Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
User avatar
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1134
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Sol De La Molina

Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby adrian Thorne » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Amigos it has come to the attention of the team certain members have set up multiple accounts using an anonymous proxy address.
Whilst accessing an anonymous forum, a proxy in its self is not a serious issue, but that said a proxy is only used when a person has something to hide. More important the creation of multiple accounts is strictly forbidden.
Ample opportunity to address the issues were notified, but in the absence of a justifiable response, the accounts have been closed.
The objective of this forum is to provide an ethical, safe and most important comfortable environment, to share experiences with friends.


User avatar
naturegirl
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4903
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:10 pm
Location: Seoul, Korea
Contact:

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby naturegirl » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Like the guy called clueless? In defense of proxies they're often used in places like China and Korea since without them you can't access basic sites.
lizzym
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:18 am

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby lizzym » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:05 pm

I don't know if this is affecting anyone else, but I had to create a new account today because something weird was happening and I couldn't log on with this one (I'm kind of relieved that I can now, because that de-complicates things a bit.)

I tried posting two things this morning -- during a rare free moment at work as the school year winds down -- for some time-sensitive things: trying to sell my furniture before I leave the country Jan. 1st, and expressing interest in a certain laptop for sale before I leave. I tried contacting Admin. when my posts didn't show, but got no response, and I still don't see my posts here.

Again, maybe this hasn't affected anyone else, but if they could figure out whatever issues are preventing normal use of the site, maybe that would make things seems less sketchy.
lizzym
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:18 am

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby lizzym » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:08 pm

That being said, I have no idea what a proxy account is, or how to get an anonymous address, so this probably isn't relevant to me. Just sayin' .. I was pretty frustrated today, and would still like to get my furniture sold. I'll try posting again now that this account works again. :roll:
User avatar
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: Granada, Andalusia

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby chi chi » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:12 am

lizzym wrote:That being said, I have no idea what a proxy account is


Neither do I.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:30 am

chi chi wrote:
lizzym wrote:That being said, I have no idea what a proxy account is


Neither do I.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server
User avatar
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Peru
Contact:

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby sbaustin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:02 am

naturegirl wrote:In defense of proxies they're often used in places like China and Korea since without them you can't access basic sites.


Not really relevant for a forum in Peru.
illume398
Member
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:53 am

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby illume398 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:10 am

A common admin mistake, for example if you nmap my current IP it will appear as a landline which it isn't. You can't assume, or write scripts to assume, that if certain ports are (un)responsive then it's a proxy/vpn/shell/etc. Admin has no way of knowing what is a true VPN/proxy/etc and pretending to will only cause legit users problems.

Admin should also realize that expatperu.com is a conversation site, there aren't any (significant) financial transactions taking place here, this isn't a payment processor, etc. The real people doing bad by obfuscating their IP's aren't going to waste their time here when there's 10 million other sites in Peru that are 10x more profitable for malicious activity than a convo site with a relatively small user base as this one.

One would think that a for profit, advertising based site like expatperu.com would encourage traffic and content of any kind, as each post would increase viewers, leading to more potential clicks for advertisements, leading to more profits, right now it looks like Admin is interfering w/advertising. Just sayin :wink:
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:28 am

The real people doing bad by sending unsolicited emails, spam, and who are obfuscating their IP's aren't interested in malicious activity for profit but are obfuscating their IP's because they have nothing better to do but waste their time trying (and failing in general) to bother members interested in legitimate conversation. It's been going on for years, the bored, attention seeking spammer using many different names. Did you recently receive an unsolicited email (spam) from someone going by the name 'clueless?' If so, you know what people are talking about. If not, you have no idea what this is about and are barking up the wrong tree. Pretty sure the answer is obvious.
eggman
Member
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby eggman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:18 pm

ironchefchris wrote:The real people doing bad by sending unsolicited emails, spam, and who are obfuscating their IP's aren't interested in malicious activity for profit but are obfuscating their IP's because they have nothing better to do but waste their time trying (and failing in general) to bother members interested in legitimate conversation. It's been going on for years, the bored, attention seeking spammer using many different names. Did you recently receive an unsolicited email (spam) from someone going by the name 'clueless?' If so, you know what people are talking about. If not, you have no idea what this is about and are barking up the wrong tree. Pretty sure the answer is obvious.



Yeah I got one.
Aren't you "clueless"?
You confessed in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=26881

Might I suggest you find a new hobby if you are this bored.
illume398
Member
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:53 am

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby illume398 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:28 pm

It's not possible to programatically detect the presence of a VPN/proxy/etc from a server. IE - don't try.

Everywhere gets spammed, there's no automated solution. That's why human mods are needed.

If you're referring to trolls, well, you know many admins are trolls, right?

Besides, pro spammers rarely hide their IPs, policia isn't kicking down spammers doors.

Changing the pointless "whats the capital of Peru?" static question to something dynamic, like captcha, would mitigate automated spam much more than any of this will.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:31 pm

eggman wrote:
ironchefchris wrote:The real people doing bad by sending unsolicited emails, spam, and who are obfuscating their IP's aren't interested in malicious activity for profit but are obfuscating their IP's because they have nothing better to do but waste their time trying (and failing in general) to bother members interested in legitimate conversation. It's been going on for years, the bored, attention seeking spammer using many different names. Did you recently receive an unsolicited email (spam) from someone going by the name 'clueless?' If so, you know what people are talking about. If not, you have no idea what this is about and are barking up the wrong tree. Pretty sure the answer is obvious.



Yeah I got one.
Aren't you "clueless"?
You confessed in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=26881

Might I suggest you find a new hobby if you are this bored.

Does your computer monitor not display the sarcasm/satire font? I do agree with you that the person is bored and needs to find a new hobby.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:43 pm

Jbird wrote:Sarcastic or not, Ironchefchris seems to know more than us.

Not really. Probably less than those who have been here longer, probably more than those who have only been here six days. Depends how you define "us," and depends on the topic of conversation. You want to know about a S/. 150, seven year old hitman, for instance, talk to chi chi. He's your guy. I don't understand what you're vaguely getting at so I don't find it very important.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby teamoperu » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Yes, I got a very silly message from clueless too. It took him longer to write it than it took me to delete it. On balance, it costs him his "valuable" time all for nothing.

Although a few of the obvious accounts were deleted, there is still one poster I am suspecting of using multiple accounts.

Thumbs up for ironchefchris's sense of humour!
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby ironchefchris » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:45 am

So I wasted about ten seconds reading ‘clueless’s' spam to everyone. Can’t say for sure because I haven’t been there in around nine months, but it reads like one of his blog posts. Signifies to me he’s got little to no traffic over in his weird little corner of the internet and is sooooo desperate for attention that he has to come here and send his unread blog posts out to many of us as unsolicited email/pms (spam). I don’t know what point he’s trying to make but what comes across is a person desperate for attention and every unsolicited email/pm just reinforces this. The content is completely valueless, just weird ramblings from a person with obvious issues. I’ve read how he got in trouble in the past for stealing posts from expatperu and using them on his site, until he was forced to remove the copied and pasted posts. What’s next? Perhaps he will copy our posts here, paste them on his site, and then email our own posts back to us as his blog entries, bringing it all full circle. Very strange. I see there’s another new pm in my inbox from a guy with no posts which I’ve deleted without opening (if you have something to say about the thread you referenced, why not just comment in thread itself instead of sending pms/email?). Hope no one else got spammed this morning. Since he obviously has no readers, every post this guy sends out, no matter what he believes his intent to be, is really just a sign of how desperate he is for people to pay attention to him. I feel bad for the guy’s wife and family. Instead of focusing on us with his negativity he could be directing that energy (hopefully in a positive way) towards his wife.

Maybe this guy just has a black heart. He probably had no friends as a child (and adult) and hated anyone who was more popular than he was (read: everyone) so he lashes out. Someone suggested to me that he has a certain family issue, the details of which I could see leaving a person disappointed, bitter and angry at the world for the unfair cards they felt they’ve been dealt. If true, I feel for him. Perhaps he truly does suffer from mental illness though. I feel bad that if this is the case (???) that I’ve had fun at his expense with some of my posts, trying to confront his bizarre hatred and craziness with humor. Though he may be an easy target, making fun of the mentally ill is wrong, and for that I’d like to apologize in general, and to this individual specifically. Hope you get the help you need and get better.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby ironchefchris » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:33 pm

Since my last post on this thread I’ve received eight spams(!), in a combination of pm’s and emails, from two different user names, though more than likely the same person. Must be onto something or hit a nerve. If this person can’t post his opinions on the relevant threads he references, then I can’t be bothered to open his spam pm’s/emails. I don’t know why he’s afraid to make his posts public and at this point I don’t really care and can’t be bothered. Feel free to keep wasting your time writing and sending them if you like, but know that these and any future spam emails are just deleted without ever being opened and read. Spam pm's are moved to my ever growing 'do not open' folder so that by staying in your 'Outbox' (and not being moved to your 'Sent messages' box) you know they are unopened. Should the 'do not open' folder get full, I'll delete them and start over should you insist on continuing. Instead of bothering me all your spam does is continue to demonstrate your desperate need for attention and your weird obsessions. At this point even if you were to muster up the courage to make your statements public, I’m not really interested in anything you have to say on the forum and will likely just add your many handles as they pop up to my ignore list so don’t be surprised if you never get a response from me. The sad (for you) fact is that you need us, but we don’t need you.

I understand if you feel life’s dealt you a crappy hand, but taking it out on the world, specifically here with absolute strangers who’ve never done you any wrong, isn’t doing you any good as far as your chance at happiness in life. Then again, maybe yours truly is a case of actual mental illness. With all the different member names that you use here simultaneously and that I'm guessing that you still use at your blog/forum to make it look like you have readership, schizophrenia is a distinct possibility, especially when your paranoia and obsessive behavior has been noted as well. It wouldn’t surprise me if you threw in the occasional self critical comment on your blog/forum just so it looks like there really is another person other than yourself who participates, but it’s pretty obvious you’re just talking to yourself. Whatever the reason for your unhappiness or condition, you should seriously consider talking about things with a professional counselor. Best of luck to you.
User avatar
street legal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby street legal » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:05 pm

@ ironchef

I hear ya, bro.
I'm not sure how moderator Thorne can put an end to the madness unless he could somehow negotiate a peace settlement with the lad.
User avatar
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 3350
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Pimentel Beach-Chiclayo- Sanford NC
Contact:

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby tupacperu » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:56 pm

sbaustin wrote:
naturegirl wrote:In defense of proxies they're often used in places like China and Korea since without them you can't access basic sites.


Not really relevant for a forum in Peru.


It is relevant if you do not want anyone knowing your whereabouts (City, State, Country). I us to work offshore and had to use a proxy (Mega Proxy) in order to access my work in the US (while in Peru). THe company restricted access to the USA. But I was on assignment and needed access. Also Proxy Servers are used to mask you internet address. SOme people like privacy and do not want to be tracked
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby teamoperu » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:46 am

street legal wrote:@ ironchef

I hear ya, bro.
I'm not sure how moderator Thorne can put an end to the madness unless he could somehow negotiate a peace settlement with the lad.


Interesting idea. Not sure I'd want to be anywhere this guy though to negotiate, he really does seem to be a sicko.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby ironchefchris » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:03 am

teamoperu wrote:
street legal wrote:@ ironchef

I hear ya, bro.
I'm not sure how moderator Thorne can put an end to the madness unless he could somehow negotiate a peace settlement with the lad.


Interesting idea. Not sure I'd want to be anywhere this guy though to negotiate, he really does seem to be a sicko.

Never saw this silly post directed to me thanks to the ignore list. Guess you can't ignore them when someone else quotes them. Oh well. Still a great feature.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby teamoperu » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:05 am

ironchefchris wrote:
teamoperu wrote:
street legal wrote:@ ironchef

I hear ya, bro.
I'm not sure how moderator Thorne can put an end to the madness unless he could somehow negotiate a peace settlement with the lad.


Interesting idea. Not sure I'd want to be anywhere this guy though to negotiate, he really does seem to be a sicko.

Never saw this silly post directed to me thanks to the ignore list. Guess you can't ignore them when someone else quotes them. Oh well. Still a great feature.


oops. I guess I'll follow your lead and do the same to avoid this problem.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby ironchefchris » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:17 am

Not surprising a possibly mentally ill, proven stalker, with a blog full of anal-obsessive posts would suggest negotiating with the hopes of an in person meeting with those guys he stalks. He'd probably just hide in the bushes with a camera.
User avatar
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Peru
Contact:

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby sbaustin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:27 pm

tupacperu wrote:
sbaustin wrote:
naturegirl wrote:In defense of proxies they're often used in places like China and Korea since without them you can't access basic sites.


Not really relevant for a forum in Peru.


It is relevant if you do not want anyone knowing your whereabouts (City, State, Country). I us to work offshore and had to use a proxy (Mega Proxy) in order to access my work in the US (while in Peru). THe company restricted access to the USA. But I was on assignment and needed access. Also Proxy Servers are used to mask you internet address. SOme people like privacy and do not want to be tracked


The discussion about proxies isn't about countries censoring their citizens or your corporate network restricting you. It is about people using proxies and vpn's in order to abuse this forum. Do you have anything particular to say about that topic?
User avatar
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby gringolandia » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:17 pm

There are some basic technical measures that can be implemented to detect someone using a proxy or VPN to create multiple accounts.

These measures can be easily evaded, but it takes a bit of effort to do so and the person needs only slip up once for the logs to contain the incriminating evidence, and that usually doesn't take long.

Depending on the quality of the logs kept here, the necessary info may already be in them.
User avatar
street legal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby street legal » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:50 pm

ironchefchris wrote:
teamoperu wrote:
street legal wrote:@ ironchef

I hear ya, bro.
I'm not sure how moderator Thorne can put an end to the madness unless he could somehow negotiate a peace settlement with the lad.


Interesting idea. Not sure I'd want to be anywhere this guy though to negotiate, he really does seem to be a sicko.

Never saw this silly post directed to me thanks to the ignore list. Guess you can't ignore them when someone else quotes them. Oh well. Still a great feature.



You'd think that people
Would have had enough of silly posts
I look around me
And I see it isn't so
Some people want to fill the forum with silly posts
What's wrong with that?
User avatar
jimuazu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:45 am
Location: Arequipa
Contact:

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby jimuazu » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:05 pm

I was just blocked from the forum due to my IP address: 181.64.106.161

Since this is just the random one assigned by Telefonica the last time I rebooted the router, I rebooted it again and got a new IP address and got access to the site no problem. Blocking by IP is pretty pointless when no-one has permanent IPs in Peru.

Not sure whether this symptom is related to the wider problem.
Image
User avatar
naturegirl
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4903
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:10 pm
Location: Seoul, Korea
Contact:

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby naturegirl » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:30 pm

He's got two more usernames: eggman and lineman. They've disabled PMs as well. Is there any way that we can block people? They can send us PMs, but we can't PM them. Can't it be that if THEY don't allow PMs, then they can't SEND PMs?
Last edited by naturegirl on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 2880
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby Alan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:46 pm

Please report PM´s that are harassment. The mod team will delete the user. We are committed to keeping Expatperu troll free, and a welcoming, helpful space for foreigners living in Peru.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby ironchefchris » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:15 am

The resident troll must be fuming, as if someone pee’d in his morning bowl of Schizophren’eOs, because he sent me seven pm’s/emails since yesterday (unopened/unopened and deleted) from accounts set up a month ago that have never once been used to post and seem to exist only to spam people. Still don’t understand why he’s afraid to post his opinions on the relevant threads using just one user account instead of spamming everybody with his multiple personalities. Maybe he thinks that quantity in user names and spam will get me to open them, but I don’t he think he realizes that quantity is not a good thing when it’s spewed from, what chi chi referred to as, a “public toilet.” Maybe he’s still dealing with the sting of that rejection. Seven reminders of his compulsive obsessiveness (or is that his obsessive compulsiveness?) and that even his unrequited crush thinks his blog is something out of a graffiti filled public toilet. I can’t say for sure because I’m not a fan of public toilet stalls and won’t voluntarily spend my time in them, nor do I want to give that blog any traffic (like a public toilet, it smells real bad over there), but I’ve got a feeling there’s no post with a link to the “complain about…” thread over in the public toilet stall that is his blog.

Get some help, or at least a real friend and a hobby. Maybe consider spending some time with your wife, though I could understand if she’s happier with you doing your thing in the stall all day and night so that she can do her thing in peace in a place where the air isn’t so foul.

Ooooooooo!.png
Ooooooooo!.png (10.21 KiB) Viewed 3967 times

images.jpg
images.jpg (11.76 KiB) Viewed 3967 times

images-1.jpg
images-1.jpg (7.35 KiB) Viewed 3967 times
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby teamoperu » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:17 am

ironchefchris wrote:The resident troll must be fuming, as if someone pee’d in his morning bowl of Schizophren’eOs, because he sent me seven pm’s/emails since yesterday (unopened/unopened and deleted) from accounts set up a month ago that have never once been used to post and seem to exist only to spam people. Still don’t understand why he’s afraid to post his opinions on the relevant threads using just one user account instead of spamming everybody with his multiple personalities. Maybe he thinks that quantity in user names and spam will get me to open them, but I don’t he think he realizes that quantity is not a good thing when it’s spewed from, what chi chi referred to as, a “public toilet.” Maybe he’s still dealing with the sting of that rejection. Seven reminders of his compulsive obsessiveness (or is that his obsessive compulsiveness?) and that even his unrequited crush thinks his blog is something out of a graffiti filled public toilet. ]


Wow. Seven! I am jealous. And hurt. :( I haven't received anything from him for weeks now. Talk about favouritism.
User avatar
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: Granada, Andalusia

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby chi chi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:23 am

teamoperu wrote:Wow. Seven! I am jealous. And hurt. :( I haven't received anything from him for weeks now. Talk about favouritism.



Seven! Lucky him.



7.jpg
7.jpg (14.29 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
User avatar
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1134
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Sol De La Molina

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby adrian Thorne » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:36 pm

To ensure a comfortable environment the forum is still rigorously monitored and with the support of the membership, can confirm we have had a further incidence of multiple accounts created, which were used to troll the forum and possibly obtain information of a personal nature from fellow members. The membership of the offender has been cancelled, but can we please remind you to be vigilant and inform the moderators of any suspicions you may have.
User avatar
americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 3841
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Lima

Re: Amigos it has come to the attention of the team

Postby americorps » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:17 am

I think this is the model of how to respond to a demented troll or trolls.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... -1.2134914

Long story short, the victims father sent copies of the trolling comments to the trolls work, family, media and anyone else who would listen, simply exposing the truth about who they are. If they are ashamed of it, they should not post it, once they do, it becomes public property.

Some have lost their jobs, spots on teams, relationships and others have found the help they need. To me it does not matter if they are in need of mental health care or just plain mean, trolls need to face consequences for their actions.

I miss Peru, I hope to come back some day.

Return to “Expat Information”

cron

Login  •  Register