The demographic makeup (or is that democratic makeup?) is way more than the simplistic analysis of chichi. Sure the government could put out signposts and glossy ads but nowadays travelers prefer social media and Internet to hear from other travelers. A video going viral provides way more advertizing than government sponsored publicity. But if they developed a northern circuit and got good reviews on social media, well, yes. Ever heard of Caño Cristales? Difficult to find any publicity about it by the Colombian government, and no signposts, not even a road, terrible infrastructure to get there, but it is becoming popular because of traveler's reviews.
Attachments
P1010564.JPG
P1010564.JPG (44.16 KiB) Viewed 4425 times
P1010496.JPG
P1010496.JPG (40.48 KiB) Viewed 4425 times
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:14 am

Looks like the Rio Rimac on acid. :lol:
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:08 am

teamoperu wrote:But lets not be foreign-centric. Tourism in Peru is not just international tourism, domestic tourism is riding high, probably a precursor of more to come. But yes, develop it and they will come, (as per, Field of Dreams).

Shops and other businesses in Tarapoto are complaining about Peruvian tourists. They don't spend anything. They buy and all inclusive package with tourist excursions included as well and don't spend money on anything else.

Foreigners tourists; most of them are cash strapped backpackers. Only the cheap run down hostels and streetstalls that sell food benefit from them.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:59 pm

chi chi wrote:
teamoperu wrote:But lets not be foreign-centric. Tourism in Peru is not just international tourism, domestic tourism is riding high, probably a precursor of more to come. But yes, develop it and they will come, (as per, Field of Dreams).

Shops and other businesses in Tarapoto are complaining about Peruvian tourists. They don't spend anything. They buy and all inclusive package with tourist excursions included as well and don't spend money on anything else.

Foreigners tourists; most of them are cash strapped backpackers. Only the cheap run down hostels and streetstalls that sell food benefit from them.

Both of these statements are inaccurate.
James_T

Postby James_T » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:41 am

Politicians in Peru need to wake up. They are too busy with their hands in the till to pay attention to what is really going on. What Peru needs is better roads and highways, the interior of the country already has plenty to see, the problem is getting there, the time involved to do so, and safety on the highways. Unfortunately Peru suffers from an antiquated road system and members of the police force that do little to enforce traffic laws (except to solicit bribes) and often are working with the thieves robbing and otherwise harassing those traveling the country.

How many times we wanted to drive out from Lima to see something of the country, only to hear of the latest roadblock or band of thieves that was roaming the highways.
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:25 am

teamoperu wrote:Peru has a couple of international airports ie. Iquitos but that is just nitpicking, your point is well made.

Thinking about it, yes, a sign on the highway would be useful, but read to the end of the article. Travelers are more sophisticated now. The demographic makeup (or is that democratic makeup?) is way more than the simplistic analysis of chichi. Sure the government could put out signposts and glossy ads but nowadays travelers prefer social media and Internet to hear from other travelers. A video going viral provides way more advertizing than government sponsored publicity. But if they developed a northern circuit and got good reviews on social media, well, yes. Ever heard of Caño Cristales? Difficult to find any publicity about it by the Colombian government, and no signposts, not even a road, terrible infrastructure to get there, but it is becoming popular because of traveler's reviews.

Duly noted:
The only direct flight to Iquitos i know of is Avianca.
The others have connections in Lima or Panama. I am looking to travel to the north (Tumbes, Piura even Trujillo) to get to my place in Pimentel without wasting vacation/free time in Lima.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:08 am

Peru Northern Tourism Circuit

http://www.peruviantimes.com/16/cable-c ... ect/23077/

Peru’s government signed on Wednesday a 20-year concession to build and operate a cable car system to reach the Kuelap archaeological site in the cloud forest of northern Amazonas region.
The project —promoted by ProInversion and described in this video — is expected to require an investment of $17.9 million, and the cable cars will be operational in 2016. It is expected to have 26 cars that will be able to carry eight to 10 passengers at a time.  The aim is to have a capacity to transport 1,000 passengers every hour.
President Ollanta Humala said the project will be key to revitalizing Peru’s northern tourist circuit, with Kuelap at the center of the attractions.
“Kuelap could be a second Machu Picchu, easily,” he said, according to newspaper Gestion. “With Kuelap, we can create a tourist circuit that will be as competitive as the south.”

(giuri upthread: No offense but the tourism faculties in Peru are fu...ng useless :twisted: They certainly dont need another Machu Picchu they only have to develope what is already there but they dont do it...its really sad to see!)
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:44 pm

teamoperu wrote:Peru Northern Tourism Circuit

Peru’s government signed on Wednesday a 20-year concession to build and operate a cable car system to reach the Kuelap archaeological site in the cloud forest of northern Amazonas region.
The project —promoted by ProInversion and described in this video — is expected to require an investment of $17.9 million, and the cable cars will be operational in 2016. It is expected to have 26 cars that will be able to carry eight to 10 passengers at a time.  The aim is to have a capacity to transport 1,000 passengers every hour.
President Ollanta Humala said the project will be key to revitalizing Peru’s northern tourist circuit, with Kuelap at the center of the attractions.
“Kuelap could be a second Machu Picchu, easily,” he said, according to newspaper Gestion. “With Kuelap, we can create a tourist circuit that will be as competitive as the south.”

(giuri upthread: No offense but the tourism faculties in Peru are fu...ng useless :twisted: They certainly dont need another Machu Picchu they only have to develope what is already there but they dont do it...its really sad to see!)

Sorry to bust your bubble ,but this things exactly prove my point :D They want to build this fancy things but nobody has an idea how to get people to Kuelap...thats ridiculous ! Like the annoucment that the general peruvian website is nominated for the tourism "Oscar" this year...does that change anything in the long run?? I dont think so! :?
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:37 am

Guiri wrote:
teamoperu wrote:Peru Northern Tourism Circuit

Sorry to bust your bubble ,but this things exactly prove my point :D They want to build this fancy things but nobody has an idea how to get people to Kuelap...thats ridiculous ! Like the annoucment that the general peruvian website is nominated for the tourism "Oscar" this year...does that change anything in the long run?? I dont think so! :?

Correction. Perhaps you have no idea how to get to Kuélap, but many others do. And they are dealing with exactly your complaint:

“The cable car system will cut 90 minutes from the journey time in each direction from the nearest town of Tingo. ... By 2023, we estimate annual visitor numbers to Kuélap will be around 285,000, with over 50% using the cable car.
Numbers of visitors to Kuélap have been steadily climbing over recent years as word has started to spread among travellers. Some 18,630 visitors were registered in 2009, 25,059 in 2010, and 35,000 are expected to visit in 2011.
One of the principal reasons for the low turnout in visitor numbers has been the area’s relative inaccessibility. Nestled in Peru’s northern highlands, the nearest airport at Chachapoyas ceased operating commercial flights in 2003, while road access is notoriously poor, as Jose Arista, the regional president of Amazonas, admitted. “The big problem we have,” he said, “is that bringing tourists from Lima to Chachapoyas involves a 54-hour bus trip that no tourist travelling under any constraints is going to consider.”
This challenge may be eased sooner rather than later, however: in March 2012 two airlines, TACA and LC Busre, will begin serving the Lima-Chachapoyas route...”
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:59 am

Sorry but thats all wild talking...like Lima gets now a monorail...same stupid fantasy :lol:
Last edited by Guiri on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slippery Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippery Jack » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:16 am

How long do you think that it would take to get to Kuélap from Moyabamba, 3hrs? I want to go and have a look.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:35 am

Guiri wrote:Sorry but thats all wild taliking...like Lima gets now a monorail...same stupid fantasy :lol:

? They signed an agreement, nothing hypothetical about that.

Lets recap. The OP was about developing more diversified tourism, like a Northern Circuit. You decided, without apparently much data, to throw mud at Peruvians efforts:

“No offense but the tourism faculties in Peru are fu...ng useless :twisted: They certainly dont need another Machu Picchu they only have to develope what is already there but they dont do it...its really sad to see!”

I disagreed, pointing out that there are efforts to develop what is already there with what funding they have. Peru works hard at developing tourism, at least the people I know working in that area. You called this nonsense, giving Chachapoyas as an example of neglect.

“TO 3. I was speaking in general and you come up with one recently developed tourism sight..come on? :? Lets go to Chachapoyas, Pucallpa and Cajamarca ,which would have endless resources to do quality tourism and...??? Zero, nepia, nix!!”

Well, wrong, it isn't zero and I posted the notice of signing an agreement at Chachapoyas for a cable car system.

“They want to build this fancy things but nobody has an idea how to get people to Kuelap” Odd because this cable car will take people directly up to Kuelap avoiding the 1 1/2 hour drive (3 hour return trip) and hence providing exactly the infrastructure you bemoaned they were not doing and shows they actually do have an idea, and signed agreement, to get people to Kuelap.

Your reply: “Sorry but thats all wild taliking...like Lima gets now a monorail...same stupid fantasy :lol:” How is a signed agreement wild talking and a stupid fantasy?
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:31 am

Guiri wrote:Sorry but thats all wild taliking...like Lima gets now a monorail...same stupid fantasy :lol:

A monorail in Lima? That's more of a Shelbyville idea.

Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:59 am

teamoperu wrote:
Guiri wrote: How is a signed agreement wild talking and a stupid fantasy?
You as a Peruvian know way more than I that even signed contracts mean zip in Peru :twisted: ...remember the Metro??? was signed in ..??..1985 or so and was operational in ?? :lol:
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:53 pm

Guiri wrote:
teamoperu wrote:
Guiri wrote: How is a signed agreement wild talking and a stupid fantasy?
You as a Peruvian know way more than I that even signed contracts mean zip in Peru :twisted: ...remember the Metro??? was signed in ..??..1985 or so and was operational in ?? :lol:

You are wrong, a contract does mean more than zip in Peru. And without contracts, what would be your means of choice to get things done?

Yes, I know the Metro very well, was just on it the other day and no, not in a fantasy.

Look, I am not suggesting there cannot be problems with contracts. But you started by saying they are doing (expletive deleted) nothing. I showed some very successful projects and you belittled them. I said they still are doing more and gave a signed cable car construction project as an example... not unlike the Sipan Museum which was a very successfully delivered contract. Now you say contracts are useless. So how do you expect them to do (expletive deleted) something if they do not use contracts to execute the work? How would you build a cable car system to Kuelap without a contract? Or would you just not bother with the project so you can continue to throw mud at Peru for doing (expletive deleted) nothing?
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:07 am

We can exchange here personal accusations for weeks ,but to bring it to an end for me: My point is that the government shouldnt throw tons of money on "Mega" projects (from which 80% disappear in corruption without a trace) and focus more on developing the infrastructure...that might be less flashy , but would do way more. Unfortunately thats not how Latin Americans do business :?
Lately , you cant say much good about US folks do things, but they know how to make tourism work!
All American Museums and Nature parks ,even little ones, are ten times better structured ,planned and executed than anything I encountered yet in South America.
Why not ask for help abroad ..? Well, thats another thing Latinos cant do, for whatever reason. 8)
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:32 am

Guiri wrote:We can exchange here personal accusations for weeks ,but to bring it to an end for me: My point is that the government shouldnt throw tons of money on "Mega" projects (from which 80% disappear in corruption without a trace) and focus more on developing the infrastructure...that might be less flashy , but would do way more. Unfortunately thats not how Latin Americans do business :?
Lately , you cant say much good about US folks do things, but they know how to make tourism work!
All American Museums and Nature parks ,even little ones, are ten times better structured ,planned and executed than anything I encountered yet in South America.
Why not ask for help abroad ..? Well, thats another thing Latinos cant do, for whatever reason. 8)

The Kuelap cable car projext IS an infrastrucure project! and it is scarecely mega.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:52 am

Guiri wrote: "Mega" projects (from which 80% disappear in corruption without a trace)

Because abroad they will say that the 80% stolen should be invested in the project. :lol:

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register