Studies Certificate Required to Obtain a Driving Licence!

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Studies Certificate Required to Obtain a Driving Licence!

Postby chelsearob77 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:27 pm

I went to the touring driving test centre today in Lince to enquire about I would go about obtaining a driving licence here in Peru & was informed that one of the requirements is I submit a certified copy of my studies in the UK (Basically a letter confirming I attended high school in the UK) the problem is my school (Stockwell Park School) is no longer there! it closed many years ago! I informed them of this at the test centre in Lince & they gave me a phone number of some woman that is in-charge of the transport here in Lima, Anyway my wife phoned them & she explained my situation regarding my school being shut-down & it being impossible for me to obtain this study certificate!
they informed my wife that they have had this problem quite a lot & advised us to write a letter addressed to the transport ministry here in Lima to bypass this requirement.

Has anybody else had to do this due to being unable to obtain a required studies certificate?

panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Studies Certificate Required to Obtain a Driving Licence!

Postby panman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:38 pm

chelsearob77 wrote:I went to the touring driving test centre today in Lince to enquire about I would go about obtaining a driving licence here in Peru & was informed that one of the requirements is I submit a certified copy of my studies in the UK (Basically a letter confirming I attended high school in the UK) the problem is my school (Stockwell Park School) is no longer there! it closed many years ago! I informed them of this at the test centre in Lince & they gave me a phone number of some woman that is in-charge of the transport here in Lima, Anyway my wife phoned them & she explained my situation regarding my school being shut-down & it being impossible for me to obtain this study certificate!
they informed my wife that they have had this problem quite a lot & advised us to write a letter addressed to the transport ministry here in Lima to bypass this requirement.

Has anybody else had to do this due to being unable to obtain a required studies certificate?

Ask them how the majority of bus, taxi and combi drivers verify their education. :lol:
dengelke

Postby dengelke » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:44 am

If you have any post high school schooling? My college degree worked fine...fyi, it needs to be the original & apostillated in the country of completion.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:11 pm

I'm still having trouble trying to get my driving licence here in Peru due to not having or being able to obtain this studies certificate due to my old school in the UK not being there anymore!

about two months ago I was told by the touring club in Lince to write a letter to the transport ministry here in Lima explaining my situation to them, & I would than be given an exemption from needed to present this studies certificate!

But like I said that was over two months ago I submitted the letter to the transport ministry & still have heard nothing from them???

So can anyone advise me what actions I should or could take next?

Thanks Rob
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Danny55 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:27 pm

Rob,

Do you have any certificates from your school? GSCE's / O-Levels or whatever? Or can you get hold of these?
I would guess (maybe wrongly on this one) that you could use those.
Remember that even when you get these you will need to get the apostille stamps done in the UK, then get the official translation done.

Dan
danjaker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby danjaker » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:03 pm

OP, thats not true, your being messed with, and quite obviously. I have had several friends here get their license, the actual driving course isnt super easy, but you can get your license. It may require paying someone off, which is how a couple of them were able to obtain it. Just the way it is.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:52 pm

In order to get a B licence, you don't need to show educational certificates.

Just attend 'la charlas', a practical tests and a medical exam and that's it.

To renew your licence, which I did last year, you have to 'la charlas' again but this time no written exam afterwards but you have to undergo a medical. Funny that you have to undergo a blood type test again.(why would your blood group change???)
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:01 am

I'm still no closer to being able to obtain my driving licence here in Peru without this studies certificate (which is impossible for me to obtain)

Anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks

Rob
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:31 am

chelsearob77 wrote:Anyone know how to get around this?

You could do highschool again in Peru .. :roll:
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:48 am

If you have a British Driving License you can go for the exchange of license method. There is no requirements for a certificate of education. The license certification is very simple and this can be done by payment on line and faxed certificate.
Link herewith

http://www.touringperu.com.pe/centro_ex ... opais.html

Ensure you click on the definition title on the left.

Good Luck
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:28 pm

adrian Thorne wrote:If you have a British Driving License you can go for the exchange of license method. There is no requirements for a certificate of education. The license certification is very simple and this can be done by payment on line and faxed certificate.
Link herewith

Good Luck

The thing is I don't actually have a British driving licence!

As I've stated before I have no way of obtaining a studies certificate as my school I attended in the UK closed down many years ago! Also when I wrote to the transport ministry here in Lima (well over two months ago now) to request they exempt me from having to present this certificate, they never replied!

So I'm at the stage now of seeing what other options there are to bypass this ridiculous requirement & obtain my driving licence here in Peru (finally!)

Thanks

Rob
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:44 pm

Do you have anything higher than highschool education ? The requirement is that you have AT LEAST highschool, so if you could show anything higher than that, wouldn't that be enough ?
So proof that you have some degree in anything.

On the webiste of Reniec it shows that Peruvians can give a 'Declaracion Jurada' if they have only primaria or secundaria. Only if you have a higher education you must actually proof it. Couldn't you persuade MTC to accept a Declaracion Jurada.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:24 pm

fanning wrote:Do you have anything higher than highschool education ? The requirement is that you have AT LEAST highschool, so if you could show anything higher than that, wouldn't that be enough ?
So proof that you have some degree in anything.

On the webiste of Reniec it shows that Peruvians can give a 'Declaracion Jurada' if they have only primaria or secundaria. Only if you have a higher education you must actually proof it. Couldn't you persuade MTC to accept a Declaracion Jurada.

Declaracion Jurada?

That's what my wife had to adrift on my behalf to migrations when I first applied for my Carnet.

So you are saying MTC could actually accept that instead of a certificate of studies?

Well I will give it a try & see what they say?

Thanks for that fanning.
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:22 pm

It would obviously have to be a declaracion jurada in which you state you have completed highschool ( secundaria ). Use the correct format, something like

DECLARACIÓN JURADA DE HABER CUMPLIDO SECUNDARIA
Yo,……………………………………………………………………………….,
identificado (a) con CE Nº……………………………… y con domicilio
en……………………………………………………………
DECLARO BAJO JURAMENTO:

Haber concluido secundaria ...

Esta declaración se formula en aplicación del principio de
veracidad establecido en el Artículo 42º de la Ley Nº 27444, Ley del
Procedimiento Administrativo General.

Lima,… de…………………………… del 20….
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Danny55 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:13 am

adrian Thorne wrote:If you have a British Driving License you can go for the exchange of license method. There is no requirements for a certificate of education. The license certification is very simple and this can be done by payment on line and faxed certificate.
Link herewith

Good Luck

I discussed this with Touring last year - they told me very clearly that I would need an apostille stamp and official translation of this DVLA certificate - which I found a joke frankly, I ordered the certificate as a back up and all you get a scanned copied from the DVLA - it costs £5. Note - they will post a copy to you but that could take weeks to arrive to you in Peru.
I know this does not help Rob but thought I share my exp.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:56 am

fanning wrote:It would obviously have to be a declaracion jurada in which you state you have completed highschool ( secundaria ). Use the correct format, something like

DECLARACIÓN JURADA DE HABER CUMPLIDO SECUNDARIA
Yo,……………………………………………………………………………….,
identificado (a) con CE Nº……………………………… y con domicilio
en……………………………………………………………
DECLARO BAJO JURAMENTO:

Haber concluido secundaria ...

Esta declaración se formula en aplicación del principio de
veracidad establecido en el Artículo 42º de la Ley Nº 27444, Ley del
Procedimiento Administrativo General.

Lima,… de…………………………… del 20….

I have since made a copy of this filling the blanks with my own details, and have sent an email to the transport ministry (along with a few others in charge there copied in on that email) asking if me presenting a Declaración Jurada de Haber Cumplido Secundaria notarised letter would be acceptable? As I am unable to obtain a certificate of studies due to the school I attended in the UK closing down many years ago!

Hopefully they will reply saying this is ok, then I will be able to go ahead and finally start the process to obtain my driving licence here in Peru.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register